Page 12 of 259 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Turn down the edge a bit buddy. I literally don't understand how that is your takeaway from Damian's stories.
    I think different fans can have different perspective about a character, it's normal. And for people who have different takes, it's understandable that they can't understand each other.

And I think it's too early for us to judge. As per solicitation, he's nowhere get his Robin mantle back as Batman's sidekick, more like he creates his own version of Robin title.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That's why the little moments that he can act like a kid are so good.
    true, but it also makes sense that those moments are pretty few and far between, especially as he's entering adolescence and his teens. the older he gets, I can see Damian feeling more justified in his "adult complex".
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Damian is a child soldier, yes, he started at the darkest of dark, which is why the character development I want is for him to be less and less that. That doesn't mean there isn't gonna be bumps or withdrawals, and maybe in a long form storytelling, the withdrawal can last a while, but there should be a progressive change.

(I'm no longer talking about Robinhood or not right now but the way DC tell their story and yeah, I realize we're talking about corporate comics who likes to keep things the same, but I'm not lowering my standard.)

...Bruce is his own problem.

Astonishing Member

It seems like DC wants once again to promote Robin not just as a sidekick or a Titans member, but as a more independent character with his own stories and support cast. Just like they did with Tim many years ago.
    They, obviously, don't have any faith in Tim, so they decided to invest in Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It seems like DC wants once again to promote Robin not just as a sidekick or a Titans member, but as a more independent character with his own stories and support cast. Just like they did with Tim many years ago.
    They, obviously, don't have any faith in Tim, so they decided to invest in Damian.
    It's the same case with Superboy, like Conner's Superboy on Suicide Squad and Jon's Superboy on Superman/Action Comics maybe. With three Batgirl, West twins come back but Wallace still there and Wally's redemption, I think next era will be focused on multiple holder of legacy title. Looks like Tim will be Robin on Gotham, next Batman writer is Tynion after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I think different fans can have different perspective about a character, it's normal. And for people who have different takes, it's understandable that they can't understand each other.

And I think it's too early for us to judge. As per solicitation, he's nowhere get his Robin mantle back as Batman's sidekick, more like he creates his own version of Robin title.
    Tell that to the guy who insisted I was "lying to myself"

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Solicitations are coming out in two days and Joshua Williamson posted a Damian gif, can't wait to see what we'll be getting exactly.
    I'm hoping for a Damian solo.
    Looks like you called it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Should've shown the full cover and not the cropped version.
    I don't hate the costume.

I am less than impressed with the color choices.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I don't hate the costume.

I'm not too keen on the costume or the colours myself. Also he looks younger somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Also he looks younger somehow
    That's been a common thing with him ever since Rebirth. He'll look anywhere between 10 and 14 depending on the artist. One of the only times he really looked like a teenager to me was in an early issue of King's Batman books. I don't really mind. It works for the short man complex he's always had lol

That said, I think 14 is probably the last year DC can get away with that. And even then, it's pushing it. Puberty is really taking its sweet time with him. Though I've often theorized that he came back to life at the same age he was when he died. So that might be the issue too. He's 13/14 but he very well could be a year behind, physically, depending on how long he was dead for.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-14-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Completely agree. After Red Hood, Red Robin, Batwoman, and now even Grifter and Clownhunter, we seriously don't need another red-themed costume on Batfam.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Completely agree. After Red Hood, Red Robin, Batwoman, and now even Grifter and Clownhunter, we seriously don't need another red-themed costume on Batfam.
    It's not red though. That costume is mostly grey.

A post from Gleb's twitter

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...811725316?s=20

This costume just looks better and better with each new pic
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-14-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's not red though. That costume is mostly grey.

A post from Gleb's twitter

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...811725316?s=20

This costume just looks better and better with each new pic
    I don't know what it is, but the grey looks better here.
    The old Robin cape still doesn't match the rest of the costume though.

Yeah the cape does throw it off a bit, doesn't it? I honestly wouldn't mind if they just said "**** it" and got rid of the cape or replaced it with a hood. But that could just be my general dislike for capes.

Extraordinary Member

Maya is coming back
    We might even seen Jon and Colin