Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Oh no doubt at all Gambit is extremely fast and has incredible reflexes(and yes I LOVE all those Claremont bullet dodging and missile catching moments). This is beyond that kind of fast though. Just noticing the bullet that close and stopping it are Quicksilver or Northstar levels of reaction time and speed. Oh well, I will definitely take it though. It is certainly a huge upgrade and improvement over falling into holes Gambit or flashes of useless light Gambit.
    So I would say this is his powers evolving. Kinetic energy is energy in motion. At his peak power Gambit can keep people frozen or accelerate their motion to make them go faster, just like he did as New Sun with the guy he kept in stasis (Wild Bill I believe).

That is just a theory though. I feel like this book is going to have a more mystical reason.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think people just forgot how fast and badass Gambit can be. Cool moment with him blowing up that bullet. Gambit is that fast.

In addition, from one of his early appearances...

rn1QUabzPy7Gct1LWzceKpz4JpsLIq_xInRj0NLaHMY.jpg
    Make Good Art

Maybe that Claremont thing is a 3rd Gambit script. I'm pretty sure he wrote at least one. Or maybe a tv show episode 3? It could be anything or nothing ��

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    Maybe that Claremont thing is a 3rd Gambit script. I'm pretty sure he wrote at least one. Or maybe a tv show episode 3? It could be anything or nothing ��
    Oh good call on the script. I could see that as well
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

I can’t see mcu hiring Claremont to write the scripts, script consultant or something like that, maybe. The. He would be reading and making notes, etc…

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    In addition, from one of his early appearances...

rn1QUabzPy7Gct1LWzceKpz4JpsLIq_xInRj0NLaHMY.jpg
    Lovely. Another favorite would be Remy catching the spike with his feet from...

X-Tinction Agenda
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-11-2021 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Yup, so good. Such a clever way to show off his skills
    Make Good Art

Well we finally got a halfway decent Excalibur issue. None of the ways Gambit used his powers this issue made sense with how his powers worked before Howard, but he was at least useful and needed for once in this book(and useful several times). The rest of the issue not not having to do with Gambit was a vast improvement as well. It is like Howard has finally read some of the old Captain Britain stories and is finally starting to pull from them and also is actually going to explain why things are so different in Otherworld now. Hopefully next issue continues the trend.
    Last edited by thjan; 07-14-2021 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Lovely. Another favorite would be Remy catching the spike with his feet from...

X-Tinction Agenda
    Come for the dialogue, stay for that sweet, juicy lycra covered arse.

Well we finally got a halfway decent Excalibur issue. None of the ways Gambit used his powers this issue made sense with how his powers worked before Howard, but he was at least useful and needed for once in this book(and useful several times). The rest of the issue not not having to do with Gambit was a vast improvement as well. It is like Howard has finally read some of the old Captain Britain stories and is finally starting to pull from them and also is actually going to explain why things are so different in Otherworld now. Hopefully next issue continues the trend.
    Ok, you talked me into giving it another try.

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Come for the dialogue, stay for that sweet, juicy lycra covered arse.
    You said out loud what was in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ok, you talked me into giving it another try.

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Siiiigh. Okay. Me too. Dagnabit.

That's cool. I saw some of the scans in the Excalibur review thread and it seems like he's doing some stuff. Definitely not sure how the logic works with is powers but Tini wouldn't be the first to use his powers in ways that don't make sense lol
    Make Good Art

I think there is a disconnect between the writing and the art in Excalibur. Especially with Gambits power uses. For freaking ****. We need to see what Gambit charges and how he uses that. Otherwise his power is just boring.

Tini will never write a good Gambit. That train, pun intended, has left the station. Even if this issue is better it's not something I would recommend to a fan of Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Especially with Gambits power uses. For freaking ****. We need to see what Gambit charges and how he uses that. Otherwise his power is just boring.
    Agreed. I liked that he was actually doing stuff this issue, but I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it had been explained or shown how exactly he was doing these feats. Howard absolutely does not have a good grasp of how any of the characters powers work. She is pretty much treating Gambit's powers like magic that can do whatever the plot calls for.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Tini will never write a good Gambit. That train, pun intended, has left the station.
    Agreed again. She does not have his personality or powers down. Still, if he is going to be stuck here, I like that he may actually be used and competent and not useless and background going forward.