Page 20 of 259 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    It's really strange. I guess DC was in a really difficult place where plans changed constantly at the time. Maybe they still had plans for Damian to become an anti-hero/villain at the time they started this and maybe the book where Damian was supposed to kill someons after he left the team after Djinn War got cancelled so they decided to do it in Teen Titans instead? Wasn't Damian supposed to show up in Checkmate by Bendis (aka the guy who wanted Damian to turn into Hitler 2.0 for his Legion of Superheroes book)?
    A correction : Chameleon Boy said that and Brainiac 5 immediately said that it was a deeply unfair assesment of who Damian Wayne was. He was never meant to be Hitler-like, but he was clearly meant to be a more ambiguous figure than most other DC characters, which makes perfect sense considering who Damian is.

Much like the entire Batfamily jobbing to Thomas Wayne, I just like to pretend the whole "baby Hitler" thing didn't happen. I know I just got done saying I don't like mistakes being swept under the rug but like....those are exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    A correction : Chameleon Boy said that and Brainiac 5 immediately said that it was a deeply unfair assesment of who Damian Wayne was. He was never meant to be Hitler-like, but he was clearly meant to be a more ambiguous figure than most other DC characters, which makes perfect sense considering who Damian is.
    If everyone save for one member of a huge team considers it fair to compare you to Hitler then I wouldn't consider that ambiguous.
    Several of them seemed straight up afraid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    If everyone save for one member of a huge team considers it fair to compare you to Hitler then I wouldn't consider that ambiguous.
    Several of them seemed straight up afraid of him.
    Sure, but only Brainiac 5 has been show to truly knows what happened or at mleast have more than a passing interest in Earth history, so I'd say his words are of greater worth in that regard. He knows that Damian did something(s) which are morally debatable but still it's clear he doesn't consider this comparison to hold any water, which is the most important element of this whole exchange to me. That and the fact that it was clearly there to (a) explain why there would be no Bat in the Legion and (b) highlight even more that te=hey were hiding a lot of things from Jon, which ended spectatcularly backfiring on them.

Astonishing Member

The best Damian Wayne/Robin costume:

The Rebirth version of the above was too cluttered. Like this new costume. Switch the collar for the trademark hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

The Rebirth version of the above was too cluttered. Like this new costume. Switch the collar for the trademark hood.
    I love this costume too

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hmm... since there are different type of Robin capes, I like the original for Dick and Jason since they're the trapeze artists, the bird feather type for Tim and Steph since their era was when they use the bird image instead of Robin Hood, and the current bat wing cape for Damian, since he's the Son of The Bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

Oh wow. I thought I was the only one who preferred this over his rebirth costume (only thing I'd change is the cape. Make it black). I'd say its my favorite of his looks but....I REALLY like the one he has now and the one he'll have in Williamson's book.

It was not unexpected(after the last TT run) but... It seems that the EmikoxKidFlash will be a thing soon...

Damian is really UNLUCKY.. I thought that he had a change long time ago with her but nothing.

Is like DC wants that those pedophiles that ship him with Superkid in disgusting +18 fanarts(No, not talking only about kisses) continue like that not allowing Damian to have any girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Any ideia of who is the guy with the nunchaku that looks like a bat character?
    I heard that is NITE-WING here. A Nightwing villain.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-18-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

hat not allowing Damian to have any girlfriend
    Maybe Williamson will set something up with Maya or Flatline.
    It will happen someday anyway, lol.

I don't know enough about Flatline to decide whether or not I want that but as for Maya, absolutely not. She's made it pretty clear, more than once, the kind of relationship they have. And I'd like it to stay that way.

The only character I've really liked the idea of Damian being with is Djinn. But even that comes with some issues given the 4,000 year gap in their ages.

That said...Damian doesn't really need a girl(or boy)friend. I'm perfectly fine with him just not having a love interest for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Is like DC wants that those pedophiles that ship him with Superkid in disgusting +18 fanarts(No, not talking only about kisses) continue like that not allowing Damian to have any girlfriend.
    If there's one thing you gotta know about hardcore shippers, it's that they're gonna ship their ships, regardless. DC could make Damian a bigger playa than Bruce and Dick put together and he'll still have that subset of fans who ship him with Jon. Fandoms love their LGBT ships. Just look at all the Iron Man and Captain America shippers lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-18-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I don't know enough about Flatline to decide whether or not I want that but as for Maya, absolutely not. She's made it pretty clear, more than once, the kind of relationship they have. And I'd like it to stay that way.

The only character I've really liked the idea of Damian being with is Djinn. But even that comes with some issues given the 4,000 year gap in their ages.

That said...Damian doesn't really need a girl(or boy)friend. I'm perfectly fine with him just not having a love interest for a very long time.

If there's one thing you gotta know about hardcore shippers, it's that they're gonna ship their ships, regardless. DC could make Damian a bigger playa than Bruce and Dick put together and he'll still have that subset of fans who ship him with Jon. Fandoms love their LGBT ships. Just look at all the Iron Man and Captain America shippers lol
    Worse, look at all the Supernatural shippers that put Dean and Sam (brothers) together. Or Dragon Ball shippers with Goku and Bra (don't ask me why, but they exist). Shippers may ship, but some of them have some pretty big issues with their ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Worse, look at all the Supernatural shippers that put Dean and Sam (brothers) together.
    Hell, if you venture deep enough into tumblr you'll find plenty of ships between Batfamily members. The internet has no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Even if he had a girlfriend they would still ship him with Jon. What websites are you browsing? Can't you put it on safe mode and block +18 fanart?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Worse, look at all the Supernatural shippers that put Dean and Sam (brothers) together. Or Dragon Ball shippers with Goku and Bra (don't ask me why, but they exist). Shippers may ship, but some of them have some pretty big issues with their ships.
    In Supernatural, it's probably because they didn't develop relationships outside the one between Dean and Sam enough. Shippers pair up whichever characters have the strongest relationship, they do it with straight ships too (Reylo, Katara and Zuko). It's like two characters can't have a strong relationship without it being romantic.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?