Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

No Gambit in Excalibur 25. He has one or two lines but nothing of importance. Can’t comment on the rest of the issue. I didn’t read it.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yeah, that sounds about par for the course at this point. Fingers crossed this book is ending
    Make Good Art

Looks like Gambit is trending on Twitter again because someone else is hating on our guy. Maybe some day he'll get some respect
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Looks like Gambit is trending on Twitter again because someone else is hating on our guy. Maybe some day he'll get some respect
    One football sports reporter hated on our guy. Then FIVE MILLION Gambit fans showed up to smack her drink out of her hand. And that's why Gambit is trending and I am here for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    One football sports reporter hated on our guy. Then FIVE MILLION Gambit fans showed up to smack her drink out of her hand. And that's why Gambit is trending and I am here for it!!
    That's true! That's a good way of looking at it!
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

There is a Respect Gambit page (other characters have one):

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...it_marvel_616/

Nice. I appreciate the references they made for each section
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Nice. I appreciate the references they made for each section
    Yes. They were great.

Some cool fanart.

Mighty Member

I’m kinda sad I missed the Gambit Twitter drama. From what I hear it was pretty lively which you love to see. It’s amazing how the girl bagging him was saying Storm is better and more powerful. Idk the woman seems to be taking it in good spirit. I think she appreciated the discourse more than anything. And complimented X-men Twitter as better than sports Twitter lol. And she’s a sports broadcaster

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I’m kinda sad I missed the Gambit Twitter drama. From what I hear it was pretty lively which you love to see. It’s amazing how the girl bagging him was saying Storm is better and more powerful. Idk the woman seems to be taking it in good spirit. I think she appreciated the discourse more than anything. And complimented X-men Twitter as better than sports Twitter lol. And she’s a sports broadcaster
    overall it was a pretty fun day for gambit and x-men on twitter. it started with mina's post (which was more about defending storm than anything) and then the rumor dropped about the xtas cartoon. a pleasant break from people gushing over betsy/magic!emmafrost. you're right, mina continued the x-discourse in good fun.

i dunno, people say twitter is toxic, but i spend most of my time laughing. except earlier this week when i got blocked for defending shogo. what'd that baby ever do to you?

anyway, i love this guy:

https://twitter.com/petervnguyen/sta...360220163?s=20

talented, positive attitude. and he follows his tweet with a vid of him painting remy. love it.

i also follow ben schwartz and paul f thompkins who are comedians but also like comics/marvel and have good nerd energy. monica lewinsky's feed is also a delight if you're looking for a kinder twitter experience.

Mighty Member

overall it was a pretty fun day for gambit and x-men on twitter. it started with mina's post (which was more about defending storm than anything) and then the rumor dropped about the xtas cartoon. a pleasant break from people gushing over betsy/magic!emmafrost. you're right, mina continued the x-discourse in good fun.

i dunno, people say twitter is toxic, but i spend most of my time laughing. except earlier this week when i got blocked for defending shogo. what'd that baby ever do to you?

anyway, i love this guy:

talented, positive attitude. and he follows his tweet with a vid of him painting remy. love it.

i also follow ben schwartz and paul f thompkins who are comedians but also like comics/marvel and have good nerd energy. monica lewinsky's feed is also a delight if you're looking for a kinder twitter experience.
    So many people were giving their takes. It was great. Twitter is good sometimes, in moderation lol. I love seeing the United front of fans. But it also exposes just how little people know about Gambits powers. It’s actually a good thing. It means people will be surprised when people talk about him

anyway, i love this guy:

"So #storm vs #gambit . To me thats like comparing wonder woman to green arrow . Two totally valid characters with two totally fandoms that work well together ."

That's a really good way of looking at it. I always cringe whenever I see people comparing superheroes like that. Unless the two characters are really similar (like Namor vs Aquaman), it's always going to be apples and oranges
    Make Good Art

anyway, i love this guy:

I have a piece from Peter Nguyen and I LOVE it!!!

I guess he worked on WatXM.

Who's excited to have Gambit back on the screen?!

https://www.thewrap.com/x-men-97-199...d-series-2023/

Ok so what is the over under on episodes before Gambit is killed off or leaves the new X-men 97 series?

I would set it at 3.5.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Ok so what is the over under on episodes before Gambit is killed off or leaves the new X-men 97 series?

I would set it at 3.5.
    What makes you think either scenario will happen?
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds