Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

If I had to rank the ones in that interview who seemed to “get Gambit” I would say it goes. Nobody was really wrong but that’s my list in terms of hearing the right things.

1. Marjorie Liu
    2. Mike Carey
    3. Victor Gishler
    4. Kieron Gillen

They all had good points and some bad ones. I think Kieron does cover the fact Gambit is way more trusted then he should be. I think at some point you get used to him doing some bad stuff but I think a good reminder that Gambit doesn’t fully play on the X-men side is good. I like how they said all the X-men now have dabbled in the dark side. So they would have to up their game for gambits bad side

I think a couple things I disagree with is Saying Gambit trusts Rogue. Gambit loved Rogue i don’t think it was trust yet. I like the person who said Storm is who he would trust. I think he trusts her more than other members of the team do.

Overall good interview. Everyone said some smart things about him and it was good.

The one thing I realized that’s the issue is that everyone wants to define Gambit so he becomes predictable. Gambit is like drunken boxing. You gotta be unpredictable with Gambit.

Wow, that was a fun blast from the past.

A lot has changed from 2011, but overall I agree with most of what these writers had to say.

Mighty Member

Random thought. What if Taylor Kirsh comes back in a multiverse MCU capacity as a Witness type character

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I wouldn't be opposed. He could pull off the gaunt look pretty well, but I want someone older. Like Scott Glenn if he wasn't already Stick
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed. He could pull off the gaunt look pretty well, but I want someone older. Like Scott Glenn if he wasn't already Stick
    Well in the Fox universe gambit was in the 1970s. He would be at least 75 in a witness role

Mighty Member

Chris Claremont just did a YouTube podcast. Not a huge channel but Claremont got a lot of time to just talk

He does talk about Gambit briefly at the 1:01:03 mark. The question he got was like 5 minutes before but he talked more about Kitty being planned as the core of the future or something. But if you want to hear the whole question gotta go back a few minutes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e0h3KKRjcxw

I just like it for the fact he confirms a few facts of his original plan.

>Gambit is a simulacrum essentially. And the reason he is like he is, is because a 7 year old Sinister imagines him this way.

>Also I like the fact he said the connection between Sinister and Scott is they were at the orphanage together and would protect each other.

>But the fact I like the most is that he confirms Gambit was meant as a better fighter than wolverine hand to hand.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]114209[/ATTACH Wolverine #17 variant cover]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau69 View Post
    It’s so good. I just don’t understand variant covers with characters who don’t show up or have anything to do do with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau69 View Post
    Cool cover. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Chris Claremont just did a YouTube podcast. Not a huge channel but Claremont got a lot of time to just talk

He does talk about Gambit briefly at the 1:01:03 mark. The question he got was like 5 minutes before but he talked more about Kitty being planned as the core of the future or something. But if you want to hear the whole question gotta go back a few minutes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e0h3KKRjcxw

I just like it for the fact he confirms a few facts of his original plan.

>Gambit is a simulacrum essentially. And the reason he is like he is, is because a 7 year old Sinister imagines him this way.

>Also I like the fact he said the connection between Sinister and Scott is they were at the orphanage together and would protect each other.

>But the fact I like the most is that he confirms Gambit was meant as a better fighter than wolverine hand to hand.
    Claremont's Gambit beat Logan twice but twice he used distraction. His Gambit is very skilled but I don't think that he was written as better h2h. That plans would be interesting if executed right.
    Gripstir, thank you for interview.

From that interview it seems that Claremont thinks that he can`t use his original idea (Sinister boy and imagination Gambit) as Origin anymore.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-30-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Claremont's Gambit beat Logan twice but twice he used distraction. His Gambit is very skilled but I don't think that he was written as better h2h. That plans would be interesting if executed right.
    Gripstir, thank you for interview.

From that interview it seems that Claremont thinks that he can`t use his original idea (Sinister boy and imagination Gambit) as Origin anymore.

You're welcome!

Yeah he says at the end when he got fired all his notes got thrown out the window. But writing a comic book is collaborative and if the studio changed the story then that means his original intention is not canon. Intention is the same as a draft. The final product is still a mystery. Gambit is not a clone, at least not in canon.

There's a solo xmen sale on comixology and some gambit is there.

Whats good to get?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    There's a solo xmen sale on comixology and some gambit is there.

Whats good to get?
    Gambit 1999 by Nicieza (25 issues +2 annuals)
    Gambit 2012 by Asmus (17 issues)
    Gambit 1993 by Howard Mackie (4 issues)
    Gambit and The Externals by Nicieza (4 issues AOA)
    X-Men Origins Gambit One-Shot by Carey
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-01-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit 1999 by Nicieza (25 issues +2 annuals)
    Gambit 2012 by Asmus (17 issues)
    Gambit 1993 by Howard Mackie (4 issues)
    Gambit and The Externals by Nicieza (4 issues AOA)
    X-Men Origins Gambit One-Shot by Carey
    Agree with all these.

Also if it’s available the Gambit and Rogue duo limited series

Gambit is in the current Little Marvels Unlimited story but he mostly gets dunked on so far. Anyone know if he's in #1 of Inferno?