Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

In other words, she has a lot in common with K-pop star Luna.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Been away from this thread in awhile.

Any news on the new Agents of Atlas? Feels like I've been missing my cool, pan-Asian superhero team.

Nothing's been announced since Atlantis Attacks. Amadeus no longer appears in Champions either. The only Agents being seen regularly are Silk and Shang-Chi, who both have solo books.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nothing's been announced since Atlantis Attacks. Amadeus no longer appears in Champions either. The only Agents being seen regularly are Silk and Shang-Chi, who both have solo books.
    Certainly hope an Agents of Atlas something comes out soon! Agents would be the appropriate book to handle things like Covid and the effects on the Asian-American community.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

The comics deliberately haven't covered COVID, because of the sliding timescale. It's a historical event, and focusing a story on such things causes problems later on. Indie comics could do a story about COVID, but not Marvel or DC.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wasn't there an X-Men versus Agents of Atlas story?

Astonishing Member

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Certainly hope an Agents of Atlas something comes out soon!
    Same.

Whoops, I forgot, Aero also has a new home, in The Marvels.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'd like to see flashbacks of Wave working with our homegrown team Triumph Division, even if just as a trainee. And since she's now considered an ally and friend of Atlantis, she could pop-up in a Namor story.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Shang-Chi, Jimmy Woo and Silk are all in the next Marvel Voices one-shot in August (alongside Jubilee, Ms. Marvel, and one more character they haven't revealed yet)
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...oices-identity

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage variant cover by In Hyuk Lee.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage variant cover by In Hyuk Lee.
    Jimmy Woo?

That's what I assumed. Problem with Jimmy is, he just looks like a regular bloke, doesn't have any distinguishing features or a superhero costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'd like to see flashbacks of Wave working with our homegrown team Triumph Division, even if just as a trainee. And since she's now considered an ally and friend of Atlantis, she could pop-up in a Namor story.
    That would be good. Would love to see more of Wave as well as the other members of the Triumph Division. Would like to know more about Red Feather. Costume design reminds me of Space Ghost. Besides flight and super strength, what else can he do?

As I've said before though, I'd love to see a Filipino soldier type on the team. Someone who is a combo of Captain America, Punisher, and Shang-Chi. I'm talking about a character who is skilled in arnis/eskrima/kali as well as firearms. I can picture him already, just this badass ex-Filipino marine who could punch and kill you dozens of times over with his sticks, knives, or hand-to-hand while also able to take you out with his automatic weapons. But of course, you go 180 degrees from the Punisher, and just make him as friendly, genial, and good-natured as hell. Y'know, really good tito vibes. I could see him as the instructor to Wave.

That's what I assumed. Problem with Jimmy is, he just looks like a regular bloke, doesn't have any distinguishing features or a superhero costume.
    I was a little thrown off to be sure. Lookin a little too tactical to be a 1950s Jimmy Woo. Dude's looking sharp though.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."