Page 74 of 259 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3875
    Incredible Member

Hoping that tmrw’s AC 1030 has some good Super Sons interactions. Might be wrong in this but I think only Tomasi and Bendis have written Super Sons interactions so it’ll be interesting to see a new writer tackle the dynamic.

The age difference is the same again as it was in rebirth, but just flipped. But Damian still has way more experience than Jon and I’m hoping that’s enough to make the dynamic succeed. Idk how many super sons books they can cram in that short time between No justice and Bendis’ run

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Hoping that tmrw’s AC 1030 has some good Super Sons interactions. Might be wrong in this but I think only Tomasi and Bendis have written Super Sons interactions so it’ll be interesting to see a new writer tackle the dynamic.

The age difference is the same again as it was in rebirth, but just flipped. But Damian still has way more experience than Jon and I’m hoping that’s enough to make the dynamic succeed. Idk how many super sons books they can cram in that short time between No justice and Bendis’ run
    I'm not expecting that now, at least not so early eventually

I don't know how Taylor can think that a reversed age gap is, in any way, amenable. Unless Damian demands Jon go therapy when he just casually mentions being tortured for seven years (because DC is really keen on never addressing the actual ramifications of that), nothing, no matter how "fanservice-y" Taylor writes, will ever come close to capturing what fans fell in love with without de-aging Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    But Dick could have made a stink. I doubt that if Dick flat out rejected and made ot clear that he did not want Jason calling himself Robin that Bruce would have gone along. Jason would likely have just taken another name.

Everyone of them have done good work in the role but it is still Dick's legacy.

As illustrated in Bb where Matt was given the go ahead to be Robin but Dick put his down and retired the mantle after Joker attacked matt.

Bruce gave it and Dick took it away and Bruce accepted his decision.
    Bruce has just as much say(if not more) than Dick who should be Robin since it is 'his' partner. Robin is Batman's partner, not Nightwing's. Whether it be Jason, Tim, Steph, Damian, or even Carrie Kelly, Bruce should; and rightfully so should have the final say on who can be Robin. If he deems them unworthy, or not ready, he should be able to fire them without needing any say from Dick as well. On the flip side, Dick couldn't walk up to Damian from being Robin, especially if Bruce objects. In a scenario like that I'd imagine Damian would simply switch his name.

Way I see it, 'Robin' is still Batman's partner even if more solo these days. By virtue of that Batman should have top say who is Robin, Dick as the secondary judge.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bruce absolutely has more say about who his partner should be, but Dick should be the one to give the “all clear” on whether said partner can be Robin. While there’s obviously a ton of overlap, it doesn’t mean they are necessarily one and the same anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Bruce absolutely has more say about who his partner should be, but Dick should be the one to give the “all clear” on whether said partner can be Robin. While there’s obviously a ton of overlap, it doesn’t mean they are necessarily one and the same anymore either.
    For the most part they are. 'Robin' has been independent from Batman stemming from Dick's college days. Even still, one of the points of Robin at its core is Batman's partner. If Robin is not Batman's partner, then what is he/she? Robin (the mantle) even now is still Batman's partner in crime, nothing has yet to happen to break that establishment.

I'm still laughing at the fact that Superboy Prime called Dietrich 'Bakugou'. XD

And to be fair, he did warn Tim Drake not to mess with him - only bowstick boi and murder midget come from 2 different worlds.

One is "Gee whiz Batman, I sure hope we catch the joker tonight." While the other is "You continue to exist at my sufferance, boy."

It was like poking a bear that already growled at you. And when he did get the **** beat out of him, Tim and his fanboys were like 'Wait - this is illegal!' Apparently even still to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I'm still laughing at the fact that Superboy Prime called Dietrich 'Bakugou'. XD

And to be fair, he did warn Tim Drake not to mess with him - only bowstick boi and murder midget come from 2 different worlds.

One is "Gee whiz Batman, I sure hope we catch the joker tonight." While the other is "You continue to exist at my sufferance, boy."

It was like poking a bear that already growled at you. And when he did get the **** beat out of him, Tim and his fanboys were like 'Wait - this is illegal!' Apparently even still to this day.
    Actually, in their first interaction Tim extended his hand for a handshake, which Damian ignored out of spite. And then, when he attacked Tim, he didn't do it because he was being "patronizing" he already came into the cave with the severed head and the explosive. He did it because he decided Bruce didn't need a Robin now that he was there.

I mean, I don't think anyone should be defending how Damian acted when he first appeared (unless you really dislike Tim, but even objectively how he acted was not okay), but we're well past that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I don't think anyone should be defending how Damian acted when he first appeared (unless you really dislike Tim, but even objectively how he acted was not okay), but we're well past that point.
    Yeah, the point is that its indefensible. I like Damian, but I like him because he matured from that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah, the point is that its indefensible. I like Damian, but I like him because he matured from that point.
    I think someone forgot to tell Adam Glass that.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I think someone forgot to tell Adam Glass that.
    Without Adam Glass we wouldn't be getting this Tournament arc, so I'd like to thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Actually, in their first interaction Tim extended his hand for a handshake, which Damian ignored out of spite. And then, when he attacked Tim, he didn't do it because he was being "patronizing" he already came into the cave with the severed head and the explosive. He did it because he decided Bruce didn't need a Robin now that he was there.
    XD his fate was already sealed. Ah yes, the "on my world" handshake. I would have also assaulted him (verbally, I'm not gonna throw hands). I get he was trying to be funny, but he did come across as a bit of an annoying 'Dick' to anyone without the magic bowstaff of nostalgia jammed up their rectum (ie. Me at the time, I thought the scene was awesome).

I'm not saying Damian was justified, definitely not - it's just that I can see why he wanted to break his face and/or punch him off a Dinosaur. I still wanna do that to Tim at times when I see what DC have done with him (like currently, just pick a name for God's sake).

Seriously though, Damian when he first showed up, was waay to intense and homicidal to be a character that was meant to stick around. He was originally disposable, so they made him unlikable and forgettable - unfortunately it worked against DC coz you had people like me rooting for the kid.

I mean, he stole the Batmobile to impress a girl, I was sold.

He was already striking out on his own well before Glass and Thompson sank their claws into him. There are a plenty of ways this arc could have still happened without the character assassination. Just like how Wally's current character arc could still happened without the stain on his history that is Heroes in Crisis. I'm not gonna be thankful for a bad idea just because some good ones came after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    XD his fate was already sealed. Ah yes, the "on my world" handshake. I would have also assaulted him (verbally, I'm not gonna throw hands). I get he was trying to be funny, but he did come across as a bit of an annoying 'Dick' to anyone without the magic bowstaff of nostalgia jammed up their rectum (ie. Me at the time, I thought the scene was awesome).

I'm not saying Damian was justified, definitely not - it's just that I can see why he wanted to break his face and/or punch him off a Dinosaur.
    So... You'd want to verbally assault Tim because... You were the one to be rude?