Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Fingers crossed Knights isn't written by TH (assuming that's Gambit's book)
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Fingers crossed Knights isn't written by TH (assuming that's Gambit's book)
    Yeah. If Howard will continue to write Gambit than I will leave Marvel books.

It seems new Leah Williams X book will have magic stuff in it so we still can hope.

I would be willing to give Leah a chance. I enjoyed the 2 panels she wrote with Gambit and Rogue last week than anything I've read in Excalibur
    Make Good Art

Her X-Factor was fine and not a secret solo. I just didn't care enough about any X-Factor character to continue read it.

Williams makes better use of her cast, everyone has a role and sees development. She’d already started incorporating magic with Siryn, Shatterstar, Eyeboy (whatever that hand-sign thing he was doing looked like magic), and now Wanda. And Amazing Baby is from Otherworld, so count Rachel in. It would make sense for Williams to take over the magic book. I don’t care for mutant magic but I might suck it up as long as Gambit is not written like a dumbass. The two panels were cute, but they got to start balancing out Remy the Himbo with actual cleverness and charm. There’s just so many magic mutants now tho, Betsy, Ric, possibly Bei, and, well, Magik. The cast would be ginormous.

Edit: oh yeah, and Maddie Pryor! Too many magic muties!

Emma is in a diaper. Daken got clubbed with the ugly stick. Iceman has balls on his mind.
    Last edited by NicoPony; 12-06-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    2nd row Gambit is best row Gambit. Close enough to the front to be main, back enough where he can be closer to middle of the page and one of the first ones you see.

Outfit change is all I need

Bleedingcool:

Today I have received a number of links to the Brazilian X-Men website UniversoXMen.com. Which claims that Leah Williams has announced that her next X-Men comic book to follow Trial Of Magneto will be about "Magic, X-Files and Lesbians". I'm sorry but that's just not true.

listened, most entertainingly to the most recent House Of X – An X-Men Podcast cited in the article which does feature Leah Williams, and she did mention her next Marvel project as something she can't yet talk about but "it is my dream book, after finishing Trial Of Magneto, and I'm so excited about it." Maybe it's one of these, maybe not.

It was her upcoming creator-owned Oni Press book r(ender) that she described as "Magic, X-Files and Lesbians" – and has been doing so since it was first announced in 2018.

If Howard continues writing Gambit I can’t see myself reading that. It would be a very grim sentence for fan activity. A book like Excalibur just sucks the life out of any activity and engagement. There are only so many times you can discuss him doing nothing.

If comic Gambit stays with Howard I can only hope we get some activity on either the animated show or any series/movie set in the MCU. Anything to keep up interest in the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    If Howard continues writing Gambit I can’t see myself reading that. It would be a very grim sentence for fan activity. A book like Excalibur just sucks the life out of any activity and engagement. There are only so many times you can discuss him doing nothing.
    word.

i tried talking myself into a magic book by williams, but a continuation of more of the same from howard - after we've just had two and a half YEARS of Betsy Braddock and the Quest for the Horny Girlfriend - I can't take it.

there is worse than nothing - having to discuss Gambit scooping litter boxes, cooking eggs, or getting humiliated repeatedly (fall in a hole/try to punch apocalypse/pickpocketed by old lady/IQ of a turnip/catmaid-drag). <-- i mean, this looks like sarcasm, until you realize it's the sad truth. if it's a continuation of Excalibur by Howard, i am wholeheartedly convinced its the x-office just trolling gambit fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    word.

i tried talking myself into a magic book by williams, but a continuation of more of the same from howard - after we've just had two and a half YEARS of Betsy Braddock and the Quest for the Horny Girlfriend - I can't take it.

there is worse than nothing - having to discuss Gambit scooping litter boxes, cooking eggs, or getting humiliated repeatedly (fall in a hole/try to punch apocalypse/pickpocketed by old lady/IQ of a turnip/catmaid-drag). <-- i mean, this looks like sarcasm, until you realize it's the sad truth. if it's a continuation of Excalibur by Howard, i am wholeheartedly convinced its the x-office just trolling gambit fans.
    Yeah. It's easy to speculate why they are doing this with Gambit. The thought that they are trolling us have come to mind for me several times. One thing is for certain and that is that whatever the reason they don't seem to care about us Gambit fans. Something I'm sure is true for other fans also. There is a difference that is important to point out. Sometimes they are trying to do stuff and it's just horribly missguided. Sometimes it's more "well no one cares about that character anyway". Fans of populuar characters might feel that their fav isn't beign treated right. And they might be right. With Gambit their seems to be a certain level of disdain from some people at Marvel. They know he sells. It's just that they don't care beyond that. The message is we should be glad they are using him and not doing anything worse. He's not back to horseman-without-reason again.

I have several characters I like with the X-men. Most of them if not all. Many of them are just waiting for a writer to remind me why I like them. Gambit is special. Even during bad times my intersest haven't waned or waived. With more HOward I will probably go dormant. Hopefully they are doing something intersting with Laura or Rogue. If not I will read other companies or not. Either way I will be fine.

i would give my eyeteeth to have my only complaint be about a GREEN DRESS. my god, these other fans don't know how good they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    2nd row Gambit is best row Gambit. Close enough to the front to be main, back enough where he can be closer to middle of the page and one of the first ones you see.

Outfit change is all I need
    I agree with this assessment. I always liked him being the cool character in the periphery
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Just for more confirmation Mikey Sutton from Geekosity did quickly mention Gambit Disney+ show when talking about a Longshot Mojoverse thing. He mentioned they want to do stories on Disney+ that they aren’t sure about on the big screen. They want shows with unique tones and perspectives. Gambit they want to do a modern western.

If I’m being honest, I’d say do it on Hulu and make it R rated like they did with Hit Monkey. But probably won’t

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah. If Howard will continue to write Gambit than I will leave Marvel books.

It seems new Leah Williams X book will have magic stuff in it so we still can hope.
    Does Leah Williams like Gambit as a character? You seem upbeat if she gets him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Just for more confirmation Mikey Sutton from Geekosity did quickly mention Gambit Disney+ show when talking about a Longshot Mojoverse thing. He mentioned they want to do stories on Disney+ that they aren’t sure about on the big screen. They want shows with unique tones and perspectives. Gambit they want to do a modern western.

If I’m being honest, I’d say do it on Hulu and make it R rated like they did with Hit Monkey. But probably won’t
    I hope this pans out for sure. But I have to ask would you prefer a TV series or a movie?