Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ah. Now that “ride dat big fella like a four-wheela” comment makes a bit more sense. Lol.
    Definetely

Ah. Now that “ride dat big fella like a four-wheela” comment makes a bit more sense. Lol.
    I think your original “this is where my mind went” statement says a lot about you. And I love it. LOL. Juggernaut??

So from M Liu we got the cats. Asmus gave us the: oops, my shirt got ripped, burned, eaten by a dragon, or removed for no reason ongoing joke. Give them both a medal.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

What the f@&$? Ha. And I have no context for that photo since I don’t know where it’s from, which makes it even funnier. Are they about to have a threesome with Juggernaut or something!? The X-office may be taking this whole polyamory thing too far if so…
    Ugh, please don't give them ideas
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Zachary Levi Says He Really Wanted to Play Gambit
    https://movieweb.com/x-men-gambit-zachary-levi/

"I really wanted to be Gambit for a long time, that would be super dope. He was actually my favorite X-Men [character] for a long time. Like all my buddies wanna be Wolverine [when] we’d all play outside [as kids]. Maybe I had some kind of stick that I pretended to be a bow [staff] that I charged and threw my charged cards at everybody… I was born in Louisiana… so I was always like, ‘That’s my guy!’ So then I had these dreams of, 'Oh my god, maybe I can be Gambit.' And then, you know… that didn’t happen. But again, it wasn’t supposed to. Because I get to be this guy [Shazam]. And this guy’s super fun.”
    At least 3 different people have come out saying they want to play him. Makes me wonder if they are in the casting phase for Gambit. Maybe they are putting out casting calls or something atm

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    At least 3 different people have come out saying they want to play him. Makes me wonder if they are in the casting phase for Gambit. Maybe they are putting out casting calls or something atm
    If there were a casting call than scoopers already would release it.
    They just know that soon X-Men will be in MCU like everyone else.

Mighty Member

If there were a casting call than scoopers already would release it.
    They just know that soon X-Men will be in MCU like everyone else.
    Not if it’s early stages. I know there are websites for industry people to find casting news but they aren’t always talked about because the name of the production isn’t put on the websites. I remember the Witcher having some controversy when people found the casting listing on one of those casting websites.

It’s too much of a coincidence that 3 people, possibly more we haven’t heard of, is talking about Gambit like this. I think it’s starting with the casting. I don’t think they’ve casted anyone yet but are starting the search

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Not if it’s early stages. I know there are websites for industry people to find casting news but they aren’t always talked about because the name of the production isn’t put on the websites. I remember the Witcher having some controversy when people found the casting listing on one of those casting websites.

It’s too much of a coincidence that 3 people, possibly more we haven’t heard of, is talking about Gambit like this. I think it’s starting with the casting. I don’t think they’ve casted anyone yet but are starting the search
    Casting for a TV series or movie? I read recently that Gambit may get a Disney+ show. Or are you referring to an inevitable future MCU movie where Gambit will be in?

If Gambit will ever get a solo MCU project I hope it is a movie. Most D+ shows has a huge gap in quality compared with movies.

Not sure how big of a issue it would be but Gambits powers might cost a bit. So for a D+ series we would need to see him use his powers and that would cost money. Most shows usually have close combat fights without many explosions or energy effects.

Perhaps this is a non issue for today’s budgets and special effects.

When I think of a gambit series it involves both fight choreography and powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Not sure how big of a issue it would be but Gambits powers might cost a bit. So for a D+ series we would need to see him use his powers and that would cost money.
    How much did it cost to produce something like Gambit: Playing for Keeps?

Gambit: Playing for Keeps is fine but only as a fan made video. His powers in movies must be huge and like grenades in comics. I don`t want to see more of Origins petards.
    We need Shang-Chi level of action awesomeness and it can be don only in movie.

His action and explosions must be as good as here.
    Tatum intro cameo in Free Guy. Just imagine charged cards thrown instead of gun shots

Last edited by Purplevit; 12-06-2021 at 06:28 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Casting for a TV series or movie? I read recently that Gambit may get a Disney+ show. Or are you referring to an inevitable future MCU movie where Gambit will be in?
    We heard Disney+ show a long time ago but haven’t heard from much about it. All we heard was something like an old show like Maverick with a New Orleans twist. I checked and found out it’s like a old western show where a guy goes around helping people I think

As for shows according to IGN the budgets for Disney+ shows aren’t horrible they are around 100-150 million which is still really good but obviously the movies will take that extra 50 million. Then again too much money can sometimes be a bad thing. Deadpool showed that. I think if they gonna put Pyg and Candra you won’t need too much budget for them.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09...-movie-budgets

Gambits effects shouldnt cost that much. First even in the comics he probably spent more time H2H fighting than he did charging cards. In addition, given he rarely kills, he is likely to shy away from many deadly explosions.

So not like he would be blowing up stuff every episode. I would envision something more like the Asmus series where he used his powers for less explosive endeavors like causing things to disintegrate without an explosion which makes more sense as he is a thief.

I would envision something more akin to a heist a week show with exploring his mythology as a backdrop with the big fights and explosions saved for 3 or 4 epiodes in a 8-10 episode season when he faces off against the main antagonist.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mighty Member

Gambit: Playing for Keeps is fine but only as a fan made video. His powers in movies must be huge and like grenades in comics. I don`t want to see more of Origins petards.
    We need Shang-Chi level of action awesomeness and it can be don only in movie.

His action and explosions must be as good as here.
    Tatum intro cameo in Free Guy. Just imagine charged cards thrown instead of gun shots

Free guy was 120 million budget. I mean obviously that budget is going to be different for an hour and 1h45m movie vs a show. But yeah that was a fun movie.

For Gambit play for keeps i remember I found the VFX guy I think on twitch or YouTube. I remember following him hoping to see him live and ask him about the budget