Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Just a golden moment from a bad book.

Genuinely thought this was a still from a computer RPG game or something. The art is really unique. Who is the artist and the book name? Really impressed with the depth of field in this where Gambit looks like a different layer in the panel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    If i recall right they never showed what Gambit did after the Mutant Massacre and before he encountered de-aged Storm (his first published appearance) and ended up joining the X-men.

So there is actualy room for a story in which Sinister has him captured while still heavily wounded, patch him up, give him a "i'm not sorry" rant for why he had the Morlocks "exterminated" and then try to force Remy into yet another deal (using him trying to stop the Marauders as excuse for example) focused on sabotaging the X-men.

So there is allready room for when they could have encountered each other again before his first official appearance.

The question is, if X-men Legends will survive that long for such a story to be told, what with it's sales.
    Yeah I don't think it was ever said what he was doing, I either want him to just be a theif or have Gambit do even worse stuff during his second time with Sinister. The Morlock massacre just doesn't feel like an evil act that should haunt Remy for so long. While it's definitely something awful he clearly did everything he could to stop the slaughter when he realized. So he either needs to go more dark or just have no further interactions

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Genuinely thought this was a still from a computer RPG game or something. The art is really unique. Who is the artist and the book name? Really impressed with the depth of field in this where Gambit looks like a different layer in the panel.
    Astonishing X-Men, art by Deodato... don't waste your time if you're in it for Gambit

Just watched Reynolds new movie Free Guy. I liked it.
    Tatum has kinda big cameo in it that was the most hilarious part of movie.

Interesting that Free Guy director is rumored to direct Deadpool 3.

In an interview with Inverse, Shawn Levy does his best to avoid commenting on the rumors that he could team up with Reynolds again for Deadpool 3.

“I'm going to mostly skirt that question,” Levy says, “which might be an answer."

So, no high hopes but I would love Tatum as Gambit in Deadpool 3, even as Variant Gambit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Astonishing X-Men, art by Deodato... don't waste your time if you're in it for Gambit
    Ah thank you. I never got around to reading Astonishing…in fact I haven’t fully read up on Uncanny or X-men either. Most of my Gambit knowledge comes from minis or solo series and just random knowledge picked up around the fandom. I might check out a little bit because I often like things others don’t. But I definitely want to check out more of that specific artist Deodato. On other books or whatever

Mighty Member

Just watched Reynolds new movie Free Guy. I liked it.
    Tatum has kinda big cameo in it that was the most hilarious part of movie.

Interesting that Free Guy director is rumored to direct Deadpool 3.

In an interview with Inverse, Shawn Levy does his best to avoid commenting on the rumors that he could team up with Reynolds again for Deadpool 3.

“I'm going to mostly skirt that question,” Levy says, “which might be an answer."

So, no high hopes but I would love Tatum as Gambit in Deadpool 3, even as Variant Gambit.
    It’s interesting because around the internet I just randomly start hearing things about who could be in Deadpool 3 and I find it kinda weird how Gambit keeps popping up along with Wolverine. Out of all the MCU movies I think Deadpool would be my choice as well. Makes me feel there might be something happening, but maybe it’s just the general hivemind

Ah thank you. I never got around to reading Astonishing…in fact I haven’t fully read up on Uncanny or X-men either. Most of my Gambit knowledge comes from minis or solo series and just random knowledge picked up around the fandom. I might check out a little bit because I often like things others don’t. But I definitely want to check out more of that specific artist Deodato. On other books or whatever
    I gave up on that astonishing run halfway. It became a stealth solo if I remember correctly.

Many things we abhore here might be enjoyed other places. Like Peter Milligans run on X-men. It's considered by many a low water mark for Gambit(and others). Still I did a search of reviews on it and even dedicated Gambit fans liked things that I haven't seen other fans ever commment. So even if some works here are red flagged to be avoided it doesn't mean that all agree. I'm certain that over the years we have formed some sort of opinion conformity. Either by having posters who disagree not mentioning it or stop posting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I gave up on that astonishing run halfway. It became a stealth solo if I remember correctly.

Many things we abhore here might be enjoyed other places. Like Peter Milligans run on X-men. It's considered by many a low water mark for Gambit(and others). Still I did a search of reviews on it and even dedicated Gambit fans liked things that I haven't seen other fans ever commment. So even if some works here are red flagged to be avoided it doesn't mean that all agree. I'm certain that over the years we have formed some sort of opinion conformity. Either by having posters who disagree not mentioning it or stop posting.

Yep I totally get that happened with me with reaction channels to a lot of shows. I love things on my own then I watch other people to see their feelings and I notice sometimes it can influence my opinion without my realizing.

I’m definitely someone who likes weird stuff over the more nuisance emotional stuff so I tend to gravitate towards bizarre stuff as my favorite. Who knows maybe astonishing ends up being my favorite, you never know lol

It’s interesting because around the internet I just randomly start hearing things about who could be in Deadpool 3 and I find it kinda weird how Gambit keeps popping up along with Wolverine. Out of all the MCU movies I think Deadpool would be my choice as well. Makes me feel there might be something happening, but maybe it’s just the general hivemind
    D3 probably starts shooting next year so we will have more news soon. Don't have high hopes but Spider-Man 3 trailer, Loki and Multiverse of Madness opens a lot of possibilities.

Would love Gambit to be introduced in DP3. I'm very curious in the direction and tone that franchise will be taken.. really, what Reynolds is able to get away with.

https://twitter.com/ClassicXbooks/st...743316995?s=19

Claremont's Gambit project appears to have a #4.

Seems to say "Open on riverboat ..."?

Really curious if this will add something meaningful to his backstory.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 08-29-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Mighty Member

My two most wanted scenarios are either in DP3 or have an intro like X-men evolution with a Group of bad guys working for a big bad

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Link is not working Can you update it, please?
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-29-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

I always love a good riverboat scene!
    Make Good Art

Link is not working Can you update it, please?
    the tweet was deleted
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer