Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That would be nice. I'm still interested to see when this is set since CC is so anti-Krakoa
    Claremont’s Gambit sucks ass. Now if it were Fabian’s Gambit… that I could get behind.

That would be nice. I'm still interested to see when this is set since CC is so anti-Krakoa
    Gambit gets a solo whenever writers on the main title do a hack-job on poor Remy's character. It's like character-rehab.

Antarctica --> FabNic's solo.
    DeathFart --> Asmus solo.
    Excalibur --> Oh...sh!t. Call in the big guns. We need to rebuild from the ground up. Get Claremont on the horn.

I like CC's Gambit, he is charming and upbeat and fun. I don't like when he's used to prop up Claremazons though. If it's a solo, at least he won't be playing second-fiddle to...other female characters he is commonly paired with.

BUDDY HEIST CAPER PLEEEEASE.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Gambit gets a solo whenever writers on the main title do a hack-job on poor Remy's character. It's like character-rehab.

Antarctica --> FabNic's solo.
    DeathFart --> Asmus solo.
    Excalibur --> Oh...sh!t. Call in the big guns. We need to rebuild from the ground up. Get Claremont on the horn.

I like CC's Gambit, he is charming and upbeat and fun. I don't like when he's used to prop up Claremazons though. If it's a solo, at least he won't be playing second-fiddle to...other female characters he is commonly paired with.

BUDDY HEIST CAPER PLEEEEASE.
    You're not wrong! It's like Marvel knows when we're close to being done with them so they have to set out more bait to entice us back lol

Would you want to see him on a buddy heist with an X-Man or non-X-Man?
    Make Good Art

You're not wrong! It's like Marvel knows when we're close to being done with them so they have to set out more bait to entice us back lol

Would you want to see him on a buddy heist with an X-Man or non-X-Man?
    it's true, excalibur has accomplished what so many other writers have tried and failed at - made me dislike my favorite character.

re: buddy caper.

uhm...lemme think. are we talking a concurrent title or does this happen in the past?

who do you want?

it's true, excalibur has accomplished what so many other writers have tried and failed at - made me dislike my favorite character.

uhm...lemme think. are we talking a concurrent title or does this happen in the past?

who do you want?
    Personally I hope it is concurrent, but I don't see it happening. It ill probably be in the past. I just want the book to have some kind of consequence in the present 616. Ultimately, I just hope its not an alternate universe that gets forgotten in a month or two.

who do you want?
    Hmm, let's say either or. Whichever sounds more interesting to you.

I like the idea of Daredevil turning to Gambit for help in stealing something. The thought of Gambit making Daredevil sweat a little for helping him with something illegal could be fun.
    Make Good Art

Hmm, let's say either or. Whichever sounds more interesting to you.

I like the idea of Daredevil turning to Gambit for help in stealing something. The thought of Gambit making Daredevil sweat a little for helping him with something illegal could be fun.
    You are speaking my love language. Matty is my #2 guy! I love that they are both “devils,” one dare devil, one le diable blanc.

I agree with Romy134, I would like a concurrent title. But if we’re looking for someone outside of the x-titles, then I’ll pick Beetle from Spider-Man. She’s Tombstone’s daughter and I imagine the guy would be less than happy to hear Gambit is hanging out with daddy’s little girl. Also she’s hot and loves explosions and doing sketchy things to get what she wants. At the same time she’s considered going straight.

Mighty Member

My main reasons for wanting him off the book were

1. The bad writing
    2. Lack of progression
    3. No chemistry with the team
    4. My lack of interest in the magic stuff
    5. Lack of highlight moments
    6. No tension
    7. Lack of other A tier characters around them.

I really am considering cheering for just shelving him. Let him rest for a bit. Wait for someone who wants him to come along and revitalize him. Cause I’m kinda done at this point. You’re not gonna bait me like this Marvel. Be better

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    My main reasons for wanting him off the book were

1. The bad writing
    2. Lack of progression
    3. No chemistry with the team
    4. My lack of interest in the magic stuff
    5. Lack of highlight moments
    6. No tension
    7. Lack of other A tier characters around them.

I really am considering cheering for just shelving him. Let him rest for a bit. Wait for someone who wants him to come along and revitalize him. Cause I’m kinda done at this point. You’re not gonna bait me like this Marvel. Be better
    Yeah I agree. If you disregard all my other critiques of Excalibur we still have the roster.

* Shatterstar is in. Good for Rictor primarily so he can let go of Apocalypse.
    * Rachel is in. Primarily for Betsy seeing how Tini might be building towards some romance there.
    * Bel, the arakki who always win. Married to Doug. No clear character ties with anyone seeing as she is a new character.

There are no obvious friendships or interactions being set up here for Gambit. Quite the opposite. The characters who have left have instead have ties with him. Apocalypse was an enemy. Jubilee a friend. Rogue of course being his wife.

Gambit just feels like a remnant from the past in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yeah I agree. If you disregard all my other critiques of Excalibur we still have the roster.

* Rachel is in. Primarily for Betsy seeing how Tini might be building towards some romance there.
    * Bel, the arakki who always win. Married to Doug. No clear character ties with anyone seeing as she is a new character.

There are no obvious friendships or interactions being set up here for Gambit. Quite the opposite. The characters who have left have instead have ties with him. Apocalypse was an enemy. Jubilee a friend. Rogue of course being his wife.

but...so many more characters to stand in the background and tell Betsy how AMAZING she is!

Gambit's one thing he's allowed to have. Cats.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 8.29.28 AM.jpg

After reading this, I know it's just going to be more of the same in April.

Gambit has a perfectly legit reason to be in the book. So there can be more *wink wink* hints to Howard fans who are desperate to speculate about characters' sexual orientations ad nauseam on twitter.

Gambit's been tossed into books with other characters he has no prior established relationships with, All New X-Factor, X-23. The authors took the time to make the characters make sense together, build relationships. Gambit is JUST THERE in Excalibur.

You are speaking my love language. Matty is my #2 guy! I love that they are both “devils,” one dare devil, one le diable blanc.

I agree with Romy134, I would like a concurrent title. But if we’re looking for someone outside of the x-titles, then I’ll pick Beetle from Spider-Man. She’s Tombstone’s daughter and I imagine the guy would be less than happy to hear Gambit is hanging out with daddy’s little girl. Also she’s hot and loves explosions and doing sketchy things to get what she wants. At the same time she’s considered going straight.
    Right? DD is such a great character!

Ooo. I like that idea. I don't know a ton about Beetle but I vaguely remember her when I was still reading Spidey. I always really liked her costume and have a soft spot for reformed villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

This reason alone makes me worried she's going to try to kill him off while they're still over in Otherworld.
    Make Good Art

FGrG9RHXwAEcRYi.jpg

So I asked the new artist for KoX Bob Quinn for some Remy art from the new book.

That's pretty cool of him. I like the scruff!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    FGrG9RHXwAEcRYi.jpg

So I asked the new artist for KoX Bob Quinn for some Remy art from the new book.
    Gambit looks like he's feeling down...must be missing his cats.

Scruff is back! Also...nudity?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    FGrG9RHXwAEcRYi.jpg

Stupid sexy Gambit