Page 214 of 248 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3717
  1. #3196
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Anyone seen the Robins Issue 1?

    spoilers:
    So there's a First Robin that's not Dick. Well entertaining start isn't it
    end of spoilers
    dont need the spoiler that preview came out 4 months ago, its probably some psycho batnerd stalker who considers themselves the real Robin.
    Combine Syndrome from Incredibles and Tim drake from Titans. Should still be fun

  2. #3197
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    927

    Default

    https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...13365044486149
    It seems like Damian will be wearing Batman's Hellbat armor in Super Sons special.

  3. #3198
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...13365044486149
    It seems like Damian will be wearing Batman's Hellbat armor in Super Sons special.
    I saw it before in twitter but... How weird.

    What kind of threat can force him to use that armor??
    Batman(Darkseid), Lois Lane(Eradicator)

    Anyway. I will receive the answer here after you see it.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-18-2021 at 08:57 AM.

  4. #3199
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Well that kind of sucks because I had a pitch that Damian steals the Hellbat armor to go to Earth-3 and rescue Jon, paralleling the time Bruce went to Apokolips to resurrect Damian. Now it just feels cheap for the sake of "Look at this cool thing!"

  5. #3200
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jon appeared in Young Justice as had Damian, superman is always at a late dating early engagement phase with Lois, not enough time for a baby in any of the animated series.
    Perhaps, its did have a good reception and since people keep chanting for young jon to come back this is their way to do it, and if its beloved maybe we get a full on animate series of SuperSons.

    Jason didn't appear in animation for decades despite his connection to batman
    Officially, Under the Red Hood was the first, I believe. Though "Tim" in BTAS was Jason in all but name (execs said no to using Jason's name).

    Unofficially, many believe that Red X from the animated Teen Titans series was Jason.

  6. #3201
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Well that kind of sucks because I had a pitch that Damian steals the Hellbat armor to go to Earth-3 and rescue Jon, paralleling the time Bruce went to Apokolips to resurrect Damian. Now it just feels cheap for the sake of "Look at this cool thing!"
    Its very unfortunate. Unless of course its the reveal that the fake is, indeed, a fake, with Damian going all out to stop him. And THEN heads to Earth 3 to rescue real Jon.

  7. #3202
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...13365044486149
    It seems like Damian will be wearing Batman's Hellbat armor in Super Sons special.
    That's awesome. I can't wait for this movie and the special.

    I get why some prefer Jon to be deaged and why Supersons shippers can be off putting but I'm getting annoyed at the constant pissing on anything to do with TeenJon and Damian.

    Damian's sales as a solo act has always performed better than Supersons [OG and later series].
    The version of Supersons that have been the most successful are the grownup versions from Dceased.

    Kid Jon isn't as profitable [might change] as Teen Jon and isn't as versatile. Not to mention that Supersons dynamic that most want brought back is dependent on Damian's character remaining static.

    The fact that so many fan keep suggesting that Damian be aged up to match Jon tells me that majority of the Superesons fanbase don't know or care about Damian Wayne or comics.

    Supersons can work with Superman and Robin.

  8. #3203
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That's awesome. I can't wait for this movie and the special.

    I get why some prefer Jon to be deaged and why Supersons shippers can be off putting but I'm getting annoyed at the constant pissing on anything to do with TeenJon and Damian.

    Damian's sales as a solo act has always performed better than Supersons [OG and later series].
    The version of Supersons that have been the most successful are the grownup versions from Dceased.

    Kid Jon isn't as profitable [might change] as Teen Jon and isn't as versatile. Not to mention that Supersons dynamic that most want brought back is dependent on Damian's character remaining static.

    The fact that so many fan keep suggesting that Damian be aged up to match Jon tells me that majority of the Superesons fanbase don't know or care about Damian Wayne or comics.

    Supersons can work with Superman and Robin.
    It absolutely can, things haven’t changed much except Jon shaves now.
    Damian is still smarted and more experienced and the mutual respect between them is intact


    5B6F4F4B-03B9-429D-B615-F5088C9A3D43.jpg

    When was the last DC book handing out smackdowns like this
    I need this to be animated and by a proper studio

  9. #3204
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian's sales as a solo act has always performed better than Supersons [OG and later series].
    What does sales have to do with anything? Both can co-exist and not invalidate each other. The original Young Justice comic was published alongside the solo books of Superboy, Robin, and Impulse and no one said anything disparaging about the other. In fact, they probably enhanced each other because they were published in tandem.

    The version of Supersons that have been the most successful are the grownup versions from Dceased.
    That's a bit misleading. DCeased was successful on its own merits. The inclusion of the Jon and Damian was a highlight, sure, but certainly not a main selling point. It's like saying Black Canary is the most popular Green Lantern because DCeased sold more than the average GL book. Plus, DCeased was its own independent work that has no bearing on the main universe and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot.

    Kid Jon isn't as profitable [might change] as Teen Jon and isn't as versatile.
    Wow, every word of that sentence is wrong. Kid Jon is infinitely more versatile than teen Jon ever would be. Jon as a kid had an infinite number of directions to go in and by aging him up, DC cemented him into one direction and that direction was to be a carbon copy of his father. Aged up Jon is the living embodiment of every single criticism, both valid and invalid, people had of Jon when he was first introduced.

    Every single story that has aged up Jon in it is actively diminished by his inclusion. Conversely, if Jon was a kid, those stories would actually be enhanced because Jon being a kid character is a rarity and offers a genuinely new angle and perspective that aged up Jon is physically incapable of bringing.

    Not to mention that Supersons dynamic that most want brought back is dependent on Damian's character remaining static.
    No? Where the hell are you getting that from? Damian may have seemed static, but it's only because Super Sons was the reward for Damian's past ten years of development and we simply got to bask in and enjoy this new period in Damian's life. That by no means should be construed as wanting Damian to stay the same and in fact means that people want to see more of this Damian and how he'll grow from Jon's positive influence. Dick worked wonders on Damian, now it was Jon's turn.

    The fact that so many fan keep suggesting that Damian be aged up to match Jon tells me that majority of the Superesons fanbase don't know or care about Damian Wayne or comics.
    The people who suggest Damian should be aged up to match Jon are, as you said, people who don't read comics, but are by no means representative of even a minority of fans. They are on the fringes of comic fandom they can barely be described as comic book fans. They like the concept of what they think the characters are, but not the actual characters.

    Supersons can work with Superman and Robin.
    If that were true, then the issue by Tomasi and Bogdanovic would be called "Super Sons." But it's not.

  10. #3205
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It absolutely can, things haven’t changed much except Jon shaves now.
    Damian is still smarted and more experienced and the mutual respect between them is intact
    Just because DC refuses to acknowledge that things should have changed between Damian and Jon since Jon was aged up doesn't mean you don't have to either. You do not have to accept mediocrity.

  11. #3206
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    What does sales have to do with anything? Both can co-exist and not invalidate each other. The original Young Justice comic was published alongside the solo books of Superboy, Robin, and Impulse and no one said anything disparaging about the other. In fact, they probably enhanced each other because they were published in tandem.



    That's a bit misleading. DCeased was successful on its own merits. The inclusion of the Jon and Damian was a highlight, sure, but certainly not a main selling point. It's like saying Black Canary is the most popular Green Lantern because DCeased sold more than the average GL book. Plus, DCeased was its own independent work that has no bearing on the main universe and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot.



    Wow, every word of that sentence is wrong. Kid Jon is infinitely more versatile than teen Jon ever would be. Jon as a kid had an infinite number of directions to go in and by aging him up, DC cemented him into one direction and that direction was to be a carbon copy of his father. Aged up Jon is the living embodiment of every single criticism, both valid and invalid, people had of Jon when he was first introduced.

    Every single story that has aged up Jon in it is actively diminished by his inclusion. Conversely, if Jon was a kid, those stories would actually be enhanced because Jon being a kid character is a rarity and offers a genuinely new angle and perspective that aged up Jon is physically incapable of bringing.



    No? Where the hell are you getting that from? Damian may have seemed static, but it's only because Super Sons was the reward for Damian's past ten years of development and we simply got to bask in and enjoy this new period in Damian's life. That by no means should be construed as wanting Damian to stay the same and in fact means that people want to see more of this Damian and how he'll grow from Jon's positive influence. Dick worked wonders on Damian, now it was Jon's turn.



    The people who suggest Damian should be aged up to match Jon are, as you said, people who don't read comics, but are by no means representative of even a minority of fans. They are on the fringes of comic fandom they can barely be described as comic book fans. They like the concept of what they think the characters are, but not the actual characters.



    If that were true, then the issue by Tomasi and Bogdanovic would be called "Super Sons." But it's not.
    Bro you do you. It's your hill.

    me?

    I enjoyed The supersons together as Robin and Superman in Action and Son of Kal El.
    I enjoyed the Challenge of the Superson's which was published after Jon Kent was magically aged up
    I'm looking forward to the [/Superson's[/b] as Robin and Superboy in the animated movie battle of the Supersons.
    I'm looking forward to the Supersons in Superman and Robin [that should end the recent rumblings/HC about Damian being homophobic that surfaced since Tim came out]


    I stand my what I said.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-18-2021 at 04:23 PM.

  12. #3207
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Bro you do you. It's your hill.
    Agreed. I'll bitch and moan, but that should not stop people from reading and buying the books they want to read.

  13. #3208
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Agreed. I'll bitch and moan, but that should not stop people from reading and buying the books they want to read.
    That's fair enough.

  14. #3209
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    7,651

    Default

    lol... Damian vs Connor fight image was already posted here.

  15. #3210
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Officially, Under the Red Hood was the first, I believe. Though "Tim" in BTAS was Jason in all but name (execs said no to using Jason's name).

    Unofficially, many believe that Red X from the animated Teen Titans series was Jason.
    So yeah for decades

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •