Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ah... thank you. Yeah that thing between him and lee... But then he did an arc of WildC.A.T.S. that crossed over with his OC from his novels I believe or he might have been from a comic of his. I can't remember exacly. It wasn't bad, but had some of his usual bondage stuff.
    Are you talking about Huntsman? I mean, whatever happened to him?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau69 View Post
    Attachment 113677
    Found these two prints at the Calgary Comic-Con! Original inker on Uncanny #266(Joe Rubinstein) was there and I got two original prints signed! Including his alternate #266 cover! Score!
    That’s really cool. I actually prefer the variant to the original cover. Very nice!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Are you talking about Huntsman? I mean, whatever happened to him?

Yes, that is who I mean. And I don't know. His Zealot reminded me tons of Storm.

Have a Storm and a Gambit.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Fabian is writing about Black Womb and no Gambit in sight. Wott?? Oh, but MAGNETO is there! Yay! More Magneto, we really don't get enough of him!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

Fabian is writing about Black Womb and no Gambit in sight. Wott?? Oh, but MAGNETO is there! Yay! More Magneto, we really don't get enough of him!
    Fabian is always awesome.

Why Amanda is so young here?

Hopefully to write this issue Fabian reread old Gambit solo issues and understood that he needs to write Gambit again.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-13-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Mighty Member

We are getting a lot of dinner table previews and covers and panels lately. I wonder if that is intentional

Mighty Member

I was wondering, based on current information we have, how would you guys write this scene differently? Or do you think it works as is?

Other than the fact I wish the team stuck together the whole time rather than this side mission I would have added some footnotes on the point of the game or explain something. That way we the audience would know Remy is about to mess up rather than waiting for the other characters to tell us. Either that or give a moment of suspense as if using the card maybe did actually work and they were in shock for a moment. Then we realize they were shocked at the bravado of using a card not found in the game. And maybe since they know about the magical cards let the other players drop a nugget of info about the cards. Just to give it some suspense.

I know Tinis writing isn’t everyone’s favorite but I would love to hear ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Fabian is always awesome.

Hopefully to write this issue Fabian reread old Gambit solo issues and understood that he needs to write Gambit again.
    Agreed. Nicieza came up with lots of interesting ideas.
    As long as it can be "charged", anything's a weapon for Remy (even gum, LOL!):

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I was wondering, based on current information we have, how would you guys write this scene differently? Or do you think it works as is?

Other than the fact I wish the team stuck together the whole time rather than this side mission I would have added some footnotes on the point of the game or explain something. That way we the audience would know Remy is about to mess up rather than waiting for the other characters to tell us. Either that or give a moment of suspense as if using the card maybe did actually work and they were in shock for a moment. Then we realize they were shocked at the bravado of using a card not found in the game. And maybe since they know about the magical cards let the other players drop a nugget of info about the cards. Just to give it some suspense.

Probably just works when Saturnyne allows it to work.
    Won't be surprised if Exclaibur ends with #26 and cards won't be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Nicieza came up with lots of interesting ideas.
    As long as it can be "charged", anything's a weapon for Remy (even gum, LOL!):

I looooove that solo. We were so lucky that Skroce was an artist for that book. He is my favorite story teller and guy is a legend who worked on story boards for matrix.

I would have:
    A. Let Gambit get away with winning, at least for a moment, before they realize he's cheating and then we get either a chase scene or a bar fight.

B. I would have made this feed into the overall plot in some useful way - showing us how the cards work and foreshadowing how they will factor in later, making the winnings of the game useful downplot, or making them getting caught at cheating cause some problems for them in Otherworld downstream. Perhaps all of the above?

Or

C. Make this scene more fun by showing us Remy being charming and able to adapt to any situation and winning the game while the other characters are funny and contributing something to the scene.

... maybe we'll still get some of this? But my magic eight ball isn't hopeful.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 09-14-2021 at 05:23 AM.

Ugh. You. Me. Same page. Can we have just one book without buckethead?

I DO hope we learn some new Black Womb revelations that can be tied back to Gambit though.

Making sense of this is an exercise in futility. I’m hoping the point of the scene isn’t another depiction of just how stupid Betsy’s Bimbo Brigade is, but has something to do with the card he played.

The World (XXI) is the 21st trump or Major Arcana card in the tarot deck. It is the final card of the Major Arcana or tarot trump sequence. Wikipedia
    Depiction: A naked woman/man hovers or dances above the earth holding a staff in each hand, surrounded by a green wreath, being watched by various creatures.
    Meaning: The World represents an ending to a cycle of life, a pause in life before the next big cycle beginning with the fool. It is an indicator of a major and inexorable change, of tectonic breadth.
    Upright card: Achievement, Fulfillment, Possibilities, Successful conclusions
    Reversed card: Delayed success, Failed plans, Lack of completion, Stagnation

If the next cycle involves The Fool, or The Joker in a traditional deck, that’s usually Remy’s card.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ugh. You. Me. Same page. Can we have just one book without buckethead?

I DO hope we learn some new Black Womb revelations that can be tied back to Gambit though.
    I am with you on all of this.

I looooove that solo. We were so lucky that Skroce was an artist for that book. He is my favorite story teller and guy is a legend who worked on story boards for matrix.
    OMG! I always forget that Skroce worked on The Matrix!
    Hopefully this counts, but I really had a great time watching...

The AniMatrix
    (アニマトリックス)

I am with you on all of this.
    Agreed. This is Remy's thread. Let him be in the spotlight for awhile...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-14-2021 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.