Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Purp

Thanks for the scans as I stopped reading the pile of trash that is Excalibur. Tini still sucks writing Gambit but I didn't have a problem with his power uses here. I also don't think they really need to be explained in any detail as we have seen echoes of them before. Gambit has caught bullets and other fast objects before, he has powered Iron Man's suit as well as being the power source for Khan's interdimensional portal in X-treme, and with his death persona, he has used mystical cards before as he trapped someone within a card during Hellbound I believe it was.
    Glad to see you again, Remydat.
    Big Gambit fans can easily explain what happend or find a way to explain it but some explanation should be in this issue. I saw a lot of posts on twitter and here from people fro bullet scene that it was awesome but they don't understand what happened.

Even I don't understand what happened with bullet exactly.
    Did Remy cath it, charged and then it explode?
    Or he charged his fist and create explosion to stop it?
    Or did he remove a kinetic energy from bullet? Etc
    Who knows what happened.

Oh, I even forgot about Death persona an how he trapped someone in his card.

It was a right decision to stop reading it.

His cards charmed/possessed his teammates in Hellbound. It was a random side story in Legacy that had Gambit's black cards trap two guards or something like that. I remember hoping he could summon them like Pokemon but Carey dropped the plot.

It makes more sense that he stopped the kinetic energy but it looks like he caused an explosion to stop it like a barrier.

Mighty Member

So thinking about Gambit powers imo most of his stuff can be explained scientifically with physics. But I'm curious if we could gather some instances where Remy's powers were shown to be more than just his powers of blowing up things or charging or whatever. Where it felt like the writers were trying to take his character or powers somewhere weird.

I saw this article and it mentioned the Rogue series Had some Gambit power continuity. Not sure if anyone read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    It makes more sense that he stopped the kinetic energy but it looks like he caused an explosion to stop it like a barrier.
    I think what other people said about it being reflexes is the thing I believe atm. If he supercharged his muscles he could react super quick but probably for only a split second. Not like a quicksilver all the time type thing. But it could definitely be something with stopping its momentum as well. As I said artwork doesn't really clarify to us how it happened. Hoping its addressed next time
    Last edited by Gripstir; 07-16-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Mighty Member

All-New Member

Just got into Gambit this last couple of months, but I've been absolutely enjoying delving into his character, I've read most everything now, saving some for later but it's nice to see there's likeminded fans out there!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Welcome! Always happy to hear he has new fans!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Glad to see you again, Remydat.
    Big Gambit fans can easily explain what happend or find a way to explain it but some explanation should be in this issue. I saw a lot of posts on twitter and here from people fro bullet scene that it was awesome but they don't understand what happened.

Even I don't understand what happened with bullet exactly.
    Did Remy cath it, charged and then it explode?
    Or he charged his fist and create explosion to stop it?
    Or did he remove a kinetic energy from bullet? Etc
    Who knows what happened.

Oh, I even forgot about Death persona an how he trapped someone in his card.

It was a right decision to stop reading it.
    Given how close it was to his face and his hands were already up in the scene before the explosion, I presume he caught it, charged it and then made it explode in one swift motion. Really he probably didn't need the explosion but like with the train they probably just did it for dramatic effect. That or the intent was to indicate he could not merely stop it without also discharging the energy in the bullet. Given the bullet was so close to the face and there is suppose to be a time component to his charging and there was nothing present for him to charge, a kinetic barrier wouldn't make as much sense to me. So felt more like he was converting the forward energy of the bullet into an explosion in the opposite direction after he caught it.

His cards charmed/possessed his teammates in Hellbound. It was a random side story in Legacy that had Gambit's black cards trap two guards or something like that. I remember hoping he could summon them like Pokemon but Carey dropped the plot.
    Yeah that is the story. He also had the ability to create minions by touching someone when he was in Limbo. I quite liked the story.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...llbound_2010_2
    Last edited by remydat; 07-17-2021 at 03:46 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    Just got into Gambit this last couple of months, but I've been absolutely enjoying delving into his character, I've read most everything now, saving some for later but it's nice to see there's likeminded fans out there!
    Hello. Any favorite qualities or storylines about him?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Hello. Any favorite qualities or storylines about him?
    It started out, I'd been looking to get into X-Men for years and I always thought Gambit looked cool, very superficial I suppose but now I love how nuanced he is, really. I've learned a lot of people see him at surface level, but fail to see his development, his loyalty to those he cares about, especially when it comes to kids in a situation similar to his. I'm also just a big fan of turning the whole 'sexy cat burglar' trope on it's head by assigning it to a male character, sort of a homme fatale in his own way. I started with his 2012 run and worked backwards, so that one definitely holds a special place in my heart now, even if it's kind of basic in terms of story, I'll pretty much eat up anything he's in now for better or worse.

Mighty Member

It started out, I'd been looking to get into X-Men for years and I always thought Gambit looked cool, very superficial I suppose but now I love how nuanced he is, really. I've learned a lot of people see him at surface level, but fail to see his development, his loyalty to those he cares about, especially when it comes to kids in a situation similar to his. I'm also just a big fan of turning the whole 'sexy cat burglar' trope on it's head by assigning it to a male character, sort of a homme fatale in his own way. I started with his 2012 run and worked backwards, so that one definitely holds a special place in my heart now, even if it's kind of basic in terms of story, I'll pretty much eat up anything he's in now for better or worse.

Don't think I've seen him explained that way before but it makes perfect sense. The best comparison I saw for Gambit was Sawyer in the show Lost. But yeah a male catwoman is very accurate as well. Lol

When it comes to kids I think him and X23 together is a great story if you haven't read that yet give it a shot

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Don't think I've seen him explained that way before but it makes perfect sense. The best comparison I saw for Gambit was Sawyer in the show Lost. But yeah a male catwoman is very accurate as well. Lol

When it comes to kids I think him and X23 together is a great story if you haven't read that yet give it a shot
    Seconding X-23. Liu did a lot of great stuff with Gambit
    Make Good Art

All-New Member

Yup! Loved that run and definitely helped to cement him as a favorite of mine.

Mighty Member

Yup! Loved that run and definitely helped to cement him as a favorite of mine.

This was 'chill weirdly wise' Gambit. For once he wasn't the sulky one so he had to choose a different personality. And it was really good

All-New Member

In a perfect world it would've been nice if we got a more solid arc coming out of this, but so is the way of comics, it works really well with him rekindling his relationship with Rogue later on and shows how much his character can develop given the chance.

RCO011_1469372349.jpg