Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Gambit by Vincenzo Riccardi

Wow love the color texture. Very eye catching

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Played a little bit with Gambit 2012 covers.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1445388424345686022
    Bro that is on another level. I loved all your art you have shown in the past but that really is just so Cajun spicy. Seriously great job.
    Last edited by Gripstir; 10-08-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Mighty Member

There was an announcement on Twitter about Claremont writing X-men Legends #12. But seems to be centering on Nightcrawler kitty pryde Mystique and Destiny. It didn’t say anything about Gambit though

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    There was an announcement on Twitter about Claremont writing X-men Legends #12. But seems to be centering on Nightcrawler kitty pryde Mystique and Destiny. It didn’t say anything about Gambit though
    I’m guessing we will get some announcement when they start with the post inferno lineup. Seeing how the scripts where called gambit and not X-men legend it leads me to think it’s a mini or, less likely, a ongoing.

They need to give Gambit something TO DO. Fighting in a fairy war for his rights to hock blackmarket Pop-Tarts does not = "plans."

Whatever CC's project is, it looks like back to basics - riverboat, gambling, explosions. Which will be nice after 2 years of...whatever he's doing in Excalibur. It would be great to see him branching out, having stakes in something or someone again, even if that IS fairy-land antics in helping the disenfranchised of Avalon (Avalot? Avalor? I get confused, I watch a lot of Disney).

I am confused...they said the X-titles are on pause for X of Wolvie, but then in January there's a Sabretooth book? And maybe a Legionaires series? So, is it specifically books with the letter X in them? If so...maybe Gambit can sneak in during the long long weeks of XofW.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I wish Krakoa didn't have to be an all or nothing thing. I don't see every mutant wanting to live on the island and I would count Gambit among them. It would actually be pretty interesting to have him dissent and move with Rogue off of the island (and whoever else doesn't want to live there anymore). The people who like Krakoa can keep it and those that don't can read books that don't involve it.

In fact, the conflict that would arise from this would be pretty juicy. There could be a lot of disagreement in regards to the resurrection protocols, Orchis, etc.

Of course, I don't see this happening anytime soon, but one can dream. Regardless, I'm tired of Gambit having to deal with Excalibur stuff. It was okay at first and I don't necessarily want to have him re-tread the same stories, but that would be better than what he's doing now at this point.
    Make Good Art

I wish Krakoa didn't have to be an all or nothing thing. I don't see every mutant wanting to live on the island and I would count Gambit among them. It would actually be pretty interesting to have him dissent and move with Rogue off of the island (and whoever else doesn't want to live there anymore). The people who like Krakoa can keep it and those that don't can read books that don't involve it.

In fact, the conflict that would arise from this would be pretty juicy. There could be a lot of disagreement in regards to the resurrection protocols, Orchis, etc.

Of course, I don't see this happening anytime soon, but one can dream. Regardless, I'm tired of Gambit having to deal with Excalibur stuff. It was okay at first and I don't necessarily want to have him re-tread the same stories, but that would be better than what he's doing now at this point.
    Hickman was buidling to a story so large in scope that all mutants needed to band togheter to face it. With him gone there will be room for teams to operate more autonomous from Krakoa. Gambit should be on such a team. There is very little motivation for him to have anything other then a beach house on Krakoa. Unless some plot makes it so that mutants can't live freely outside of Krakoa.

I'm rereading Gambits solo from 2012 now and it really scracthes the thieving itch I have had since Gambit bumbled through Excaliburs attempts of suspenseful thefts. Where his proudest achievement was stealing from an unguarded and unlocked wooden cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Hickman was buidling to a story so large in scope that all mutants needed to band togheter to face it. With him gone there will be room for teams to operate more autonomous from Krakoa. Gambit should be on such a team. There is very little motivation for him to have anything other then a beach house on Krakoa. Unless some plot makes it so that mutants can't live freely outside of Krakoa.

I'm rereading Gambits solo from 2012 now and it really scracthes the thieving itch I have had since Gambit bumbled through Excaliburs attempts of suspenseful thefts. Where his proudest achievement was stealing from an unguarded and unlocked wooden cupboard.
    I know what you mean, but at the same time, I don't think the execution was all that great. I was all in during HoX/PoX, but nothing since then has made me think, "Gambit really does need to be a part of this". Especially in Excalibur
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    With him gone there will be room for teams to operate more autonomous from Krakoa. Gambit should be on such a team.
    Gambit could be a Krakoan "James Bond"

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Didn't they just do a story, and by CC , at least with Kitty, destiny and Kurt already? Well, that was one I could read.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-12-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Gambit commission by Joel Furtado

Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Didn't they just do a story, and by CC , at least with Kitty, destiny and Kurt already? Well, that was one I could read.
    Not sure, but this one is coming out in February. Which is why I thought it would be Gambits story at first with the announcement he’s writing gambit

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Gambit could be a Krakoan "James Bond"
    It’s Lebeau, Cherie. Remy lebeau, Cherie

Mighty Member

From the shadows and sandman’s_raven those are some nice fan arts. It reminds me I’m still a bit nervous about Disney’s design of Gambit for merch so far but I hope they do something like what fan artists do for reboot

An interesting article arguing for Gambit to get a lot of focus in the MCU a la Wolverine for Fox:

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...men-mcu-gambit
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

An interesting article arguing for Gambit to get a lot of focus in the MCU a la Wolverine for Fox:

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...men-mcu-gambit
    Gambut could be one of the main marvel players if Disney wanted, he has that potentially. We will see