Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Probably not true but just sharing it.

Channing Tatum Reportedly Eyed To Play Multiverse Gambit In MCU

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...se-gambit-mcu/

Tatum could yet gets his chance to throw some superpowered playing cards.

According to our intel, one idea being discussed behind the scenes at Marvel is to have Gambit show up in one of the upcoming multiversal blockbusters, in what would presumably be a combination of fan service and laying more groundwork for the X-Men. Technically, seeing as the actor hasn’t yet played the character, Feige could also realistically hold off for a couple of years and have Tatum as the canonical Gambit whenever mutants are integrated into the mythology instead. But for now, we’ll have to wait and see what happens.
    Oh man. I'm still against Tatum's casting as Gambit for a variety of reasons, but I just feel bad for the guy now. I'd like him to have the chance to play a multi-verse Gambit, but would rather have someone younger and unknown for 616/MCU Gambit.
    Make Good Art

I would be happy with Tatum as any Gambit. He deserves it but probably won't happen.

I do respect his passion for the character, at least
    Make Good Art

BANNED

The Channing Tatum’s Gambit never really was officially dead. It just that Marvel wasn’t ready to implement any XMen, including Deadpool. If Disney never bought 20th Century, Deadpool 3 most likely would had been released this years, but Disney had to hold up all XMen. I think they haven’t decided whether to make XMen part of the MCU or keep it separate. The pandemic really set everything back, hopefully we will get a clue about the XMen future in the Black Widow movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh man. I'm still against Tatum's casting as Gambit for a variety of reasons, but I just feel bad for the guy now. I'd like him to have the chance to play a multi-verse Gambit, but would rather have someone younger and unknown for 616/MCU Gambit.
    Im not. Its kinda pathetic at this point

Astonishing Member

Considering that the artistic depiction of Gambit in the comics never seems to quite settle on what ever he looks charmingly shaggy/unkept in appearance or looking handsomely pretty, it will be interesting who they will eventualy go with and which style they pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering that the artistic depiction of Gambit in the comics never seems to quite settle on what ever he looks charmingly shaggy/unkept in appearance or looking handsomely pretty, it will be interesting who they will eventualy go with and which style they pick for him.
    To me, it should be a combination of both. Maybe not a pretty-boy, but handsome with a shaggy/scruffy appearance. But yes, it will be interesting to see what direction they go with for casting him. The MCU usually does a good job casting their characters, so I've got hope
    Make Good Art

By the time a Gambit project is Greenlit, Tatum will be old enough to play the Witness.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

So no Gambit in Excalibur. Witch was a clear choice. There is nothing she can do in possible future issues that will fix this. There are no scenario where she will say; Oh I had this big story waiting for Gambit that made me have less focus on him. She probably crossed that line earlier but I'm generally optimistic. It's a sad state for Gambit this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    So no Gambit in Excalibur. Witch was a clear choice. There is nothing she can do in possible future issues that will fix this. There are no scenario where she will say; Oh I had this big story waiting for Gambit that made me have less focus on him. She probably crossed that line earlier but I'm generally optimistic. It's a sad state for Gambit this era.
    Yeah, I've already dropped the book. It sucks bc I wanted to be able to support my LCS at least, but honestly, I'm tired of holding out hope that she will do anything interesting with Gambit.
    Make Good Art

Even though Maraurders also suffers from not properly utilizing its cast, I think Gambit at least would be so much more fun over there going on pirate adventures around the globe

Gambit in the Marauders is a no-brainer imo. He would be perfect for that book. I don't think Duggan has any interest in him, unfortunately. Really, the only current X-Writer that I can think of that even likes Gambit is Vita and they haven't really used him at all for CotA so far
    Make Good Art

Gambit in the Marauders is a no-brainer imo. He would be perfect for that book. I don't think Duggan has any interest in him, unfortunately. Really, the only current X-Writer that I can think of that even likes Gambit is Vita and they haven't really used him at all for CotA so far
    Yep! I'm 100% on board with moving him to a book where he's given his due. I was extremely dissapointed Vita didn't work him into CotA and instead we got the same characters (Jean, Storm, Wolverine, & Cyclops) who are appearing everywhere this era. Gambit is relegated to a single book with a writer that doesn't use him. I hope he appears in CotA or elsewhere SOON.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yep! I'm 100% on board with moving him to a book where he's given his due. I was extremely dissapointed Vita didn't work him into CotA and instead we got the same characters (Jean, Storm, Wolverine, & Cyclops) who are appearing everywhere this era. Gambit is relegated to a single book with a writer that doesn't use him. I hope he appears in CotA or elsewhere SOON.
    Same! I have a more faith in Vita as a writer, at least, so I'll hold out hope a little longer
    Make Good Art

Probably trash. Just sharing.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...it-deadpool-3/

Ryan Reynolds reportedly wants Gambit to appear in Deadpool 3.

While we haven’t been able to confirm if it would be a multiversal cameo involving Tatum or a brand new canonical interpretation of the card-throwing thief, it’s definitely something that would go down a storm with fans. After all, if the first two Deadpools featured a mutant supporting cast, then there’s no reason why the third installment couldn’t follow suit to give them something of a soft launch within the franchise, especially when we know the X-Men are coming to the MCU sooner rather than later.