Page 238 of 259 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah I'm honestly hoping a lot of the vilification of this kid ends here. Both Titans teams were a horrible time for him (though I think the first team COULD have worked under a better writer). King's Batman run was a horrible time for him (but...again, it could have worked. We just needed ONE person to tell him it wasn't his fault). Let's finally burry some of his unnecessary angst already. Just because he's Batman's son, it doesn't mean he has to be trapped in the same perpetual loop of depression that his old man is caught in.

Which is why I am SO incredibly happy Didio left before he could act out his grand plan for him. We didn't need to kill this character even more just so Jon can have his own "Magneto"

It would take A LOT to make me dislike Jason after Rebirth Outlaws. But Wallace and Roundhouse? **** 'em. I've hated Wallace since Percy's Titans run. Talks all that **** but got the nerve to be boring. Who the **** wants a boring Flash? He'll, unfortunately, continue to be around as long as there's Flash family stuff, but I'm hoping Roundhouse disappears once TTA ends. Just like 90% of every Titan who isn't a legacy character. He might as well, given the (thankfully) small role that he has in it.
    My favorite thing about this book is that it's not dragging Damian through all these negative experiences. These were all things that were done to him previously by bad writers and bad editorial. Instead, this book is doing what none of those writers and editors ever intended on doing, and that is using those past negative experiences as obstacles to overcome on his path of personal growth instead of justifications for unnatural character development. This book is doing what far too many writers are incapable of and this is building their characters back up after they had broken them down, except Williamson wasn't the one who broke Damian down, DC editorial was and they never intended for Williamson writing Robin to be the end result of their efforts. In fact, it's the exact opposite of what they intended to do.

Fantastic Member

Enjoyed the issue.

Damian being treated as a Shonen MC but reads Shoujo, wouldn't mind if they started treating him as an anime MC.

Though, I'm more curious on how will he use Nightwing's Baton.

I highly doubt Williamson/Gleb was trying sexualize Damian or cater to any shippers who want creepy pics of him. Pretty sure the intent wasn't fanservice. It's just an EXTREMELY common anime/action movie trope. And given my recent discovery about Gleb and how he's a Shaman King fan, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Tao Ren inspiration there. That dude is like the king of "Oh hey look a fight! Better take off my shirt!"

Ren and Damian are around the same age, and have VERY similar personalities and backstories. So I wouldn't be shocked if there was some correlation XD
    So who is his Tao Jun equivalent?

I thought Damian would win and think he should have won.
    There's a tendency to downplay Damian's ability, skills and history by both fans, mostly by fans who call him OP.

Robins are no slouch and Damian is the most skilled Robin.
    However I also like Connor and the character needs something that establishes to readers who started post flashpoint that he also is no slouch.

Damian doesn't really need the Best fighter award since he isn't and that is the real point of the story.

The action was top notch and the issue was packed with emotion. I hope this series doesn't get cut short like RSOB and I hope this team stays together. I like their dynamic.

This was a 9 out of 10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Yeah they really need to stop the revolving relationships with the female characters. It’s lazy and just kind of gross. I think Babs has been paired with most of the men in the Bat-fam at this point. Enough already. The Talia and Jason thing too, why not have them just bond over their shared tragedies. Their relationship was richer and more complex before Winnick put them in bed together. Fortunately I think Lobdell got rid of most of that.
    Yep.

Babs at this point is missing only Damian and Alfred. It's disgusting, disrespectful and boring.

Like you said it about very shallow. Talia and Jason relationship would be richer and fertile ground for future exploration without having the addition of that awkward mine field.

It didn't add anything, didn't lead to anything and other writers have seemingly made a point if avoiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So who is his Tao Jun equivalent?
    Hmmmm...good question....I guess if you wanted to stretch, his Tao Jun could have been that cousin he met in Percy's Titans. But who knows when she'll ever be seen again? Or if she'll ever be seen again.

Rose mght be a good Jun equivalent too. But she's a lot more useful in a fight than Jun, who...doesn't have the best track record lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-23-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Yep.

Babs at this point is missing only Damian and Alfred. It's disgusting, disrespectful and boring.

Like you said it about very shallow. Talia and Jason relationship would be richer and fertile ground for future exploration without having the addition of that awkward mine field.

It didn't add anything, didn't lead to anything and other writers have seemingly made a point if avoiding it.

You can rest assured that Babs won't be the cycled to Damian, cause very little interaction. However, Steph on the other hand....yeah, shippers will always find a way. Least it isn't Babs, dunno if it's worst though.

No one is ever going touch that Jason and Talia comic ever again, and I think writers wouldn't want Jason and Talia in the same room in the comics because of that.
    Gets real awkward, like that Nightwing and Catwoman one. Could have Talia and Jason angry at Bruce, like the Death in the Family DVD choose your own adventure movie.

Hmmmm...good question....I guess if you wanted to stretch, his Tao Jun could have been that cousin he met in Percy's Titans. But who knows when she'll ever be seen again? Or if she'll ever be seen again.

Rose mght be a good Jun equivalent too. But she's a lot more useful in a fight than Jun, who...doesn't have the best track record lol
    Other than that in comparison to anime and manga.

Seen some other people also say that and compare, more so joking, that since Damian reads Shoujo, a joke is that he'll sorta be like Tuxedo Mask.

I mean, already got a "Rose" and insults people, all he needs is to motivate like Dick Grayson.

This was fun, this issue was really fun, I'm just waiting for the tournament arc to be over, wanting to see Globe trotting Robin adventures.

Extraordinary Member

I thought Damian would win and think he should have won.
    There's a tendency to downplay Damian's ability, skills and history by both fans, mostly by fans who call him OP.

Robins are no slouch and Damian is the most skilled Robin.
    However I also like Connor and the character needs something that establishes to readers who started post flashpoint that he also is no slouch.

Damian doesn't really need the Best fighter award since he isn't and that is the real point of the story.

The action was top notch and the issue was packed with emotion. I hope this series doesn't get cut short like RSOB and I hope this team stays together. I like their dynamic.

This was a 9 out of 10 for me.
    Damian has certainly grown as a fighter. He came in second to Connor Hawke, that now bad either.

Damian also still a small child, just wait till his growth spurt. This wasnt a loss, since this tournament was not about victory but self discovery and
    stopping the the league of shadows and lazarus.
    DC's Fist
    Karate Kid
    Cass
    Shiva
    Richard Dragon
    Bronze Tiger

Bruce Wayne
    Dinah Lance
    Connor Hawke
    Dick Grayson
    David Cain (being nice)

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Seen some other people also say that and compare, more so joking, that since Damian reads Shoujo, a joke is that he'll sorta be like Tuxedo Mask.
    Oh God no. Whether it's the 90s show or Sailor Moon Crystal, nobody should aspire to be as bland and useless as Tuxedo Mask. Comparing Damian to him is an insult lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But this issue made me a little sad,

I think back to every issue of his titans run of his teammates calling Damian a monster a tyrant or that they hated him.
    To this day I still have no love for Roundhouse, OR Wallace kidflash, Jason blaming Damian at the wake didnt help either.
    I get he can be abrasive and loud but he is still a kid and the things thease older people are saying to him are gonna effect him. He is just good at suppressing emotions.
    For those who think that Damian Pre-Batman life was easy. Taking ABUSE his WHOLE LIFE.

Alfred.. He can´t forget his failure and sadly he knows that these Lazarus Pits are not the answer for you.

After what showed Roundhouse I am UNABLE to feel sympathy for him and then Crush took Everything from Damian and despite that allowed Roundhouse to continue in the team even if she IN THEORY loved Djinn.

Because I did not saw the Remaining TT volume but I would had liked Crush suffering the other members blaming her for the remaining problems of the team as lesson of humilty.

It was FUNNY see Respawn applauding them. He could had followed the HATER path asking to Connor to kill Damian.
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-23-2021 at 11:51 PM.

It would take A LOT to make me dislike Jason after Rebirth Outlaws. But Wallace and Roundhouse? **** 'em. I've hated Wallace since Percy's Titans run. Talks all that **** but got the nerve to be boring. Who the **** wants a boring Flash? He'll, unfortunately, continue to be around as long as there's Flash family stuff, but I'm hoping Roundhouse disappears once TTA ends. Just like 90% of every Titan who isn't a legacy character. He might as well, given the (thankfully) small role that he has in it.
    What he is even doing now? I dropped Teen Titans when he went from good guy to traitor to misunderstood good guy in like 2 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    It was FUNNY see Respawn applauding them. He could had followed the HATER path asking to Connor to kill Damian.
    I didn't like that clapping scene at all, felt very forced to me.

Anyone else finds it weird that Raptor appears very often, but isn't really doing anything and has no plot significance (anyone else could have fought Hawke)?

I've been taking Abuse my whole life. Why stop now?

Those lines were difficult to read. It's not news to me, we all know Damian's back story but to read him admit it and know that this is how he thinks is heart breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What he is even doing now? I dropped Teen Titans when he went from good guy to traitor to misunderstood good guy in like 2 issues.

Anyone else finds it weird that Raptor appears very often, but isn't really doing anything and has no plot significance (anyone else could have fought Hawke)?
    the clapping was cliché.

Maybe Williamson wants to keep Raptor present in the readers mind for a later role not necessarily for this title.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Laugh a little man

of all the contestants he the only one aside from the core 4 to get his own variant, yes he is hanging around alot and seems to have a grudge on Damián, but he was never the antagonist or even an obstacle in this arc. He is at the moment an original persona created by Williams who is also writing deathsroke and soon to be batman, We will see him again, this was his introduction.

No one else could fight Hawke this has been set up since issue 2

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

I've been taking Abuse my whole life. Why stop now?

Those lines were difficult to read. It's not news to me, we all know Damian's back story but to read him admit it and know that this is how he thinks is heart breaking.
    For me I am more disturbed with the line "with my first death here, I knew this was the place for me"
    Because of course, he doesn't mind dying on the island, his first death there is not his actual first death. In fact, it's like his 4th death in the span of 14 years of his life. He has a knack for resurrection thanks to his genes (both of them) but still, it's so jarring to read a teen boy to be that unconcerned about his own life.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 11-24-2021 at 07:29 AM.