Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Wasn't Remy a sex education teacher at the Jean Grey School ? I wonder what he teaches in this continuity
    He sure was!

o9j8wshbnbyx.jpg
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    He sure was!

o9j8wshbnbyx.jpg
    Gambit with kids is a recipe for fun. He makes a perfect mentor because he's far from judgmental and also gives kids a lot more freedom and information than a traditionally "responsible" adult would. Plus he's a total softy. Just think of him when written partnering with Laura or Lil' Ro, talking down Franklin, helping out the little girl in the Ultimate universe, making sure kids had their Wolverine action figures for Christmas, saving a mutant boy from The Pig, teaching kids how to break and enter the X-mansion or teaching Gabby to break a safe. Glad he's getting a spotlight, even if it's a YA book.

And we were ROBBED not getting to actually see him teaching sex ed during WatXM. That would have been flipping amazing.

I think in the last issue of Asmus’ Gambit solo, he said he also taught intro to art history. But y’know, Gambit’s just a punchline to a long-running Marvel joke, so sex ed it is. But like AppleJ says, he would’ve been good at teaching sex ed, as a judgement-free person. He’d be throwing out condoms like Mardi Gras beads.

Which issue did he talk to Franklin? I missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Gambit with kids is a recipe for fun. He makes a perfect mentor because he's far from judgmental and also gives kids a lot more freedom and information than a traditionally "responsible" adult would. Plus he's a total softy. Just think of him when written partnering with Laura or Lil' Ro, talking down Franklin, helping out the little girl in the Ultimate universe, making sure kids had their Wolverine action figures for Christmas, saving a mutant boy from The Pig, teaching kids how to break and enter the X-mansion or teaching Gabby to break a safe. Glad he's getting a spotlight, even if it's a YA book.
    Well put. Yeah, I think Gambit would and has made a great teacher too, although I agree that some of the other more strait-laced characters might dispute that. I can definitely see some characters like the classic, more traditional, Professor X seeing his teaching methods as a disaster lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    X-Men Unlimited #14.

And we were ROBBED not getting to actually see him teaching sex ed during WatXM. That would have been flipping amazing.
    Yes! All great points. Those 2 Ultimate issues with the girl really caught me off-guard (in a good way), considering Austen wrote them. It even makes me hate Bizarre Love Triangle that much more because it was really cool seeing him mentoring a team of New X-Men but then Mystique had to come and ruin it
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    X-Men Unlimited #14.
    Correct. From 1997, truly an emotional scene (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-04-2021 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Made a Correction.

. But y’know, Gambit’s just a punchline to a long-running Marvel joke, so sex ed it is.
    Witch is just silly. It's been 30 years after Gambit has been introduced and those years hasn't been kind to many characters. Especially the X-men. Most of them has been reduced to a joke at some point. Drawn through the mud. Turned evil. Fantomex is all his silly glory turns into a contest for Marvel to tie itself into knots. He's introduced as a parady of characters. Some of witch Gambit shares similarites with. So in many ways he's a paradoy of Gambit. Yet Marvel instead makes attempts to push him as the serious version of Gambit. After all this time they still believe and attempt to control the narrative. All they can do is publish the issues. After that it's out of their control. They can't tell us witch characters or stories we like. Even if they never stop trying to.

Clay Mann recently posted this on Instagram

Screenshot 2021-07-04 8.57.20 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-04 8.57.32 AM.jpg

Kind of funny to see the Joe Mad influence in that early sketch. Glad he developed his own style though
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Witch is just silly. It's been 30 years after Gambit has been introduced and those years hasn't been kind to many characters. Especially the X-men. Most of them has been reduced to a joke at some point. Drawn through the mud. Turned evil. Fantomex is all his silly glory turns into a contest for Marvel to tie itself into knots. He's introduced as a parady of characters. Some of witch Gambit shares similarites with. So in many ways he's a paradoy of Gambit. Yet Marvel instead makes attempts to push him as the serious version of Gambit. After all this time they still believe and attempt to control the narrative. All they can do is publish the issues. After that it's out of their control. They can't tell us witch characters or stories we like. Even if they never stop trying to.
    Word. I will take joke Gambit over Pantomex any day of the week. X-Characters do get put through the wringer. But how many of them got Apocalypse bondage fart-powers? Or retconned into being responsible for a massacre? Ah. Poor Remy. They can try to make me hate him, but I keep on keepin’ on.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Oh wow, thanks! I did not remember this AT ALL.

Mighty Member

Was this when Franklin and X-man were inside Onslaught or when Gambit and I think Beast were hiding on a farm? I remember loving their interactions. I remember wanting a lot more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Was this when Franklin and X-man were inside Onslaught or when Gambit and I think Beast were hiding on a farm? I remember loving their interactions. I remember wanting a lot more than that
    After the Onslaught Saga, most definitely...

After the Onslaught Saga, most definitely...

Man I enjoyed this issue so much. Also this version of Beast. For a while there in the 90s Beast and Gambit had some fun buddy moments. Gambit hasn't been treated wonderfully over the years for sure, but at least he's not getting the Henry McCoy treatment. Not sure that character will ever recover.

Man I enjoyed this issue so much. Also this version of Beast. For a while there in the 90s Beast and Gambit had some fun buddy moments. Gambit hasn't been treated wonderfully over the years for sure, but at least he's not getting the Henry McCoy treatment. Not sure that character will ever recover.
    I hadn't read that issue so I did so today and that was just what I was thinking. Poor Beast.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    An all-female team plus Gambit might be the best, most funnest thing ever. Sure, he would get slapped around a lot… but he’s a good sport about it.