Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I would love for them to revisit this. I have a feeling he would be happy to have been taken away from Sinister. I wish we could get any sort of Gambit-Sinister interaction at this point, but I doubt Tini is interested at all.
    I’m just now thinking Gambit and Apocolypse were on the same team for months and it was never brought up. Is Apocolypse even aware Gambit was made to kill him and that he is the baby he stole?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I’m just now thinking Gambit and Apocolypse were on the same team for months and it was never brought up. Is Apocolypse even aware Gambit was made to kill him and that he is the baby he stole?
    Can you refresh my memory where this is from? But yeah, there wasn't much of anything brought up between Apoc and Gambit, unfortunately. I'd be curious to know how much Tini is familiar with Gambit's history
    Make Good Art

Can you refresh my memory where this is from? But yeah, there wasn't much of anything brought up between Apoc and Gambit, unfortunately. I'd be curious to know how much Tini is familiar with Gambit's history
    It was one of those alternate timelines - X:Men: The End
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Yep, as Askia said it is from The End reality. It has not been made canon in 616(thank goodness), and hopefully never will. It is from X-Men: The End- Heroes and Martyrs #5.

Mighty Member

Yeah it’s X-men The End however while not canon technically. It is written by Chris Claremont and this is most likely what his original vision of Gambit was. So the reason Gambit made it to the thieves guild was Apocolypse trying to sabotage Sinisters plan to essentially create a Broly type super sayian to solo Apocolypse

Would love it to be used but don't have high hopes while Hickman is still helping to create or outline future X books.

Yeah it’s X-men The End however while not canon technically. It is written by Chris Claremont and this is most likely what his original vision of Gambit was. So the reason Gambit made it to the thieves guild was Apocolypse trying to sabotage Sinisters plan to essentially create a Broly type super sayian to solo Apocolypse
    I always heard his original vision for Gambit and Sinister was that they were both the manifestations of a long lived mutant whose body never aged from boyhood. Sinister was what the boy imagined a bad guy would be like and Gambit was his attempt at manifesting a good guy. Thankfully that was scrapped too. Until it is made canon in 616 I just view The End origin for Gambit as one of Claremont's weird ideas when not reined in at all by editorial like in X-Men Forever. Sometimes it is good for Marvel editorial to step in and not let an idea to forward. when it is not 616editorial is a lot more lenient with what slips in the books. Anyway, to each their own, I just personally don't like the idea of Gambit being some kind of Frankensteined lab experiment with Cyclop's dna and not just a natural mutant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I always heard his original vision for Gambit and Sinister was that they were both the manifestations of a long lived mutant whose body never aged from boyhood. Sinister was what the boy imagined a bad guy would be like and Gambit was his attempt at manifesting a good guy. Thankfully that was scrapped too. Until it is made canon in 616 I just view The End origin for Gambit as one of Claremont's weird ideas when not reined in at all by editorial like in X-Men Forever. Sometimes it is good for Marvel editorial to step in and not let an idea to forward. when it is not 616editorial is a lot more lenient with what slips in the books. Anyway, to each their own, I just personally don't like the idea of Gambit being some kind of Frankensteined lab experiment with Cyclop's dna and not just a natural mutant.

That I never heard! Yeah that is also bad. But Krakoa does let Gambit stay as a mutant. Whereas someone lie Deadpool was…overlooked. So I’m leaning more towards Gambit having the xgene. But imagine the sales of a Gambit book where he is in between Apoc and Sinister for the fate of the world. I don’t think we have ever had a Gambit comic with that good of a cast and that high stakes. It would be a best seller for sure if they put a good writer on it. Pretty no one on current X-men could do it I think. Not Hickman Tini Vita or Ewing.

That I never heard! Yeah that is also bad.
    Really bad! Found a source for it-
    https://www.cbr.com/gambit-cyclops-m...aremont-clone/

But imagine the sales of a Gambit book where he is in between Apoc and Sinister for the fate of the world. I don’t think we have ever had a Gambit comic with that good of a cast and that high stakes. It would be a best seller for sure if they put a good writer on it. Pretty no one on current X-men could do it I think. Not Hickman Tini Vita or Ewing.
    Yeah, it would be nice for Gambit to be important in a story of that magnitude.

Totally agree…thank goodness some of the more outrageous stuff got nixed. I hate baby Gambit-Frankenstein’s monster. And why would Apocalypse let the baby live if he was meant to be a weapon? Why not squish his little incubator? Unless it was some weird Survival of the Fittest thing.

It did seem like Nicieza was setting up some kind of Apocalypse connection with Candra and the guilds and all. Like Gambit didn’t have enough problems dealing with Sinister.

“Hey Gambit. You’re stuck between Sinny and Poccy and the fate of the world is at stake!”
    “FML. I just wanna play poker and have sex. Lemme alone!”

But Krakoa does let Gambit stay as a mutant. Whereas someone lie Deadpool was…overlooked. So I’m leaning more towards Gambit having the xgene.
    Good point. So put a point in the ‘Gambit is a normal mutant’ column.

Tho Sinister doesn’t have an X-Gene…and he got the green light.

….Dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    It was one of those alternate timelines - X:Men: The End
    Thank you. I knew of it from the end. Just didn’t know if it was ever mentioned in regular continuity
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Sounds even weirder reading the whole thing. Yeah there are times when writers really need to have that oversight. Especially in comics, when ideas can get pretty crazy

Was this before Nathanial Essex became canon or was the kid supposed to be Essex?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

“Hey Gambit. You’re stuck between Sinny and Poccy and the fate of the world is at stake!”
    “FML. I just wanna play poker and have sex. Lemme alone!”

Good point. So put a point in the ‘Gambit is a normal mutant’ column.

Tho Sinister doesn’t have an X-Gene…and he got the green light.

….Dammit.

He also likes to cook his Cajun gumbo.

Sinister was technically invited because of a deal made. They needed him to collect mutant DNA. So that could be the reason they let him on

Sounds even weirder reading the whole thing. Yeah there are times when writers really need to have that oversight. Especially in comics, when ideas can get pretty crazy

Was this before Nathanial Essex became canon or was the kid supposed to be Essex?
    Yeah, before the Essex origin was introduced. This was something he had in mind before he was forced off the X-Men titles the first time.

Mighty Member

Yeah, before the Essex origin was introduced. This was something he had in mind before he was forced off the X-Men titles the first time.
    I never knew Claremont was really that controversial. So how is he regarded overall as a writer? Is he considered overall as a good writer or is he more just considered a good long term idea guy but bad writer?

I never knew Claremont was really that controversial. So how is he regarded overall as a writer? Is he considered overall as a good writer or is he more just considered a good long term idea guy but bad writer?
    I think it's that he is a good overall writer and was able to weave a lot of storylines throughout a long term as writer, but some of his ideas didn't fly well with people. And then a lot of people started to turn on him after he wrote X-Men Forever and his ideas there (which he would have written before had he not left the books or had editorial mandates) weren't well received.
    Make Good Art