Page 19 of 259 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Really excited for the first arc, love the whole tournament aspect. Can't wait to see who will all be competing. Hopefully we get some new, interesting, and fun characters out of the gate. Long due Damian got his own personal enemies. Hopefully he smokes the competition
    That all depends on who the competition is. Defeating Slade (yes I know, that's not him in the art we saw) or any of his children? Okay, sure. Slade might be pushing it but it'd be far from the first time he was defeated by a teenager.

But if characters like Shiva, Bronze Tiger, and Cheshire are involved I might have to call some BS on him winning.

Damian is an amazing fighter. But I don't think he's that amazing. Even when we disregard his loss to Thomas Wayne that had no logical reason for happening.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-16-2021 at 06:26 PM.

I think Slade losing for Damian so forced, hero comics don't keep characters force, I think Stan Lee said "who wins is who the writer decides", Damian is weaker than Tim when it is easier for the story, also less independent when he is with Maya, for example.
    I really dislike this inconsistence :/

In Damian's case, many times I think he loses just for underestimates his adversaries, and I think this matches with his personality, but in other times I just don't think it was well wrote :/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That all depends on who the competition is. Defeating Slade (yes I know, that's not him in the art we saw) or any of his children? Okay, sure. Slade might be pushing it but it'd be far from the first time he was defeated by a teenager.

But if characters like Shiva, Bronze Tiger, and Cheshire are involved I might have to call some BS on him winning.

Damian is an amazing fighter. But I don't think he's that amazing. Even when we disregard his loss to Thomas Wayne that had no logical reason for happening.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Damian and I think he's a skilled fighter, but him beating Deathstroke in a 1v1 would be a pretty egregious case of jobbing. This was the same qualm I had with the DCAMU movies. But I'll reserve judgement till we see issue #1!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

True that, it depends who is all there. Damian is also a solid tactician, so whatever skill gap their may be he can close with some handy tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I don't think that what we'll be seeing in March and April is what Glass was aiming for with his story, as Frontier already pointed out this was all supposed to lead to 5G.

There was already a difference in directions between what Glass wrote and what Thompson wrote, Thompson made Damian kill again, but also tried to (belatedly) explain Damian's actions with what happened with Dick and Alfred, events that Glass simply ignored. Also, Damian was originally not even supposed to be in Thompson's run, the original plan was for Damian to leave after Djinn War before they changed plans and put the second annual after issue #44. We don't know how much Glass was involved in those changes to the plan, perhaps he was even excluded completely.
    I think that's what happened. Glass wrote Djinn War, but then Thompson came in and did some rewrites. They were co-credited for that arc and then Thompson took over the book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Thompson made Damian kill again
    By the way, if it was part of rewrites, I really don't understand why Thompson did this. Eventually it was just one more thing Bat-office decided to forget about.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Nice. Really looking forward to this title. Williamson said he pitched this way back when Rebirth started. On twitter he revealed he's been pitching for Damian since his Robin/Supergirl one-shot way back. Finally got one approved. Lets go!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, if it was part of rewrites, I really don't understand why Thompson did this. Eventually it was just one more thing Bat-office decided to forget about.
    XD true
    Maybe they talk about it in the future...

Can you post the link?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Can you post the link?
    Gleb's twitter

Oh apparently now people are starting to call Gleb Melnikov Big Gleb ^^
    https://twitter.com/FormerlyAizo/sta...27767555547136
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-17-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's really strange. I guess DC was in a really difficult place where plans changed constantly at the time. Maybe they still had plans for Damian to become an anti-hero/villain at the time they started this and maybe the book where Damian was supposed to kill someons after he left the team after Djinn War got cancelled so they decided to do it in Teen Titans instead? Wasn't Damian supposed to show up in Checkmate by Bendis (aka the guy who wanted Damian to turn into Hitler 2.0 for his Legion of Superheroes book)?

We probably don't even know the original ending to Djinn War. The last issue of Djinn War came out after the DC lockdown and I remember the ending where Damian basically tries to convince the others they need to kill villains not fitting with the rest of arc. I'm certain it was changed to set up the changed arc that came afterwards. Who knows what happened in the original script.

Another possibility is that someone wanted to salvage the rest of Damian's team and thought that making Damian kill again and blaming everything on him would make readers forget about what the others did. Sounds unlikely because DC usually puts bat-characters over new characters with no ties to Batman, but sometimes DC's decisions are simply weird.

Whatever the real reason was, we can only speculate and that is difficult with the few things we know.

Speaking of Legion of Superheroes, I remember someone on the team saying the founded the team because they wanted to prevent the timeline where Damian became Hitler 2.0 in the third (?) issue. Did they ever follow up on that?
    I also don't remember the book being in the solicitations for March or April, is it cancelled?
    I know there is a Future State: Legion of Superheroes book but I don't know if that is connected to any of the Bendis stuff or not.

Any ideia of who is the guy with the nunchaku that looks like a bat character?