Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Now I don't think that Gambit story is for current X-Men Legends too. #10 -12 will probably be by Claremont but about Pryde and Storm.
    All other from #1 cover already got their stories.

Would be cool if it were a new Gambit volume and not just a second volume of X-Men Legends.

Last edited by Purplevit; 09-01-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    this is still probabaly for x-men legends probably volume 2 with a shiny new #1 for claremont cause issue 12 is the last issue of volume 1
    It would make sense. Also makes me think they are developing a real live action Gambit thing if they are making comics moves

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Now I don't think that Gambit story is for current X-Men Legends too. #10 -12 will probably be by Claremont but about Pryde and Storm.
    All other from #1 cover already got their stories.

Would be cool if it were a new Gambit volume and not just a second volume of X-Men Legends.

I hope we get new stories as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau69 View Post
    No. Pine is great as actor and he is charming but I don`t see him as Gambit. For some reason he looks short in all his movies.

If 40+ actor can be cast as Gambit then I vote for Tatum.

It's speculated that he met with Feige. Could be a possibility, tho I'm not sure how I feel about that...I would put him ahead of Tatum tho. I just don't see him as Gambit. .

It's speculated that he met with Feige. Could be a possibility, tho I'm not sure how I feel about that...I would put him ahead of Tatum tho. I just don't see him as Gambit. .
    The reason why I am so pro Tatum is because I read old draft of script and I am sure that Tatum would fight for Gambit to be dangerous (villains were afraid of him even just when he was holding slices of orange, lol), smart, charming, fast and stealthy. He won`t be just an actor who would play character from a written script or allow character to be humilated as a prop to other character. Tatum just gets Gambit.

I am sure that now with Tatum as Gambit we would never get a moment like in Origins when Wolverine punches Gambit in face just for laugh.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-03-2021 at 02:16 AM.

Mighty Member

Part of me thinks Chris Pine is the best you could hope for when it comes to Disney picking a actor. But he would not be my choice. I’d prefer someone a little more physical and I figured they were gonna go a lot younger so you could have him for years. I’m with purp if you’re gonna go that age just stick with Tatum who is a lot more physical and would definitely try to protect the character

Chris pine isn’t a bad actor so it wouldn’t be the worst and maybe it’s just me needing to taper my expectations of a good up and coming actor as gambit

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    The reason why I am so pro Tatum is because I read old draft of script and I am sure that Tatum would fight for Gambit to be dangerous (villains were afraid of him even just when he was holding slices of orange, lol), smart, charming, fast and stealthy. He won`t be just an actor who would play character from a written script or allow character to be humilated as a prop to other character. Tatum just gets Gambit.

I am sure that now with Tatum as Gambit we would never get a moment like in Origins when Wolverine punches Gambit in face just for laugh.
    Aww, this is what makes me sad that his Gambit movie didn’t happen in spite of my general ambivalence toward him as actor. I feel like his passion for the character could have brought out something really special in his performance.

Chris Pine as Gambit is interesting. Although he is handsome and a very good actor, i’m not sure how I feel about it, besides just being excited about Marvel finally having all the Chrises.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Aww, this is what makes me sad that his Gambit movie didn’t happen in spite of my general ambivalence toward him as actor. I feel like his passion for the character could have brought out something really special in his performance.

Chris Pine as Gambit is interesting. Although he is handsome and a very good actor, i’m not sure how I feel about it, besides just being excited about Marvel finally having all the Chrises.
    I do remember reading a rumor that the movie might serve as the basic storyline for the show

It's true. Tatum had a passion and respect for Gambit that would make him a good choice. Perhaps I just can't see past his previous work, of which I wasn't the biggest fan...To be honest, I saw an article somewhere suggesting Scott Eastwood, I could get behind that casting choice. He's got the chops, and is a bit more rugged looking ..

Astonishing Member

It's true. Tatum had a passion and respect for Gambit that would make him a good choice. Perhaps I just can't see past his previous work, of which I wasn't the biggest fan...To be honest, I saw an article somewhere suggesting Scott Eastwood, I could get behind that casting choice. He's got the chops, and is a bit more rugged looking ..
    I can't help but think it would at least be nice to offer Tatum the role to play Jean-Luc LeBeau, considering his enthusiam and support for the character and the movie plans.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Mighty Member

How does Gambit make pink look masculine lol.

As for actors my main two in my head for if they go younger was Jacob Elordi from Euphoria and Sam Corlett from Sabrina.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Thinking about it a little more idk if Jacob is a great choice for Gambit. I just think he's a above average actor and he's over 6 ft.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    How does Gambit make pink look masculine lol.

As for actors my main two in my head for if they go younger was Jacob Elordi from Euphoria and Sam Corlett from Sabrina.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Thinking about it a little more idk if Jacob is a great choice for Gambit. I just think he's a above average actor and he's over 6 ft.
    I don't know. And its not even salmon. Joking aside...

I am not familiar with those actors.