Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 122
  1. #61
    Mighty Member psylurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    I'd be very down for Steve Skroce to pen new Gambit stories. His original run was excellent but his more recent stuff is just insanely good, it's amazing how much he has grown as an artist.

    I like Nicieza but I'd probably be happier with some new blood writing the Cajun... although it seems to be hard these days to find a talented writer who's willing to do that :/

  2. #62
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'd be very down for Steve Skroce to pen new Gambit stories. His original run was excellent but his more recent stuff is just insanely good, it's amazing how much he has grown as an artist.

    I like Nicieza but I'd probably be happier with some new blood writing the Cajun... although it seems to be hard these days to find a talented writer who's willing to do that :/
    Totally agree. Skroce (who it's well documented was co-plotting the book while he was on it) was the magic ingredient, as evidenced by the fact that the book became a total slog the moment he left!
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

  3. #63
    Incredible Member rhaenylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    544

    Default

    I hope the short focus on Gambit in the X-Men Legends trailer isn't insignificant

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    I just saw that. What the heck, that was random. Only possible explanation:

    Marvel Offices:

    Marvel marketing intern: Sir, the pre-order sales on X-men legends, the long awaited reveal of Adam x as the third, er, wait, fourth summers brothers, haven’t been up to projections.

    Marketing manager: Really? That can’t be right, Hickman loved the idea, said it would play into his Shi ‘ar story. He’s never wrong!

    (Rest of the office) All praise the Hick-man!

    Marketing manager: yes, all praise the hick-man! Hmm...let’s throw gambit variant cover in there. They must be working or I don’t know why we keep doing them.

    Intern: there’s no time for a variant, sir

    Editor: Drat, ok, throw a gambit pic into one of those weird, clunky animated ‘trailers’ we keep making. That should be good enough.

  5. #65
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    193

    Default

    No, no it was obvious.

    Gambit is seen just after it says "After decades of clues and conspiracies" And we also see Adam X.

    It is used to express that Gambit was one time hinted to be the third summers brother. Nothing more. Just like Adam X.

  6. #66
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,580

    Default

    Fabian confirmed that Gambit is not in it so don`t worry.

  7. #67
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The White City
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Ah, so once again Gambit is being used to generate hype/sales without giving him any significant story. Cool.
    Make Good Art

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Marvel marketing strikes again...

  9. #69
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    No, no it was obvious.

    Gambit is seen just after it says "After decades of clues and conspiracies" And we also see Adam X.

    It is used to express that Gambit was one time hinted to be the third summers brother. Nothing more. Just like Adam X.
    Was it ever hinted that Gambit was the third Summers brother in the actual comics? Or was it all just extra textual fan/ creator theories?
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Was it ever hinted that Gambit was the third Summers brother in the actual comics? Or was it all just extra textual fan/ creator theories?
    At least from the Twitter discussion recently, the recollection is that it was a theory amongst fans and pushed by the comic zines, but never a plan by writers at the time.

    The fact Claremont brought it in as a partial truth later is just icing on the cake.

  11. #71
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    452

    Default

    All-New X-Men (2015-)-030.jpg

    From All-New X-men monsters unleashed. By Jeremy Whitely.

    Not a perfect issue but the clear highlight is Remy and Lauras relationship. Jeremy wisely moves it into a new phase. I like to read it and remind myself that there are writers out there that get Remy. It's just Marvel that don't hire them.

  12. #72
    Incredible Member kevinism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Was it ever hinted that Gambit was the third Summers brother in the actual comics? Or was it all just extra textual fan/ creator theories?
    In X-men The End Sinister states he created Gambit from Cyclops DNA, hence the eyes.

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The White City
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    All-New X-Men (2015-)-030.jpg

    From All-New X-men monsters unleashed. By Jeremy Whitely.

    Not a perfect issue but the clear highlight is Remy and Lauras relationship. Jeremy wisely moves it into a new phase. I like to read it and remind myself that there are writers out there that get Remy. It's just Marvel that don't hire them.
    God, I love this. Hope we get to see them interact again soon
    Make Good Art

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member AppleJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    All-New X-Men (2015-)-030.jpg

    From All-New X-men monsters unleashed. By Jeremy Whitely.

    Not a perfect issue but the clear highlight is Remy and Lauras relationship. Jeremy wisely moves it into a new phase. I like to read it and remind myself that there are writers out there that get Remy. It's just Marvel that don't hire them.
    God I miss this. And also the fact Gambit, Gabby, Jubilee, and Logan are so chill about her being trapped in the Vault? Like NO mention at all anywhere that any character cares?! This era is really lacking for me in these interpersonal connections.

  15. #75

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •