Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Do you think that they will break up or not.I like rogue a lot and gambit is fine too.I like romy as well but we know that HFG will have heart breaks and hook ups.I think they are the only couple prominent on krakoa.The other is the jean scott logan emma which I think is in a good place.Probably(and hopefully) not but thoughts?
    I certainly don't like that "break ups" line from the solicits, but considering that they have not even been married three years I doubt they would break them up quite yet. But who knows? This is Marvel after all, and I am sure there are plenty of writers chomping at the bit to break them up. It would be a super bummer and totally unnecessary though. They can be on separate teams and books and still stay married.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I certainly don't like that "break ups" line from the solicits, but considering that they have not even been married three years I doubt they would break them up quite yet. But who knows? This is Marvel after all, and I am sure there are plenty of writers chomping at the bit to break them up. It would be a super bummer and totally unnecessary though. They can be on separate teams and books and still stay married.
    Duggan made reference on twitter not too long ago about a potential story idea that would anger a lot of people. So, it's possible he might break them up in X-Men.

I agree, though. They don't have to be on the same book to be married. It would actually be pretty nice to see Gambit cameo on X-Men every once in a while, but again, who knows if that would even happen
    Make Good Art

Super happy about Rogue making the X-Men, but bummed about Gambit being stuck in Excalibur still. I am actually with you all that would rather be was in limbo than in Excalibur. I am still hoping he will show up in Children of the Atom though. Vita is a fantastic writer and I think they could do wonders for Gambit if he was used there.
    Im not sure he'll still be in Excalibur. Tini has shown no desire to actually want to write him and his ONLY tie there is Rogue. Gambit doesnt even want to be on Excalibur. Keeping him there will feel even more forced without her.

Extraordinary Member

Both duggan and tini don't have any interest in gambit.If this was a dating scenario they would probably break them up but they are married and we have no signs of conflict in exaclibur.Maybe duggan will do something with rogue that makes her break them up.I don't know any other book that will have him right now.And he does not have anything to with excalibur.Hickman also doesn't much care about gambit either so we may get limbo here

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Both duggan and tini don't have any interest in gambit.If this was a dating scenario they would probably break them up but they are married and we have no signs of conflict in exaclibur.Maybe duggan will do something with rogue that makes her break them up.I don't know any other book that will have him right now.And he does not have anything to with excalibur.Hickman also doesn't much care about gambit either so we may get limbo here
    I wouldn't put it past Duggan to break them up, but the point is they don't have to be broken up just because they're on separate teams (or if Gambit just isn't on a team anymore). Rogue got voted onto the X-Men in-universe and Gambit didn't. That's a simple enough explanation without needing to unnecessarily have them divorce so soon after getting married
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Duggan made reference on twitter not too long ago about a potential story idea that would anger a lot of people. So, it's possible he might break them up in X-Men.
    Well that is not good. If they really do break them up after just three years of marriage(and just a matter of months in-universe), I will probably be done with X-Men comics. OMD got me to drop Spider-Man comics and this would probably be the last straw I can take regarding X-Men. That is just way too soon!

Still, I am hoping for the best.

Well that is not good. If they really do break them up after just three years of marriage(and just a matter of months in-universe), I will probably be done with X-Men comics. OMD got me to drop Spider-Man comics and this would probably be the last straw I can take regarding X-Men. That is just way too soon!

Still, I am hoping for the best.
    I feel the exact same way.
    Make Good Art

I feel the exact same way.
    Me too (T^T):

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    He'll probably be in limbo after the Gala. I just can't see any of the current writers wanting to use him.
    Might correct myself. I know that Vita Ayala likes him. So maybe CotA?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too (T^T):

Oh wow! This is a great color job. Even better than the published one.

I want Remy out of Excalibur pronto, if the book even continues.

I think my first question is what books are staying and what books are going. What books might change writer or character line-up? Who will Hickman take on his upcoming book, if anyone. Same for Leah. Ready for those solicits any time now.

My top choice is still a stealth addition onto the X-Men team where he can interact with Laura, Jean, and Polaris in addition to Rogue. Narratively it would make sense for him to tag along. Are they really limiting who can be on "the team"?

Otherwise would love to see Gambit as a pirate on the Marauder using his Guild connections, interacting with Marrow and the Morlocks, saving mutants, stealing back stolen Krakoan goods and selling Krakoan drugs under the radar. Catching up with Bishop.

X-Force ... I can see him there because he's not afraid to get his hands a little dirty and his connections could come in handy. He's also stealthy for tracking down these underground threats and well suited to a more violent book. But I think he'd be against a lot of what is going down there and isn't a cold-blooded killer at heart. That book also operates too much on the grosteque factor for my taste.

X-Factor seems too young for him and is too much of an analysis oriented crime drama.

CotA cameos seem like it should be a no brainers, but the way Vita is approaching the story is feeling less and less like mentorship will play a role in this book and it will not get tons of issues.

This era has just been frustrating as a Gambit fan.

Fantastic Member

gambit-why-the-x-mens-thief-was-age-of-apocalypses-secret-mvp
    https://www.cbr.com/gambit-why-the-x...es-secret-mvp/

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Always nice to see Gambit get some praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Heck yeah! I loved AoA Gambit.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Even though Maraurders also suffers from not properly utilizing its cast, I think Gambit at least would be so much more fun over there going on pirate adventures around the globe
    Always thought a good book would be Gambit and the Marauders where Gambit connected with and eventually led the clones of the original group of Marauders plus the original Sabretooth. You could then do flashbacks of that era and actually flesh out the Marauders more and have them come to terms with what they did.

Story begins with Marrow asking Gambit to help her find all of Sinister's clone shops to destroy the Marauders once and for all and to help her. Instead Marrow and Gambit end up using the Marauders to help them try and kill Sinister and stop Sinister or any of the Marauders from being able to be created by Krakoa (haven't been following the books so don't know how that works). So Gambit and Marrow end up leading the Marauders in a conflict to take down Sinister.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-22-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I agree, though. They don't have to be on the same book to be married. It would actually be pretty nice to see Gambit cameo on X-Men every once in a while, but again, who knows if that would even happen
    More likely he just has Rogue cheat on Gambit and then Gambit will be written like a chump who just accepts it ala the whole Make Carey storyline where Gambit pushed Rogue onto Mags so she could bang him and get it out of her system. More than likely it would be written as Gambit's fault Rogue cheated.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.