Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! One of the few blemishes in an otherwise X-cellent production.

Yeah I did enjoy him in EVO quite a bit despite that terrible design. In no world should Cyclops be better looking than Gambit though! LOL

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! One of the few blemishes in an otherwise X-cellent production.

You know when Gambit trended on Twitter (in the sports category no less.) it got me feeling a little Remy sick and I decided I wanted to watch some Gambit stuff. But I didn’t watch the original cartoon. I went and watched him in X-men Evolution. Even though I don’t like the voice actor I still say it’s my favorite animated remy

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    You know when Gambit trended on Twitter (in the sports category no less.) it got me feeling a little Remy sick and I decided I wanted to watch some Gambit stuff. But I didn’t watch the original cartoon. I went and watched him in X-men Evolution. Even though I don’t like the voice actor I still say it’s my favorite animated remy
    He really is the best animated Remy. I don’t care about the hair. He transcends the bowl cut. Aw, who cares, I love him in all forms. I even like the Ultimate hair.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    It was pretty good, for the few episodes we got. Even when he didn’t have any lines, they did a good job of capturing his character.

Honestly, I’m partial to WatXM. I like how much of a bastard he is in those. It would have been cool to see him grow and become an X-Man.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    It was pretty good, for the few episodes we got. Even when he didn’t have any lines, they did a good job of capturing his character.

Honestly, I’m partial to WatXM. I like how much of a bastard he is in those. It would have been cool to see him grow and become an X-Man.
    Never watched either Evo or WatXM.

I remember that when I was younger I was more sensitive to characters being rude, crass or mean spirited. Now I'm much more open to it.

I think part of it is of course that I'm older. Another part is that over the years all of the x-men characters have been assholes towards each other. If Gambit would say something that upset say... Betsy, I would just remember when she treated him badly.

The difference of course being characters that are friends with defined relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Never watched either Evo or WatXM.

I remember that when I was younger I was more sensitive to characters being rude, crass or mean spirited. Now I'm much more open to it.

I think part of it is of course that I'm older. Another part is that over the years all of the x-men characters have been assholes towards each other. If Gambit would say something that upset say... Betsy, I would just remember when she treated him badly.

The difference of course being characters that are friends with defined relationships.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I loved Spider-Man as a kid because he was just a good dude. But I don't really read anything with him anymore because I think he can be kind of boring, whereas I still like that Gambit has an edge to him and can be an ******* or be really sweet.
    Make Good Art

Meet the all-new, all-different X-Gwens! Хрест Gwen Stacy pays homage to your favorite mutants on new X-Gwen Variant Covers this February:

Good for the artists for getting work but variants are getting out of hand.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    What makes you think either scenario will happen?
    Have you not been following Marvel's treatment of Gambit these past few years?
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

Good for the artists for getting work but variants are getting out of hand.
    Marvel Comics' management seems unable to perform the necessary fundamental changes to their marketing, publishing and pricing which would be necessary to pull their product out of a niche existance and back into wider audience distribution and consumption, while they allow mediocre to bad writing to become their standard, that they seemingly turn to the only "easy" methods to increase their weakening or constantly low sale numbers instead, with variant covers being one of these.

However this just increases the inflation of their problems, by draining one of the few still working sales increasing gimicks, which harms and diminishes their value and sales effect long term.

Also even if it's good for the artist of these variants short term, what would be worthwile for them in the long run would be covers of comics that sell in large numbers or get frequent reprints.

I remember some were confused when he was presented as shady and double crossing in WATXM, but it makes sense as starting point for him, given that when he was introduced in the comics he was also a sort of untrustworthy allie (if i recall the original plan for him was that he was a figment of a boy's imagination like Mister Sinister, representing his idealized "cool guy") and only developed into the rogueish charmer over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I remember some were confused when he was presented as shady and double crossing in WATXM, but it makes sense as starting point for him, given that when he was introduced in the comics he was also a sort of untrustworthy allie (if i recall the original plan for him was that he was a figment of a boy's imagination like Mister Sinister, representing his idealized "cool guy") and only developed into the rogueish charmer over time.
    Yup, I thought so too. Even Evolution introduced him as a "bad" guy at first, which I thought was a cool way of doing it. It gave him more room for some development
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Have you not been following Marvel's treatment of Gambit these past few years?
    I get your pessimism--I'm currently very cautiously optimistic about the new show--but I don't see them doing that to one of the most popular characters, not so early on anyway.

And I also don't see, as someone else mentioned, him starting out by returning from Antarctica; I think if they do decide to adapt the Trial story (*siiigh*), it'll be built up first.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    I get your pessimism--I'm currently very cautiously optimistic about the new show--but I don't see them doing that to one of the most popular characters, not so early on anyway.

And I also don't see, as someone else mentioned, him starting out by returning from Antarctica; I think if they do decide to adapt the Trial story (*siiigh*), it'll be built up first.
    OOOOH my friend has a great idea of adapting parts of that though antarctica isnt involved. But I love her twist on Gambit's trial and how it winds up becoming something THE XMEN wind up regretting and it becomes a major (narrative changing) positive for Gambit. however i will ask a few questions in a sec on Gambit...

Default What are the best comics on gambit's story?

Thanksgiving is my group's BIG announcement and ill share that announcement here on CBR. its the fan collab Marvel anime series. the promo poster is fantastic, i love the new design twists on the avengers and xmen most importantly its something for ALL marvel fans to participate in!

since im in Gambit's thread lets talk a bit about Gambit. luckily the producer of this multiverse of series IS a major Gambit fan and has come up with prolly THE best character arc ive seen FOR this character. she RLY explores the true potential of his pwrs, explores the complexity of his character i think very well and in a very unexpected unorthodox way yet it RLY feels like this is still our heavy smoking Ragin Cajun, tricky thief with a heart of gold type character. another thing im glad for is her exploring the Guild, their underground culture and such. IN FACT she added 4 additional very intriguing clans that run the underworld alongside the Thieves and Assassins and in more ways than one.

all that said (and i know ive been talking about this ghost project for a yr now but its finally being announced for thanxgiving), id like to know what are GOOD comic reads FOR Gambit...

1. What comic/run is good showcasing his pwrs?

2. What comic/run does best exploring his backstory?

3. What comic/run do FANS love most for Gambit?

4. doesnt matter which relationship, but which comics are best in exploring his relationships and friendships?

see im know him from more the cartoons and a few games but not so much from comics. i know this will become open for fan suggestions and collab but for her development of his base narrative i personally wanna know more of his character so i can better assess the ideas she has

Fantastic Member

1) power: a)when he bomb Captain America clothes.
    B) bomb Daken arm.
    C) bomb the Shield helicarrier.
    2) heart of thieves x-men 33
    3) his time with X-men.esp. 90s when he is strategic and mysterious type.
    4) his Laura connection.
    I think Gambit also connect with Laura because they both has 'clone" backstory.