Page 242 of 259 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3875

A sneak peak of Cruz's pencils in tomorrow's annual.

https://twitter.com/rogercruzbr/stat...491588/photo/1

Thanks

I see So they were posted yesterday. I saw it weird because I started following Roger Cruz some time ago
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-30-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Fantastic Member

So just read the Robin Annual

spoilers:
    Basically it's just the origin stories of the opponents, Ravager's one is basically Respawn stole Grant's stuff. Flatine's origin is basically take the memory of the dead, which is interesting. Just wanted to talk about the Epilogue, Batman - Deathstroke - Robin crossover. So it's Batman against Deathstroke/Talia against Robin/Ravager. And also, considering Damian only now knows about the tracking device, I'm pretty sure Bruce knows. Anyway, enjoyable, hope to see the next issue.
    end of spoilers

Robin annual was interesting

spoilers:
    Flatline is in part like Rose and inherit her grandfather(who was KGB experiment) skill making her the 2nd confirmed killer in her family
    Saving her family from her grandfather old contacts and they left her?? They prefered by killed?
    I was not expecting that her awaken skills will change her like that
    lol That Lord Death man allowed her to train even with him as the victim for then use her fow what he wanted and sell her as the Lazarus League Champion

NOT SURPRISED that Black Swan(she looks superbeautiful) has BAD Tempter but I would had liked more content

NO DATA from Respawn but Rose visits one old Slade hideout and someone stole one of GRANT costumes
    So the League of Shadows probably only trained Connor during some months??
    ALFRED looked ANGRY this time when he made impossible be tracked

What a form to say HI to your father. You do not care about any of your subbordinates life Talia. As if 2 random assasins can kill him
    end of spoilers

Damn. Not only Ra´s will come in Damian help?? I was fine only with him
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-30-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Well, seeing Flatline's background was pretty interesting. And got more of the "What are Rose and Jason up to?" running gag.

Overall, pretty much a case file issue. But still pretty good.

YEAH

The preview confused me

I though that her family made her visit the psychologist initially

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Great art.

The annual was good. Not great. Good.

Astonishing Member

I thought as just a place to put a couple of shorty bios this was a fine addition to the ongoing storyline. The art was quite nice. Back in the day those profile pages would've just warranted an extra page at the end of each of the first handful of issues, but slap a little narrative glue between them and it's, well, less an Annual and more a Secret Files & Origins one-shot, but a perfectly alright "place" to put some of this info. And I never hate when a run, if it's good enough to collect later, has bonus stuff like Secret Files and such.

Respawn getting a "too be continued" is fine and completely expected - as we know Williamson is building to a storyline that features the just broader DCU Martial Arts areas, with the Assassins, various Leagues, Leviathan, and is doing Deathstroke and Black Canary, this was what I expected. I will say I didn't necessarily think "Grant" connection. I did when I first saw the character, but he's far too young (and puny) to be the first Ravager. And I liked that the "Respawn" secret file is just a Ravager side-quest but maintains her connection with Jason because I've been shipping Jason & Rose for a hot minute.

Flatline is the most interesting but that's partially because I'm a Lord Death Man junkie and she has a great costume and the power-set makes good sense for why she'd pair up with him. It appears their entire training/relationship basically just took place sometime very shortly after the last time we saw Lord Death Man ... which I think was ... Talon? Or Batman Eternal. It's been a while.

I like that for Hawke's Williamson's just like "oh yeah I mean ... he got Doctor Manhattaned, simple as that".
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I thought as just a place to put a couple of shorty bios this was a fine addition to the ongoing storyline. The art was quite nice. Back in the day those profile pages would've just warranted an extra page at the end of each of the first handful of issues, but slap a little narrative glue between them and it's, well, less an Annual and more a Secret Files & Origins one-shot, but a perfectly alright "place" to put some of this info. And I never hate when a run, if it's good enough to collect later, has bonus stuff like Secret Files and such.

Respawn getting a "too be continued" is fine and completely expected - as we know Williamson is building to a storyline that features the just broader DCU Martial Arts areas, with the Assassins, various Leagues, Leviathan, and is doing Deathstroke and Black Canary, this was what I expected. I will say I didn't necessarily think "Grant" connection. I did when I first saw the character, but he's far too young (and puny) to be the first Ravager. And I liked that the "Respawn" secret file is just a Ravager side-quest but maintains her connection with Jason because I've been shipping Jason & Rose for a hot minute.

Flatline is the most interesting but that's partially because I'm a Lord Death Man junkie and she has a great costume and the power-set makes good sense for why she'd pair up with him. It appears their entire training/relationship basically just took place sometime very shortly after the last time we saw Lord Death Man ... which I think was ... Talon? Or Batman Eternal. It's been a while.

I like that for Hawke's Williamson's just like "oh yeah I mean ... he got Doctor Manhattaned, simple as that".
    Pretty Much all this.

I enjoyed the issue and the set up for deathstroke, LOA/batman clash was well done. I'd forgotten that was coming up

Extraordinary Member

Lucifer would be a great villain for Damian

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Lucifer would be a great villain for Damian
    As in Morning Star? The Dc character?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

The "Immortal ABS" is a clickbait Well, great to know that Al Ghul family still threw mooks to be uselessly killed as their ritual of greeting each other

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    As in Morning Star? The Dc character?
    yes

there are many dc characters who have cheated death nut none has dipped thier hand into the pool more then the al ghouls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    yes

there are many dc characters who have cheated death nut none has dipped thier hand into the pool more then the al ghouls.
    So, having probably the 2nd most powerful character in all of DC as their "antagonist" is the idea? Er, how about slicing that down several notches to Darkseid or Trigon? That's a more fair match.