Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

New Claremont interview.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKjyXfJUDgg

31:00 I am doing a project now with someone I didn`t know before (artist). We started working together and this guy is absolutely spectacular. And hopefully at some point next year you will see the results. But I am having the best time ever. And he just came up with some designs for adversaries, sadly for the final issue, that are absolutely ... I am having a great time. I am writing the script as we speak. It is such a delightful synergy.

37:10 Not sure if Claremont is speaking about the same project. Probably a different one.
    Black Lives matter inspired him a concept mutant lives matter. Looking at the whole iteration of Krakoa, I mean how would the non-mutant half of the world react to all of this. I pitched an idea to do and arc or series set in Valle Soleada, California o the mutants who didn`t want to go to Krakoa: a) because I am American, I live here and what is more important my wife is not a mutant, my kids aren`t all mutants. How can I walk away from that?
    Last edited by Purplevit; 11-01-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Oh interesting. Specifically:

"I pitched an idea to do and arc or series set in Valle Soleada, California o the mutants who didn`t want to go to Krakoa: a) because I am American, I live here and what is more important my wife is not a mutant, my kida aren`t all mutants. How can I walk away from that?"

That's the kind of perspective I wish were were getting more of.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    New Claremont interview.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKjyXfJUDgg

31:00 I am doing a project now with someone I didn`t know before (artist). We started working together and this guy is absolutely spectacular. And hopefully at some point next year you will see the results. But I am having the best time ever. And he just came up with some designs for adversaries, sadly for the final issue, that are absolutely ... I am having a great time. I am writing the script as we speak. It is such a delightful synergy.

37:10 Not sure if Claremont is speaking about the same project. Probably a different one.
    Black Lives matter inspired him a concept mutant lives matter. Looking at the whole iteration of Krakoa, I mean how would the non-mutant half of the world react to all of this. I pitched an idea to do and arc or series set in Valle Soleada, California o the mutants who didn`t want to go to Krakoa: a) because I am American, I live here and what is more important my wife is not a mutant, my kids aren`t all mutants. How can I walk away from that?
    YES. This is what we're missing in the Krakoa era and the story I want.

Also I miss Valle Soleada!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I love Quicksilver but the idea of these two fighting makes me smile a bit then they become X-Factor teammates later.

Gambit vs, another Avenger.

Quicksilver and Gambit had a great dynamic in X-Factor. I always see these panels making the rounds on tumblr.

Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Quicksilver and Gambit had a great dynamic in X-Factor. I always see these panels making the rounds on tumblr.

Indeed. The artwork from Carmine Di Giandomenico is simply irresistible (IMHO):

I agree. Other than the costumes themselves I really enjoyed the art for this book. Very expressive and I like how he draws Gambit. He's scruffy but handsome
    Make Good Art

Indeed. Also, don't forget about his cats (LOL):

Love the Gambit/Quicksilver dynamic. So sad there wasn’t moar. The art was amazing, I love how long and rangy everyone looked. Also…the male anatomy was…something else. … Kris Anka covers were…

What? What was I saying? Oh, I also liked their outfits, in and out of costume. Just the colors of the whole book felt like my eyes were being washed in acid.

Yeah, loved the interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. The artwork from Carmine Di Giandomenico is simply irresistible (IMHO):

His work reminds me of Aeon Flux.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Also, don't forget about his cats (LOL):

Of course! How could I forget about the cats!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Love the Gambit/Quicksilver dynamic. So sad there wasn’t moar. The art was amazing, I love how long and rangy everyone looked. Also…the male anatomy was…something else. … Kris Anka covers were…
    That one Anka cover in particular was really something else
    Make Good Art

Gambit appears on the cover for X-Men 6. Will he actually appear in the comic? Who knows anymore

Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

His work reminds me of Aeon Flux.
    Ooh, yeah! I see it. Loved that show too. It was hot hot hot.

Gambit appears on the cover for X-Men 6. Will he actually appear in the comic? Who knows anymore
    IT'S A TRAP!

I love that Gambit is the only one smiling. Everyone else is like: BATTLE GRIMACE.

Meanwhile, Gambit's grinnin' at Bishop and be like: "Hey, mon ami! Did I ever tell you bout dat time my boy Thibideaux..."

It is a trap for sure!

Awesome cover!
    Gambit`s grin is my favorite part of it. While everyone is stressed or serious he clearly enjoys that stuff!

Like Johnny Cage is always smiling when fighting someone in MK11. He enjoys it, ahah.