Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,638

    Default Batman: Reptilian #1 Preview

    Batman: Reptilian #1 Preview
    Writer: Garth Ennis
    Artist: Liam Sharp


  2. #2
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,453

    Default

    Looks great.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,900

    Default

    Ok Batman making a public showing of taking down a rapist scum and dressing him down makes me feel a little better about how Ennis will write him here vs. his comments on the character in interviews. At least so far, I will probably pick this up.

  4. #4
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,660

    Default

    I obviously can't speak for how this story will turn out as a whole, but those were some incredible pages they chose to show here. Just really, wow!

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ok Batman making a public showing of taking down a rapist scum and dressing him down makes me feel a little better about how Ennis will write him here vs. his comments on the character in interviews. At least so far, I will probably pick this up.
    He is never going to publicly admit that he actually doesn't hate everything superhero related.

  6. #6
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    He is never going to publicly admit that he actually doesn't hate everything superhero related.
    Eh, I've heard interviews from him where he says his main issue with superheroes is that they dominate the western comic book market. And I agree. I wish there were a bit more genre diversification.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Eh, I've heard interviews from him where he says his main issue with superheroes is that they dominate the western comic book market. And I agree. I wish there were a bit more genre diversification.
    I think there is merit to what he says about the genre dominating things too much, but it also comes across as bitterness that the market just doesn't have an audience with as much interest in the stuff he does.

    His statements regarding the superheroes during WW2 being insulting to the actual soldiers comes across as insulting to the creators (a lot of whom were Jewish). Especially when it comes to Captain America and Jack Kirby, which is the last combo of character/creator that he should be shooting his mouth off about.

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think there is merit to what he says about the genre dominating things too much, but it also comes across as bitterness that the market just doesn't have an audience with as much interest in the stuff he does.

    His statements regarding the superheroes during WW2 being insulting to the actual soldiers comes across as insulting to the creators (a lot of whom were Jewish). Especially when it comes to Captain America and Jack Kirby, which is the last combo of character/creator that he should be shooting his mouth off about.
    That seems like a stretch to me as he's undoubtedly wealthy (just off The Boys royalties alone) and a very famous creator. I just take it at face value and a legit criticism of the industry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •