Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Yu is making a cover.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Rad, I enjoy his style usually, especially his X-stuff
    Make Good Art

Storm with Gambit, Gentle and Rogue are teased in things to come in Black Panther new solo.

Solicits and covers for BP #3 on January.

BLACK PANTHER #3

CELEBRATING THE 200TH ISSUE OF BLACK PANTHER AS T'CHALLA FACES OFF AGAINST THE X-MEN OF MARS!
    With assassins closing in and Wakanda's faith in him shaken, T'Challa goes to visit Storm on the newly terraformed Mars. But this will not be a happy reunion as T'Challa has ulterior motives for his visit.

Last edited by Purplevit; 11-24-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Nice, I remember when that cover came out there was speculation if he would even show up in the comic. Guess we have our answer (although I doubt he'll do anything)
    Make Good Art

All X line is delayed for a long time and Inferno should have being a summer 2021 event.
    Maybe new x books were supposed to start even before Black Panther solo and it is actually teases a new team with Storm, Gambit, Gentle, Rogue, etc?

I don't want to get excited too much because I am still afraid that he may end up in Howard's relaunched excalibur or in any new book by her.

It is just cool to finally see Remy again in some teasers.

Mighty Member

Please all I want is them to acknowledge how Gambit’s supercharged kinetic powers react against vibranium. I hope it happens here

And it’s great seeing Gambit in panels without the Excalibur crew who he had very little chemistry with in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    who he had very little chemistry with in the book.
    Which is crazy, considering he'd been on a team with 2 of them (not counting Rogue) in the past
    Make Good Art

Please all I want is them to acknowledge how Gambit’s supercharged kinetic powers react against vibranium. I hope it happens here

And it’s great seeing Gambit in panels without the Excalibur crew who he had very little chemistry with in the book.
    It was kinda shown in Gambit fight with Cap and in Gambit 16.

Or what you want them to acknowledge?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Which is crazy, considering he'd been on a team with 2 of them (not counting Rogue) in the past
    Even crazier that part of his whole personality is being able to build chemistry with people

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It was kinda shown in Gambit fight with Cap and in Gambit 16.

Or what you want them to acknowledge?
    Well specifically vs Cap America he charges the shield and there’s an explosion. but the shield did not take any damage. I want to know if he can simply turn the metal into a bomb or can he actually damage the metal. Or will vibranium just absorb his supercharge and render his power ineffective against the actual metal. It’s a question I still haven’t found the answer to even with studying the real life physics of this stuff. I want more details on it

How I understand he can charge vibranium and it will release explosion but metal won't be destroyed.
    That happened with shield and this is probably the reason why he didn't charge vibranium chains in Gambit 16 and needed to charge the floor to which they are attached.

Those look awesome! Dare we dream? Ugh, it's hard to allow myself to be hopeful or excited after these last two years he's been wasted.

Mighty Member

How I understand he can charge vibranium and it will release explosion but metal won't be destroyed.
    That happened with shield and this is probably the reason why he didn't charge vibranium chains in Gambit 16 and needed to charge the floor to which they are attached.
    See that was along my thinking but even vibranium can break, it’s not indestructible like adamantium. Even if it does negate gambits powers, which I’m not fully convinced it would or it’s just Asmus writing it that way. Maybe it would take full power Gambit but I’m definitely believing Gambit scientifically speaking would supercharge the vibranium potential energy. Supercharge is the word that makes me think it should do damage. I’m speaking more from my physics studying more than the canon material though. So that’s why I’m still a disbeliever in the way it’s been portrayed so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    1) power: a)when he bomb Captain America clothes.
    B) bomb Daken arm.
    C) bomb the Shield helicarrier.
    2) heart of thieves x-men 33
    3) his time with X-men.esp. 90s when he is strategic and mysterious type.
    4) his Laura connection.
    I think Gambit also connect with Laura because they both has 'clone" backstory.
    thanks a lot for this info. Someone else gave a great list of comics and comic runs featuring Gambit at his best, which I'll also pass to the producer. her ideas honestly surpasses any upgrade ive ever seen for a hero. while Gambit is taken to very new grounds and lengths i DO wanna make sure that these new adventures and exploration of his powers, the integrity of his character is maintained (which so far everything REALLY seems to refine and enhance what he already has which is good). also keep in mind too that this is described as an "open series" project so its open for fans to come brainstorm share ideas of your own to get animated.

tomorrow is the big announcment and i'll share it here for sure

See that was along my thinking but even vibranium can break, it’s not indestructible like adamantium. Even if it does negate gambits powers, which I’m not fully convinced it would or it’s just Asmus writing it that way. Maybe it would take full power Gambit but I’m definitely believing Gambit scientifically speaking would supercharge the vibranium potential energy. Supercharge is the word that makes me think it should do damage. I’m speaking more from my physics studying more than the canon material though. So that’s why I’m still a disbeliever in the way it’s been portrayed so far
    It could happen in Gambit book or even if Gambit was a guest star of BP book.
    It is BP solo book and Gambit is there to support Storm at best.
    Don't get high hopes for it. I would be glad if Gambit just didn't get his ass kicked in it.

In recent Shang-Chi solo issue he fights Thor, lol.
    Current Marvel books are a lot like fanfic.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 11-25-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Mighty Member

It could happen in Gambit book or even if Gambit was a guest star of BP book.
    It is BP solo book and Gambit is there to support Storm at best.
    Don't get high hopes for it. I would be glad if Gambit just didn't get his ass kicked in it.

In recent Shang-Chi solo issue he fights Thor, lol.
    Current Marvel books are a lot like fanfic.
    Yeah most of the writers state how much they loved the old comics. Its why it’s important to find diversity of talent, especially those who haven’t really read the old stuff but are good enough to improve on the mythology.

I kinda just want to see Gambit as a equal to others on the team again. While I love his mentor ship role I’m kinda ready for just Gambit just being the focus