Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'd be very down for Steve Skroce to pen new Gambit stories. His original run was excellent but his more recent stuff is just insanely good, it's amazing how much he has grown as an artist.

I like Nicieza but I'd probably be happier with some new blood writing the Cajun... although it seems to be hard these days to find a talented writer who's willing to do that :/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'd be very down for Steve Skroce to pen new Gambit stories. His original run was excellent but his more recent stuff is just insanely good, it's amazing how much he has grown as an artist.

I like Nicieza but I'd probably be happier with some new blood writing the Cajun... although it seems to be hard these days to find a talented writer who's willing to do that :/
    Totally agree. Skroce (who it's well documented was co-plotting the book while he was on it) was the magic ingredient, as evidenced by the fact that the book became a total slog the moment he left!
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

I hope the short focus on Gambit in the X-Men Legends trailer isn't insignificant

Astonishing Member

I just saw that. What the heck, that was random. Only possible explanation:

Marvel Offices:

Marvel marketing intern: Sir, the pre-order sales on X-men legends, the long awaited reveal of Adam x as the third, er, wait, fourth summers brothers, haven’t been up to projections.

Marketing manager: Really? That can’t be right, Hickman loved the idea, said it would play into his Shi ‘ar story. He’s never wrong!

(Rest of the office) All praise the Hick-man!

Marketing manager: yes, all praise the hick-man! Hmm...let’s throw gambit variant cover in there. They must be working or I don’t know why we keep doing them.

Intern: there’s no time for a variant, sir

Editor: Drat, ok, throw a gambit pic into one of those weird, clunky animated ‘trailers’ we keep making. That should be good enough.

Spectacular Member

No, no it was obvious.

Gambit is seen just after it says "After decades of clues and conspiracies" And we also see Adam X.

It is used to express that Gambit was one time hinted to be the third summers brother. Nothing more. Just like Adam X.

Fabian confirmed that Gambit is not in it so don`t worry.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Ah, so once again Gambit is being used to generate hype/sales without giving him any significant story. Cool.
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Marvel marketing strikes again...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    No, no it was obvious.

Gambit is seen just after it says "After decades of clues and conspiracies" And we also see Adam X.

It is used to express that Gambit was one time hinted to be the third summers brother. Nothing more. Just like Adam X.
    Was it ever hinted that Gambit was the third Summers brother in the actual comics? Or was it all just extra textual fan/ creator theories?
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Was it ever hinted that Gambit was the third Summers brother in the actual comics? Or was it all just extra textual fan/ creator theories?
    At least from the Twitter discussion recently, the recollection is that it was a theory amongst fans and pushed by the comic zines, but never a plan by writers at the time.

The fact Claremont brought it in as a partial truth later is just icing on the cake.

All-New X-Men (2015-)-030.jpg

From All-New X-men monsters unleashed. By Jeremy Whitely.

Not a perfect issue but the clear highlight is Remy and Lauras relationship. Jeremy wisely moves it into a new phase. I like to read it and remind myself that there are writers out there that get Remy. It's just Marvel that don't hire them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    In X-men The End Sinister states he created Gambit from Cyclops DNA, hence the eyes.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

Not a perfect issue but the clear highlight is Remy and Lauras relationship. Jeremy wisely moves it into a new phase. I like to read it and remind myself that there are writers out there that get Remy. It's just Marvel that don't hire them.
    God, I love this. Hope we get to see them interact again soon
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

God I miss this. And also the fact Gambit, Gabby, Jubilee, and Logan are so chill about her being trapped in the Vault? Like NO mention at all anywhere that any character cares?! This era is really lacking for me in these interpersonal connections.