Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 506
  1. #331
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Or they can get divorced and I, a real life person who actually cares about Gambit being written well and not as wallpaper for whatever Rogue does, can be happy.

    I’ve been saying it since the Thompson days, but if you want Gambit to go back to being written well and like he matters, then the relationship has to end.
    I think the main issue is writers write Gambit as Rogue’s companion rather than a completion of her. Sometimes he feels like her pet while she’s off going on adventures and going to X-men etc etc he always feels like the one left behind or expendable.

    One thing I don’t like is I always felt the wedding was thrown in as a counter to DC marrying Batman and Catwoman ( which I don’t like they did either) so it never felt like they married them with a plan for them they just did it for the storyline and moved on.

  2. #332
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Any chance Gambit is gonna show up in trial of magneto?

  3. #333
    Amazing Member NicoPony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Any chance Gambit is gonna show up in trial of magneto?
    Hopefully as a juror. Bring the guillotine.

  4. #334
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Hopefully as a juror. Bring the guillotine.
    Lol. I was hoping they would call back to Trial of Gambit and have him do something like a moderator or someone who made it happen.

  5. #335
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Lol. I was hoping they would call back to Trial of Gambit and have him do something like a moderator or someone who made it happen.
    After the crap he was put through, Remy should definitely get some PAYBACK!

  6. #336
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

    AIPT: Speaking of X-Couples, X-Fan Kristen said Gambit and Rogue have been side by side since their wedding. Now, they’ll be transitioning into having an extreme work life/home life shift to the point they largely will not be living together. How did the decision play out to put them in different books? And similarly, X-Fan Scott Evans asked if the X-Men Election caused Tini Howard to have to change her plans for Excalibur.

    Jordan: It wasn’t a real election. [Laughs] There was only the one character that got actually elected in real life — we just picked who was going to be on the team for those other six characters. So you know, when we started planning the book, Gerry was like, “Hey, I’d like to use Rogue.” And Tini was like, “Cool, that sounds neat.” And that was long enough ago that Tini didn’t have to blow anything up.

    As for Gambit, there was some back and forth on that, actually. Like, what should happen to him? If Rogue is going to join the X-Men, should he go live there as like, a little househusband or what? And there, Tini was like, “Actually I do have stuff I would want to keep doing with Gambit and I think it makes sense for him to stay here in Excalibur and do these things.” And we went great, it’s not a problem. And don’t forget, this is Krakoa, they have gates. They can walk from New York to England…

    AIPT: X-Fan Emmanuel Boyd pointed out that Gambit revealed he has his own plans. What can you tease about these plans and how soon might we see them?

    Jordan: Keep reading, keep reading. It’s in Excalibur. Tini, like I said, does have stuff in the hopper for Gambit. And it’s going to be playing out there. So if you want to see what mischief Gambit’s up to, that’s the place to look. Although, they’re husband and wife. So he makes appearances in other places. He will appear at least a little bit in X-Men. I’m not saying he’s in every issue of X-Men, but I do know there’s at least a scene in X-Men that I’ve seen drawn already that is pretty great.

  7. #337
    Amazing Member NicoPony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Jordan: Keep reading, keep reading. Itís in Excalibur. Tini, like I said, does have stuff in the hopper for Gambit. And itís going to be playing out there. So if you want to see what mischief Gambitís up to, thatís the place to look.
    5d7m9k.jpg

    Kinda lost me when it says: It makes sense for him to stay....

  8. #338
    Incredible Member Malachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

    AIPT: Speaking of X-Couples, X-Fan Kristen said Gambit and Rogue have been side by side since their wedding. Now, they’ll be transitioning into having an extreme work life/home life shift to the point they largely will not be living together. How did the decision play out to put them in different books? And similarly, X-Fan Scott Evans asked if the X-Men Election caused Tini Howard to have to change her plans for Excalibur.

    Jordan: It wasn’t a real election. [Laughs] There was only the one character that got actually elected in real life — we just picked who was going to be on the team for those other six characters. So you know, when we started planning the book, Gerry was like, “Hey, I’d like to use Rogue.” And Tini was like, “Cool, that sounds neat.” And that was long enough ago that Tini didn’t have to blow anything up.

    As for Gambit, there was some back and forth on that, actually. Like, what should happen to him? If Rogue is going to join the X-Men, should he go live there as like, a little househusband or what? And there, Tini was like, “Actually I do have stuff I would want to keep doing with Gambit and I think it makes sense for him to stay here in Excalibur and do these things.” And we went great, it’s not a problem. And don’t forget, this is Krakoa, they have gates. They can walk from New York to England…

    AIPT: X-Fan Emmanuel Boyd pointed out that Gambit revealed he has his own plans. What can you tease about these plans and how soon might we see them?

    Jordan: Keep reading, keep reading. It’s in Excalibur. Tini, like I said, does have stuff in the hopper for Gambit. And it’s going to be playing out there. So if you want to see what mischief Gambit’s up to, that’s the place to look. Although, they’re husband and wife. So he makes appearances in other places. He will appear at least a little bit in X-Men. I’m not saying he’s in every issue of X-Men, but I do know there’s at least a scene in X-Men that I’ve seen drawn already that is pretty great.
    The bolded part is for me the most obvious way to say that there are no plans. Keep doing implies that he has been doing things up until now. My ennthusiasm is now at an all time low.

  9. #339
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Or they can get divorced and I, a real life person who actually cares about Gambit being written well and not as wallpaper for whatever Rogue does, can be happy.

    I’ve been saying it since the Thompson days, but if you want Gambit to go back to being written well and like he matters, then the relationship has to end.
    Seconded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

    AIPT: Speaking of X-Couples, X-Fan Kristen said Gambit and Rogue have been side by side since their wedding. Now, they’ll be transitioning into having an extreme work life/home life shift to the point they largely will not be living together. How did the decision play out to put them in different books? And similarly, X-Fan Scott Evans asked if the X-Men Election caused Tini Howard to have to change her plans for Excalibur.

    Jordan: It wasn’t a real election. [Laughs] There was only the one character that got actually elected in real life — we just picked who was going to be on the team for those other six characters. So you know, when we started planning the book, Gerry was like, “Hey, I’d like to use Rogue.” And Tini was like, “Cool, that sounds neat.” And that was long enough ago that Tini didn’t have to blow anything up.

    As for Gambit, there was some back and forth on that, actually. Like, what should happen to him? If Rogue is going to join the X-Men, should he go live there as like, a little househusband or what? And there, Tini was like, “Actually I do have stuff I would want to keep doing with Gambit and I think it makes sense for him to stay here in Excalibur and do these things.” And we went great, it’s not a problem. And don’t forget, this is Krakoa, they have gates. They can walk from New York to England…

    AIPT: X-Fan Emmanuel Boyd pointed out that Gambit revealed he has his own plans. What can you tease about these plans and how soon might we see them?

    Jordan: Keep reading, keep reading. It’s in Excalibur. Tini, like I said, does have stuff in the hopper for Gambit. And it’s going to be playing out there. So if you want to see what mischief Gambit’s up to, that’s the place to look. Although, they’re husband and wife. So he makes appearances in other places. He will appear at least a little bit in X-Men. I’m not saying he’s in every issue of X-Men, but I do know there’s at least a scene in X-Men that I’ve seen drawn already that is pretty great.
    Fool me once . . .
    Last edited by remydat; 06-14-2021 at 08:07 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  10. #340
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

    AIPT: Speaking of X-Couples, X-Fan Kristen said Gambit and Rogue have been side by side since their wedding. Now, they’ll be transitioning into having an extreme work life/home life shift to the point they largely will not be living together. How did the decision play out to put them in different books? And similarly, X-Fan Scott Evans asked if the X-Men Election caused Tini Howard to have to change her plans for Excalibur.

    Jordan: It wasn’t a real election. [Laughs] There was only the one character that got actually elected in real life — we just picked who was going to be on the team for those other six characters. So you know, when we started planning the book, Gerry was like, “Hey, I’d like to use Rogue.” And Tini was like, “Cool, that sounds neat.” And that was long enough ago that Tini didn’t have to blow anything up.

    As for Gambit, there was some back and forth on that, actually. Like, what should happen to him? If Rogue is going to join the X-Men, should he go live there as like, a little househusband or what? And there, Tini was like, “Actually I do have stuff I would want to keep doing with Gambit and I think it makes sense for him to stay here in Excalibur and do these things.” And we went great, it’s not a problem. And don’t forget, this is Krakoa, they have gates. They can walk from New York to England…

    AIPT: X-Fan Emmanuel Boyd pointed out that Gambit revealed he has his own plans. What can you tease about these plans and how soon might we see them?

    Jordan: Keep reading, keep reading. It’s in Excalibur. Tini, like I said, does have stuff in the hopper for Gambit. And it’s going to be playing out there. So if you want to see what mischief Gambit’s up to, that’s the place to look. Although, they’re husband and wife. So he makes appearances in other places. He will appear at least a little bit in X-Men. I’m not saying he’s in every issue of X-Men, but I do know there’s at least a scene in X-Men that I’ve seen drawn already that is pretty great.

    "Plans"? The pessimist in me is worried. Even if it is good, though, it's too little too late at this point. I'm done with this book
    Make Good Art

  11. #341
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,143

    Default

    She probably finally read issues with Gambit Otherworld shenanigans and his frienship with Pete Wisdom.

    We'll see if she can pull something off.

  12. #342
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Did Gambit's "Death" persona still exist?

  13. #343
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Did Gambit's "Death" persona still exist?
    I know it wasn’t completely erased after being a Horseman. It was brought out of him again later on when he went into the Underworld for a mission in a later comic book. I will have to recheck where it happened. So it is technically embedded in all horsemen just dormant. I don’t know if there was a specific event to remove it but if not then it is still dormant inside him

    Edit: it was in a mini series called X-men Hellbound. Where they go to limbo looking for Magik
    Last edited by Gripstir; 06-14-2021 at 08:33 PM.

  14. #344
    Spectacular Member Nopozyzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    197

    Default

    I kind of remember that the "Death seeds" were wiped out in Uncanny X-Force. And Gambit's was mentioned to be gone in an interview around the same time (by Remender?).

    Is there any Gambit in Giant Size X-Men?

  15. #345
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I kind of remember that the "Death seeds" were wiped out in Uncanny X-Force. And Gambit's was mentioned to be gone in an interview around the same time (by Remender?).

    Is there any Gambit in Giant Size X-Men?
    Inconclusive. There is a shot of a shirtless man behind Monet in a group shot at the end but its not clear if thats Remy. He does cameo in New Mutants though alongside Frenzy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •