Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Lol, at some power grids. Strength as 1 = may be defeated by Aunt May

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I love them, as well.

No matter how inconsistent the data/stats were, the artwork & novelty of comic book characters on trading cards more than made up for it (IMHO):

I always love the descriptions of the characters too. It's interesting to see what information gets included in such short blurbs.
    Make Good Art

Can’t wait for the divorce. I’m sure it’ll be coming after this issue of Excalibur.

Attachment 110335

Definitely love how Dauterman draws Gambit. That stubble alone is great
    Make Good Art

With Rogue leaving for the X-men, Gambit staying in Excalibur makes ZERO sense and nothing in the books today did anything to change my opinion. He doesnt even like being there and she was the only reason why he even got involved. WTF?!?!? He'd be better off as a free agent making the occasional guest appearance in other titles

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Can’t wait for the divorce. I’m sure it’ll be coming after this issue of Excalibur.
    What possibly led to that conclusion from today’s issue lol

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    What possibly led to that conclusion from today’s issue lol
    Considering marvels history of short marriages the speculation started right after the wedding. Then we got Mr&Mrs X. After that Marvel seems to have no real plan with them.

Now with the split between titles and Gambits speech we have no plausible reason why a newlywed couple are living in different places. Overall the future seems to have no plans for them as a couple.

Ultimate Member

Well Gambit could show up in more than one book or his time in Excalibur could be short, there's plenty of ways to keep them together, and for all that we know maybe they split the difference between the locations for the two teams and live somewhere in the middle or something like that...

I absolutely love this Gambit from Bruno Abdias.

IMG_20210610_081328.jpg

We’ve had 20 issues of Betsy and Rictor being the star of the show in Excalibur and have they really benefitted from it? It’s probably a good thing G has been wallpaper. The only “plans” the current author has had for Gambit in 2 years is to have him fall in a hole, cook eggs, and take care of his cats. I’m hopeful that the somewhat cryptic remark of him having “plans” is that he will be under someone else’s pen, someone who actually has plans for him. (Leah needs something to do when the Trial of Magneto is over.) Shatterstar, Meggan, and Rachael can all go to Excalibur. Gambit can escape.

They’re not divorcing. They are living up to their vows.
    Gambit: I love your forever and will endlessly try to be worthy of your love.
    Rogue: I love that you love me and I’ll get back to you sometime, eventually.
    And they both lived happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Wow, blast from the past! I really appreciate that Gambit has shades here. That really makes a ton of sense for him when trying to be incognito in a crowd of regular humans. It always baffles me when writers forget that Remy can't completely pass for human.
    I know, right?! Those peepers simply can't be considered "low-profile" (LOL!):

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-10-2021 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I absolutely love this Gambit from Bruno Abdias.

IMG_20210610_081328.jpg
    So good. That checks just about every box I can think of for "Gambit"

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    We’ve had 20 issues of Betsy and Rictor being the star of the show in Excalibur and have they really benefitted from it? It’s probably a good thing G has been wallpaper. The only “plans” the current author has had for Gambit in 2 years is to have him fall in a hole, cook eggs, and take care of his cats. I’m hopeful that the somewhat cryptic remark of him having “plans” is that he will be under someone else’s pen, someone who actually has plans for him. (Leah needs something to do when the Trial of Magneto is over.) Shatterstar, Meggan, and Rachael can all go to Excalibur. Gambit can escape.
    Precisely.
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 06-11-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

They’re not divorcing. They are living up to their vows.
    Gambit: I love your forever and will endlessly try to be worthy of your love.
    Rogue: I love that you love me and I’ll get back to you sometime, eventually.
    And they both lived happily ever after.
    Or they can get divorced and I, a real life person who actually cares about Gambit being written well and not as wallpaper for whatever Rogue does, can be happy.

I’ve been saying it since the Thompson days, but if you want Gambit to go back to being written well and like he matters, then the relationship has to end.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Or they can get divorced and I, a real life person who actually cares about Gambit being written well and not as wallpaper for whatever Rogue does, can be happy.

I’ve been saying it since the Thompson days, but if you want Gambit to go back to being written well and like he matters, then the relationship has to end.
    More then that has to change. Marvel has to get interested in presenting a Gambit that actually matters. Him having a presence on the screen could be one way but their are other ways. One of the reason why I was excited for the marriage is that I thought it meant that Marvel wasn't going to ignore Gambit anymore. But then Hickman came in and both Rogue and Gambit fell by the wayside.

For me one big change from reading older issues is that before when Gambit talked people responded or reacted. He had presence and value. Even beyond other changes like powers and personlity that needs to change. I find it refreshing how little Gambit fans actually want. There are no pushes for Omega status or specific relationships. Just give him back his edge, charm and let him matter in stories. He doesn't have to be the lead. Rather he works often better when stealing a scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I find it refreshing how little Gambit fans actually want. There are no pushes for Omega status or specific relationships. Just give him back his edge, charm and let him matter in stories. He doesn't have to be the lead. Rather he works often better when stealing a scene.
    SO LITTLE. Lol, I was just thinking about how we see a picture of dead Gambit in the Inferno trailer and Gambit fans are like: Gambit has a role! I feel so hopeful about this upcoming arc!

Their vows are the perfect example of the problems with this relationship. ‘Finding your way back’ is like, bare minimum, the least you can do for your partner.

Going to the office hon, I’ll find my way back to you!
    …wait, what? So who’s making dinner tonight?
    If I find my way back tonight maybe I’ll pick up a pizza. Ciao!
    Last edited by NicoPony; 06-11-2021 at 04:59 PM.