Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    We kinda got a glympse of that with charged chains in MMX 12.

LOL! Looks like Remy picked up a few pointers from Dan Ketch ('90s Ghost Rider):

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

The chains/whip is a good idea, but I'm not sure I want Gambit to have an additional weapon or replace either the cards or the staff
    Make Good Art

I think the cards should be kept but as a secondary weapon he uses sparingly. Let him have the whip as his main weapon/tool seems like it’d be more effective esp with his power set. I think it’s time to ditch the trench and bo and why not borrow some elements from Trevor Bellmount even the sterling jacket lol

Gambit don't need another weapon.
    Writers just must remember that his bo can transform into other weapons like in old times.

Remy may have whip, guns, bladesand other weapons but they still won't be used in Excalibur.
    Writers are real problem, not weapons.

To me, the whole point of Gambit's power is that ANYTHING can become a weapon in his hands (or mouth or ....).

So seeing him use a variety of items is part if the fun and something a writer can and should be creative with. We've had everything from chewing gum to a can of beans! Chains are a cool variation too.

But the cards are classic and iconic. He can carry them virtually anywhere. They're small. They're innocuous. They don't set off a metal detector. One pack gives you 52 small grenades you can either slide under a door or play with to pass the time while on a stake out. It sets the character apart from virtually every other character. Why on Earth would you want to make him samey as someone else?

No thanks.

Mighty Member

I’m just thinking a mace like bo. Where a section of his bow detaches and can have a chain along with a heavy end. They also have 3 sectional bostaffs. Lots of ways to use the bo staff in unique ways especially because there’s no lore on how exactly his bow was created. I still have my heart set on vibranium. Because vibranium naturally stores potential energy. So if he stores up enough in his bow he can unleash it naturally to devistate enemies similar to black panthers suit. Just naturally with his powers. Gambit naturally does what Wakandan tech does
    Last edited by Gripstir; 09-09-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

I have that 2nd card. I think there is a second card in the set that I like more but that is still a great card. All the kids would get together and trade em like Pokémon or Yugioh cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I have that 2nd card. I think there is a second card in the set that I like more but that is still a great card. All the kids would get together and trade em like Pokémon or Yugioh cards.
    I have a Fleer but it isnt one of these and I cant find an image of it. The other Gambit cards I have is a Marvel Universe one and of course the Jim Lee one ftom the X-Men series.

Mighty Member

I have a couple more. I actually considered selling them all during the pandemic but I just couldn’t part with them. I doubt my collection is worth much anyway but I just like having them. I remember as a kid when we were all trading there was one card a friend of mine got that I wish I had traded for. It was a Gambit cel card or something. It just had Gambit but the entire card was clear. I genuinely wish I could figure out what card it was because it has bugged me for years that I didnt just trade everything for it. I never knew Gambit would be my go to character later on. I was just into everything at that time.

Here’s a couple of the cards I know I have of Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I have a couple more. I actually considered selling them all during the pandemic but I just couldn’t part with them. I doubt my collection is worth much anyway but I just like having them. I remember as a kid when we were all trading there was one card a friend of mine got that I wish I had traded for. It was a Gambit cel card or something. It just had Gambit but the entire card was clear. I genuinely wish I could figure out what card it was because it has bugged me for years that I didnt just trade everything for it. I never knew Gambit would be my go to character later on. I was just into everything at that time.

Here’s a couple of the cards I know I have of Gambit

Cool. (ten chars.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Cool. (ten chars.)
    Yeah trading cards are how I learned about characters instead of comics. Lol

Cool pics. Do you happen to have artist of the 2nd pic?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

It'll probably never happen but the Wolverine game has me really wanting a Gambit game set in New Orleans. Sony using some of the same mechanics from Spider-Man for Gambit would be perfect.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    It'll probably never happen but the Wolverine game has me really wanting a Gambit game set in New Orleans. Sony using some of the same mechanics from Spider-Man for Gambit would be perfect.
    Yeah. I feel you. I am thinking the same.