Page 36 of 259 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Talia really is a princess. Just because one is laying low doesn't mean you skimp on the finer things
    I really love this about her.

And it is all so non-note worthy for her. Are her surroundings luxurious? Of course, she could never tolerate less.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    When did he turn 14?
    Around Teen Titans Rebirth

Yeah give me Damian who looks like a kid. I like that he looks younger than his age. This is almost as jarring as Liefeld's Damian.
    Damian looking the same age as 10 year old Jon while being closer to Emiko's and Wallace's age is pretty jarring too.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post

Fun facts about Damian's costume in the back-up:
    - Gleb Melnikov said it was a little bit inspired in Etrigan and it is extra on purpose to show that Damian is trying to look cool and demonic.
    - Gleb also made it look weird and funny purpose to represent the fact that a kid made it.

I loved this, and to me it made it even better. I'm also happy he always seems to have in mind that Damian is a child, because I feel that a lot of artists sometimes don't really take it into account, and a lot of them don't even draw kids in the right way, just making them look like little adults. Happily, this is not case here!

It’s also funny to me how it seems that that black and white costume with the golden gloves was probably just made to mislead the public, because it wasn’t even used. It just appeared again in one panel from Infinite Frontier.
    So basically Damian gets his turn on "Robin with fashion disaster" era. It's about time. Embrace that tradition, Damian..
    I don't think the black and white costume with the golden gloves was just made to mislead the public. The costume especially the golden gloves are loved by majority fans. Even Gleb made fanart contest based on that costume.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This is the Biggest 13-14 years Damian version that I saw until now

Attachment 106791
    I'm on "prefer big and more mature looking Damian" side, but I think that art is quite too much. He doesn't even look like teen. Heck, he looks older than Dick from the same picture.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    This is the Biggest 13-14 years Damian version that I saw until now

Attachment 106791
    I saw it and it looks super weird; he seems way older than 14 here. I guess this is one of those artists that are not very good at drawing kids, sadly.

When did he turn 14?
    As far as I'm concerned, he didn't. Last time his age was stated in panel was in Tomasi's Detective Comics arc, in which it is said he is 13, and technically Demon or Detective happens right after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    So basically Damian gets his turn on "Robin with fashion disaster" era. It's about time. Embrace that tradition, Damian..
    I don't think the black and white costume with the golden gloves was just made to mislead the public. The costume especially the golden gloves are loved by majority fans. Even Gleb made fanart contest based on that costume.
    I think it was made to mislead the public, because, even though people loved it, it wasn't really used for anything. I initially thought it was supposed to be a transitional costume until he got Robin back, but that's not the case? It seems to me they just created it to don't give away immediately he would go back to Robin, since a lot of people saw in the Infinite Mysteries cover and assumed he would have a new identity.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post

Fun facts about Damian's costume in the back-up:
    - Gleb Melnikov said it was a little bit inspired in Etrigan and it is extra on purpose to show that Damian is trying to look cool and demonic.
    - Gleb also made it look weird and funny purpose to represent the fact that a kid made it.

I loved this, and to me it made it even better. I'm also happy he always seems to have in mind that Damian is a child, because I feel that a lot of artists sometimes don't really take it into account, and a lot of them don't even draw kids in the right way, just making them look like little adults. Happily, this is not case here!

It’s also funny to me how it seems that that black and white costume with the golden gloves was probably just made to mislead the public, because it wasn’t even used. It just appeared again in one panel from Infinite Frontier.
    Damian and his fashion sense .

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Around Teen Titans Rebirth

Damian looking the same age as 10 year old Jon while being closer to Emiko's and Wallace's age is pretty jarring too.
    he turned 13 in Rebirth and I'm a fan of the opposite type of jarring which is why I'm so pleased that the teaser art from the upcoming Robin solo seems to be continuing that kiddy look.

It's already hard enough telling Damian apart from Timmy without both looking like they are both 14.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I really love this about her.

And it is all so non-note worthy for her. Are her surroundings luxurious? Of course, she could never tolerate less.
    I really love that too.

he turned 13 in Rebirth and I'm a fan of the opposite type of jarring which is why I'm so pleased that the teaser art from the upcoming Robin solo seems to be continuing that kiddy look.

It's already hard enough telling Damian apart from Timmy without both looking like they are both 14.
    Yeah I'm fine with smol Damian. I think its kinda funny that he, of all people, would be such a late bloomer. Plus I still remember the freshmen looking even younger than him when I was in high school so its not completely unbelievable.

But I wouldnt be opposed to him looking older. He looked alright in that issue of King's book, where Bruce and Selina went to see Talia. He was a passable 13-14 without looking like he and Tim were the same age.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 03-06-2021 at 04:45 AM.

Amazing Member

My headcanon is that Damian looks younger than he should for his age specifically because he died for a while there. It stalled his growth for a while, but he'll shoot up in a couple years.

Generally, I don't mind him looking for a while longer, to differentiate more from Tim, and also because in real life some 14-year olds do look real young.

Thanks for all the Fan art Posting.
    Enjoying all the fans and professionals having fun drawing Damian in his new costumes. Great Fan/audience participation.

The Supersons piece is vert well done. Jon here is very American Alien by Landis