Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Huh, I had not heard this but that's interesting. I wish we knew more details on this. If they'd been casting, then they probably had a script or at least a plot
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Huh, I had not heard this but that's interesting. I wish we knew more details on this. If they'd been casting, then they probably had a script or at least a plot
    Yes they did have a script…well kinda. There’s been scripts for years before. They kept rewriting it and there’s been tons of script versions. They do sometimes cast before getting a full script. So we don’t know if it was like ready to be shot or they were just getting some people ready for when it would be shot. But obviously the Disney merger messed it all up

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Yes they did have a script…well kinda. There’s been scripts for years before. They kept rewriting it and there’s been tons of script versions. They do sometimes cast before getting a full script. So we don’t know if it was like ready to be shot or they were just getting some people ready for when it would be shot. But obviously the Disney merger messed it all up
    I read a few pages back when they leaked on 4Chan. They were just like the Reddit leaks, the Mr. Sinister stuff was what interested me but those pages were about him and Bella Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Dead Gambit on teaser is better then no Gambit, I guess.
    I was expecting him not to show up. Even if it is just to die it’s something at least. Considering the other dead are big names it seems unlikely they will stay dead for a long period. Well gambit could but then again that risk is always there.

Will be fun if this actually means we will see Jonathan write Gambit. Also something I wasn’t expecting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I read a few pages back when they leaked on 4Chan. They were just like the Reddit leaks, the Mr. Sinister stuff was what interested me but those pages were about him and Bella Donna.
    I managed to read a version of the script but that was way long ago and there’s no way that version was the final version.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I was expecting him not to show up. Even if it is just to die it’s something at least. Considering the other dead are big names it seems unlikely they will stay dead for a long period. Well gambit could but then again that risk is always there.

Will be fun if this actually means we will see Jonathan write Gambit. Also something I wasn’t expecting.
    Feel the same about it. Suprised that he is on promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Hey guys. Came across this article. Lil Rey Howery was apparently cast in the cancelled Gambit movie. My best guess is he was cast as Gambit’s adopted brother Henry

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/new...il-rey-howery/
    Great article and very interesting. I was able to read a copy of the purported script before and I really liked it for the most part. Hopefully it's still floating in the ether and gets into MCU's hands. It needs a little tweaking IMO, but would be a lot of fun.

And I'm also of the mind that Gambit appearing on the Mark Brooks promo art is a positive for him. You have Jean, Polaris, and Wolverine on the ground too and they are all VERY popular characters as well. Hopefully this means he gets some attention and has a role to play in this next act. Not like death means much right now anyway.

Just realizing that its such a waste not having Gambit in Hellions. He's just wasting away in Excalibur with nothing to do.

Gambit/Kwannon

Gambit/Sinister

Gambit/Havok

Those three interactions would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Just realizing that its such a waste not having Gambit in Hellions. He's just wasting away in Excalibur with nothing to do.

Gambit/Kwannon

Gambit/Sinister

Gambit/Havok

Remy and Greycow are friends. If writer wanted Gambit to appear in Hellions then he would already be there.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-05-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Gambit/Kwannon

Gambit/Sinister

Gambit/Havok

I wouldn't mind Gambit being in it in the same capacity as Kwannon, as in keeping an eye on the Hellions, but I would not want him to become one of the problem mutants(I feel sorry for Havok fans).

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I wouldn't mind Gambit being in it in the same capacity as Kwannon, as in keeping an eye on the Hellions, but I would not want him to become one of the problem mutants(I feel sorry for Havok fans).
    THIS. It's been a really fun book though.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I think Havok became a problem mutant even in Uncanny Avengers and later in Astonishing. It didn't fell like out of nowhere for him.

The same can be told about Gambit's wallpaper status with Legacy, Astonishing, most RED issues and now Excalibur.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-05-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Fantastic Member

Remy and Greycow are friends. If writer wanted Gambit to appear in Hellions then he would already be there.
    Gambit first appearance i think is with Storm and their enemy are Nanny and Orphanmaker.

I think Havok became a problem mutant even in Uncanny Avengers and later in Astonishing. It didn't fell like out of nowhere for him.

The same can be told about Gambit's wallpaper status with Legacy, Astonishing, most RED issues and now Excalibur.
    To be fair, Alex seems to really lean into his nature of making rash decisions. Plus he was inverted during X-Men: Blue for a bit. I did get a kick out of his lovable losers group during Rosenburg's Astonishing though.

I dunno. I don't mind a character that makes an occasional bad choice. Sometimes bad choices are the only choices available to your character and that does liven up the plot significantly.

Gambit trained in the danger room and went on missions with Kwannon during her brief time with the X-Men. Wild Child and Empath are the only characters that he doesn't have history with. Gambit with the Hellions is a no brainer but Hellions and Excalibur will probably both be cancelled before that can happen.