Page 244 of 259 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Sweet. why did he leave? Too much work?

In which TT issues they were in hell?

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Flatline is the most interesting but that's partially because I'm a Lord Death Man junkie and she has a great costume and the power-set makes good sense for why she'd pair up with him. It appears their entire training/relationship basically just took place sometime very shortly after the last time we saw Lord Death Man ... which I think was ... Talon? Or Batman Eternal. It's been a while.
    He was last seen in Eternal, but that was pretty much just a recap of what happened in Talon. There he was imprisoned by Darrk/Ra's so he had to escape (or maybe they came to some sort of an agreement) at some point. How much time has passed since Eternal?

Anyway, the annual. It really encapsulates perfectly my problems with Williamson's run (and his work in general). It is clear that he loves these characters and knows continuity rather well. Probably an argument could be made that as far as continuity usage goes he is the best writer currently working at DC. But problem is that he is not very good at writing and getting to places he wants to go with these characters.

Now, what was one of the places he wanted to get here? That Damian is not going to "cheat" to win this tournament. It is cool statement that makes Damian look cool, but it doesn't really make sense. What kind of information exactly he could find on Hawke or Ravager that could help him beat them? How does knowing Flatline's background helps him? It doesn't matter.

And it would be fine if that was it. But no, to get to this place Williamson has to introduce a stupid plot point - that you can reverse the feed of Batman's tracking device and get access to the Bat computer. How stupid is Bruce? Well he is stupid and brilliant at the same time since it appears that he is tracking everyone everywhere all the time. Take Flatline's story for example, we could assume that Bruce is spying on Death-man and thats how he heard Flatline's story. Makes sense, right? But her story ends with her on the island just before she killed Damian. So, does Batman also have spy cameras on the island and is aware of everything that is going on? Probably not, but thats the impression you might get by reading this annual. Or how Batman conveniently saw Ravager fighting in Grant's old hideout, but didn't see that, most likely, Respawn raided it few hours earlier.

Overall I think that annual would have been much stronger story if it didn't include Damian's framing sequence. And its really frustrating to me that due to such storytelling decisions this run, at least for me, never crosses "almost great" line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, having probably the 2nd most powerful character in all of DC as their "antagonist" is the idea? Er, how about slicing that down several notches to Darkseid or Trigon? That's a more fair match.
    Yeah i don't like the idea of having such a powerful being as Damian's antagonist. That's not even a fight.

Trigon and Darkseid are also not fair matches for Robin. I guess they could toy with him to get at his family and loved ones [wayne, al ghul and Raven] unless we are talking batman 666 Damian. He is also immortal so could have them as foes but not Robin. They would crush him

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Apparently for only 1 issue. Robin 11

Or I understood that in a previous tweet

Maybe Roger Cruz is not available that month.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Sweet. why did he leave? Too much work?
    It takes time to draw? Fill-in artists are brought in all the time to do a few issues so the main artists can work ahead on later issues. Did people genuinely think Jorge Jimenez was no longer drawing Batman because Guillem March did a few issues?

It takes time to draw? Fill-in artists are brought in all the time to do a few issues so the main artists can work ahead on later issues. Did people genuinely think Jorge Jimenez was no longer drawing Batman because Guillem March did a few issues?
    Some did yes

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Some did yes
    Yeesh. They must also think their parents disappear when they play peek-a-boo.

I remember watching one GLEB post that one fan wanted to know if he was returning and Gleb said that it was for ROBIN 11.

Sadly I do not remember the tweet

Anyway. Robin 12 solicitation this Month will confirm us if is the case.

I remember watching one GLEB post that one fan wanted to know if he was returning and Gleb said that it was for ROBIN 11.

Sadly I do not remember the tweet

Anyway. Robin 12 solicitation this Month will confirm us if is the case.
    I know the exact tweet you're talking about. I spent some time searching for it: https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...82606304649223

To me, nothing about his response suggests his return is just a one-off.
    Last edited by garazza; 12-01-2021 at 02:05 AM.

Simon hurt another villain who attempted to get to a Wayne by Shooting Dick Grayson in the head. This times Damian Wayne.

Fascinating character. I bet that's where Bruce and Damian's acting skills originate from.

I know the exact tweet you're talking about. I spent some time searching for it: https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...82606304649223

To me, nothing about his response suggests his return is just a one-off.
    Weird.. I remember a fan wanting to know if he returned and Gled saying that it was only for Robin 11.

Anyway. MARCH solicitations would confirm us if Roger returns or Gleb continues after Robin 11.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I bet that's where Bruce and Damian's acting skills originate from.
    More specifically Damian took theatre/acting class, and his tutor was Carrie Kelly.
    Now I'm craving for Damian performing in Theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    In which TT issues they were in hell?
    Teen Titans issues 39 -41 by Glass and thompson

Here's a link if you want a synopsis and don't fancy paying for the trash Tt run by Glass

https://roosterteeth.com/watch/compl...die-go-to-hell

Weird.. I remember a fan wanting to know if he returned and Gled saying that it was only for Robin 11.

Anyway. MARCH solicitations would confirm us if Roger returns or Gleb continues after Robin 11.
    Personally, I'm more curious about where the story goes after the tournament. I suspect it'll somehow tie-in to Williamson's Deathstroke stuff, but I'd rather Damian continue being independent and keep doing his own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    More specifically Damian took theatre/acting class, and his tutor was Carrie Kelly.
    Now I'm craving for Damian performing in Theatre.
    Damian already had the skills and was already taking lesson pre Carrie Kelly, the new 52 and meeting his father.

this is specifically evidenced when he used his voice mimicking skills to trick the bat computer and Alfred in Batman and Son by Morrison.

Damian's acting skill's weren't introduced by Tomasi and Carrie was simply his last known acting tutor/coach. That part of the character was already there pre Flashpoint.

It was referenced many times by many writers pre flash point including Williamson.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-01-2021 at 02:21 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian already had the skills and was already taking lesson pre Carrie Kelly, the new 52 and meeting his father.

this is specifically evidenced when he used his voice mimicking skills to trick the bat computer and Alfred in Batman and Son by Morrison.

Damian's acting skill's weren't introduced by Tomasi and Carrie was simply his last known acting tutor/coach. That part of the character was already there pre Flashpoint.

It was referenced many times by many writers pre flash point including Williamson.
    Huh, I need a reading list on Pre-New 52 Damian. Like all the issues where he's in, gotta read up on that.