Page 185 of 259 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I did actually. Thought the guy voicing Damian sounded a little like Yuri Lowenthal lol
    Yuri did voice him in Batman: Ninja...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    My statement was of course a little exaggerated, but the treatment of Tim and Jason in stuff like Robin War or Tomasis Batman and Robin often felt like that. (Or Tom Kings rating of their combat skills on twitter, which is something that the main Batman writer should not do in the first place ...)

Btw. not that B&RE was much better in that regard. Only that in case of that series it was Dick and Harper.
    How exactly did Tomasi's Batman and Robin run give you the impression that Tim doesn't matter and Jason is an idiot?
    Considering that Tomasi could have simply not included them I think they showed up quite a lot and not in a bad way if you look at the run as a whole.
    Tomasi's Bruce wanted an official family portrait with everyone who was part of the Wayne family at the time (sans Jason because he was still officially dead), not just with Damian.
    Yes, Damian did beat Jason and Tim, but he also had to be saved by them not too long afterwards.
    Many people forget that a lot of the tension in the family during the arc after Damian's death has less to do with Damian dying and more with the fallout from death of the family. Also, Tomasi is hardly the first one who wrote Bruce being an ass and isolating himself after the death of a loved one.
    I really don't get why so many people miss that we are not supposed to agree with Bruce in that arc. Tim is not the bad guy in the story where Bruce tried to find out if he could revive Damian by turning him into Frankenstein's monster. Jason is not an idiot when he gets angry at Bruce for trying to make him remember his death and resurrection. Bruce is the idiot, the *******, the bad guy. He realizes this by the end of the arc and apologizes when he calls all of them together before he goes to apokolips. He trusts all of them to watch over the city in case he doesn't make it back.
    Tomasi also wrote all of them following Bruce to help him.
    The run was probably the closest we got to Bruce working together with the family in the New 52 that I can think of and it didn't had to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Tim is not the bad guy in the story where Bruce tried to find out if he could revive Damian by turning him into Frankenstein's monster.
    Forgot about it.. Make him a frankenstein MONSTER.. and this man is the one against use LAZARUS PITS to revive Damian or Alfred.

Was he against Lazarus Pit for Damian? I thought he was just exploring every possible "solution".

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Was he against Lazarus Pit for Damian? I thought he was just exploring every possible "solution".
    At that point of the story he had accepted that Damian was dead and was only trying to get the body back from Ra's.
    He was also worried about the risks and lingering problems the pits can cause (he also wanted to test out the frankenstein-revival-method on other dead bodies first before performing it on Damian, Bruce was bordering on insane in his grief but he wasn't completely reckless).

Ra's also planned to use a special pit (where do these special pits always come from?) that would have erased Talia's and Damian's memories. Ra's wanted to bring them both back under his control.

It wasn't until Bruce touched the chaos shard (that thing he used to bring back Damian in the end), which caused him to see a vision of the future (don't ask, I can't explain it either) and a way to bring Damian back, that Bruce decided he would attempt to bring him back once more. Plus, the guys from apokolips stole Damian's coffin/corpse so he had to go there anyway.

Has Bruce said anything about reviving Alfred? I don't remember anything like that. I just assumed that the in-universe reason is that Alfred was already an old man when he died and not a 10 year old boy so Bruce kinda accepted his death more easily.

Last edited by dietrich; 09-14-2021 at 02:29 AM.

Batman 666 returned in Batman:Urban Legends 7.. Another apocalypsis in Gotham City.

Batman 666 Damian Wayne.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-14-2021 at 02:53 AM.

It was a fun story, happens some time after Hurt nukes the Gotham that we saw back in Damian 666 focused Batman Inc. issue. Ending was a bit surprising, but I guess it just further drills the point that Damian 666 is really "out there".

What most surprised me is this woman(mentioned in Batman 666) talked like if she was Batman 666 Joe Chill(who created him)..

Batman 666 Damian Wayne vs loveless.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-14-2021 at 04:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

After a massive break-out at Arkham Asylum, Batman and his team are on a mission to bring all the escapees back to Arkham. First on the list is Clayface! Using social media, Batgirl taps into an informal network to track Clayface throughout the city. This inspires Penny-One to create a more organized network of informants and spies called Knightwatch!

Available now

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Batman 666 returned in Batman:Urban Legends 7.. Another apocalypsis in Gotham City.

Batman 666 Damian Wayne.jpg
    Wasn't aware of this. Is this this week's Urban Legends?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    ?????

What do you mean? All the Lazarus Pits were gone except for the one beneath Nanda Parbat that would erase memories and became available because of the Trinity War/Forever Evil events. That was a carryover from Pre-Flashpoint. It was also loosely linked King's Omega Men, which hinted that the Lazarus Pits were Stellarium and essential for a planet's core stability. Which was a nod to the Legion future where we learn that every planet has a Lazarus Pit core, and Ra's eventually merges with it to inhabit all planets at once.

Damian's actions in Robin: Son of Batman restored the Lazarus Heart and therefore all of the extinct Pits.

Switch to digital, dude. It makes it easier to read and reread comics plus it's cheaper. Which means you don't have to get your information from gossip sites and embrace meta ignorance. You can go straight to the source with ease. Although there is the downside of the comic being edited after you purchase it, like happened with King's run and what they did to the Detective Comics Annual where Damian almost got raped.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Wasn't aware of this. Is this this week's Urban Legends?
    YEAH... The 7 issue is this week issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Detective Comics Annual where Damian almost got raped.
    What the ****?

WTF.. I do not remember that annual but sounds like a TERRIBLE WAY to describe something.

Happy for the Batgirls comic but..

Please. I need to read Robin December solicitation. I still have to wait almost 2 weeks for more Robin content.