Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Does Leah Williams like Gambit as a character? You seem upbeat if she gets him.
    I don't think she's really said one way or another but she used him last week in those two panels for Trial of Magneto and imo A) she didn't have to use him if she didn't like him and B) it was a fun portrayal of him
    Make Good Art

She did go to the trouble of making a Remy LeBeau playlist on Spotify. I think the only thing she’d said about Gambit in social media was that she thought Maggot would be better at sex. Which I’m almost 95% was meant to be a joke.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I hope this pans out for sure. But I have to ask would you prefer a TV series or a movie?
    Tv does make me like it more because honestly I don’t want Gambit to be a big tent pole. I don’t want everyone to have opinions on Gambit tbh. With a tv show he can go under the radar a bit and they can work on doing him justice rather than trying to appeal him to everyone. But a movie would obviously allow for bigger story I think. But Maybe build up gambit with a show then a movie later

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Storm with Gambit, Gentle and Rogue are teased in things to come in Black Panther new solo.

Solicits and covers for BP #3 on January.
    BLACK PANTHER #3

CELEBRATING THE 200TH ISSUE OF BLACK PANTHER AS T'CHALLA FACES OFF AGAINST THE X-MEN OF MARS!
    With assassins closing in and Wakanda's faith in him shaken, T'Challa goes to visit Storm on the newly terraformed Mars. But this will not be a happy reunion as T'Challa has ulterior motives for his visit.

So what do we think. Is this the X-men Red team?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I agree with this assessment. I always liked him being the cool character in the periphery
    In agreement with everything you've said. I believe the '90s captured him best (XD)

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with everything you've said. I believe the '90s captured him best (XD)
    This is one of the images I was thinking of when I posted that comment. Just wish the forearm was correctly colored lol
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    So what do we think. Is this the X-men Red team?
    I thought Ewing was going to write Storm. If so then perhaps this could be immortal X-men. Ewing+Romy certainly would be interesting.

Perhaps it's just Gentle for Wakanda. Storm due to Gentle and her connection to BP and Romy because the writer wanted them for this story.

Normally you get the team with the character you want(Storm here I assume). So let's hope they are on the same team. Storm, Rogue and Gambit sounds like a team that would make sense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I thought Ewing was going to write Storm. If so then perhaps this could be immortal X-men. Ewing+Romy certainly would be interesting.

Perhaps it's just Gentle for Wakanda. Storm due to Gentle and her connection to BP and Romy because the writer wanted them for this story.

Normally you get the team with the character you want(Storm here I assume). So let's hope they are on the same team. Storm, Rogue and Gambit sounds like a team that would make sense.
    It looks like it was just announced Storm is on Immortal X-men but with the Quiet Council. Decent cast in the book.

It’s possible people’s theory that Knights of X is going to be the Excalibur team on a new book but I really want to get Gambit off that squad and with some bigger characters and stop playing second fiddle to Captain Britain

Sinister and Storm are confirmed for Immortal X-men so won’t be with them.

Maybe Gambit and Deadpool could end up together? Them in that Deadpool Red White and Blood was very wholesome

Kitty is on Immortal and on Marauders.
    I am sure that Storm will be on Immortal and also Lead Ewing's X-Men Red.

Gambit probably will be thrown into Excalibur pit that will be called Knights of X now.

Fingers crossed that somehow we get lucky and Howard is not a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Kitty is on Immortal and on Marauders.
    I am sure that Storm will be on Immortal and also Lead Ewing's X-Men Red.

Gambit probably will be thrown into Excalibur pit that will be called Knights of X now.

Fingers crossed that somehow we get lucky and Howard is not a writer.
    Howard basically confirmed on her IG that she's writing Knights of X. Better cross your fingers for Gambit not to be there.

Mighty Member

There’s no way she’s gonna let go of the character probably pulling in the most eyes to her issues. And none of the other writers know how to write Gambit. I think the lack of intellectual diversity within Marvel shows itself by the fact they can’t find someone to do Gambit justice. It’s all the same kinda thought processes. The only difference is degrees of talent. I prey Marvel cares enough to change up the lineup. Just let him keep the tarot cards

Astonishing Member

…sigh, he is the most popular character in the book despite the fact Howard does nothing with him. Can’t imagine the Braddock family (and Rictor) adventures in colonization would be a big seller… sigh some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Howard basically confirmed on her IG that she's writing Knights of X. Better cross your fingers for Gambit not to be there.
    Dang! Say it aint so...

Mighty Member

I didn’t see anything on her IG. Maybe it was a comment or something but I didn’t see it in the posts themselves. I do think that Gambit is about to get another mainstream push so I could see them bumping him to a more mainstream title

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    This is one of the images I was thinking of when I posted that comment. Just wish the forearm was correctly colored lol
    Who knows? Maybe they were anticipating Jim Lee's move to Image Comics & the creation of Cole Cash: Grifter!