Page 97 of 259 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Ah, okay. Thank you for clearing that up.

I was a bit confused when I read your spoiler because I remember Williamson talking about how one part of this arc is that Damian is on an island full of assassins and now he's in the position where he has to convince them that killing might not be the best solution or something along that line in a previous interview.
    Thanks for pointing it out. That was a load off. Damian is still evolving sure and the dead clearly don't stay dead in this contest [it seems] but him killing again in a series that's supposed to be moving him away from the hit job that was TT just didn't sit right

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

No, he was saying the unannounced book was short, not Damian's book. Robin is an ongoing.
    Ah yes, I misread, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You are right. Just re watched it and it was Respawn. Phew.
    Phew, hope that in the future there's no more killing-shock cliffhanger for Damian.

I found it very interesting but it seems i missed/misheard a couple of things so I hope you get the chance to listen to it.

I like that he decided to say yes when DC approached him with Robin. JW 10 years ago and Jw at the start of Rebirth isn't JW today.

At the time when he was approached he had become a high profile writer so for him to accept when he could have gone for a JLeaguer means something
    My English hearing is not very good so I might be more misinformed than the others -,-
    Yeah, glad that Damian now is in the hand of the person who truly likes him.

Thanks for pointing it out. That was a load off. Damian is still evolving sure and the dead clearly don't stay dead in this contest [it seems] but him killing again in a series that's supposed to be moving him away from the hit job that was TT just didn't sit right
    Yeah, killing and being a hero doesn't go that well together in the DC universe. And as I've talked about before, having Damian kill again wouldn't even be that interesting because they threw his entire character developement out the window last year.

But if Damian is truly back to no killing and continues to refuse to kill in this tournament then he might have a real problem. If I understand the rules correctly you can only truly win by killing your oponent and if he doesn't do that, then how is he supposed to advance? How many times can you lose before you get kicked out of the tournament?
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-17-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, killing and being a hero doesn't go that well together in the DC universe. And as I've talked about before, having Damian kill again wouldn't even be that interesting because they threw his entire character developement out the window last year.

But if Damian is truly back to no killing and continues to refuse to kill in this tournament then he might have a real problem. If I understand the rules correctly you can only truly win by killing your oponent and if he doesn't do that, then how is he supposed to advance? How many times can you lose before you get kicked out of the tournament?
    How come
    Damian was made to be the bad guy when he killed
    But red arrow got one Scott free

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How come
    You are not seriously asking me why I think Teen Titans threw Damian's character developement out the window.

Where would Emiko even suffer consequences? Green Arrow doesn't have a book right now.

Incredible Member

How come
    Also slade came back in a later issue so the whole emiko murder thing got swept away. even though she did kill him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Also slade came back in a later issue so the whole emiko murder thing got swept away. even though she did kill him.
    Didn’t lady Vic die in teen Titans and now we see her in Robin ?
    Does it even matter ?

Sometimes I wish Damian was a Marvel character, but then I see the stuff they're currently doing and I retract that wish.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Didn’t lady Vic die in teen Titans and now we see her in Robin ?
    Does it even matter ?
    I don't remember her dying, and no it doesn't really matter. For DC death is like a box, you see. A box of mysteries.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

How come
    She changed her mind, after she committed murder (Though it was to save Damian from doing the deed, that's some friendship). She then felt really bad, coz Deathstroke might've been right when he said she was like her Mother. At that point, she started to reject Robin's fanatical ideas and looked to her beacon of hope for guidance.

Wallace 'lace' West.

That's fine. He wasn't always the best of characters, but his intentions were good. He was a really good friend to her and he tried to be a good friend to Damian. What I don't like is the whole Hell sequence. It should've been someone other than KF in her vision - like Ollie or Dinah being dissapointed in her or something, but noooo!

Seriously, that annoyed me to no extent. It was like the end of Ben 10 Omniverse all over again. In one episode, the main characters come into contact with 5th dimensional beings they can't really perceive, except as the person/thing the viewer cares about the most.

Rook saw his father, Maltruent was an egotistical tool so he saw himself. Instead of seeing Grandpa Max, the person who's been there the entire time and is the person who stood by Ben for years - Ben sees a GiAnT FxCkInG SmOoThie!

Coming back to DC, Deathstroke was there too, to further hammer home that Emi almost lost Lace (her mental representation of her humanity) coz she murdered Slade.

Then she has an epiphany, that she's been ignoring their connection and falls in love with him afterwards (contrived much?)

And then nobody cared, coz they had plot to take care of (Djinn was never my favorite, but this is the part I started to hate her) and when that was done they immediately moved onto the 'Reset Robin's Progress' plan where he began his "RAWR, WE'RE ALL GONNA KILL, JOIN ME FELLOW TROUBLED CHILDREN!"

At that point, Emiko looked like a Nun in comparison, so everyone forgot.

That came off quite Ranty, so sorry about that.
    I just don't like remembering that Teen Titans run, and how they wasted such potential and damaged many relationships. I'm also probably a victim of Selective Memory - so if things I said don't match with actual canon, It's just my perspective on a memory I'd like to forget (plus I was pretty pissed off the entire run).
    Last edited by Shen; 05-17-2021 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I don't remember her dying, and no it doesn't really matter. For DC death is like a box, you see. A box of mysteries.
    Wasn't she pinned to a wall and dead in that building that blew up with the Teen Titans inside it? That stuff Damian blamed Jason for?

Death Metal revived a lot of people, I wouldn't think too hard about it.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-18-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Wasn't she pinned to a wall and dead in that building that blew up with the Teen Titans inside them? That stuff Damian blamed Jason for?

Death Metal revived a lot of people, I wouldn't think too hard about it.
    Oh, well I guess I did forget that. My bad. But yeah, Plot saves the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Oh, well I guess I did forget that. My bad. But yeah, Plot saves the day.
    It wasn't important, if she wasn't in the tournament I would have forgotten all about her too by now.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Loved Damian in Batman Black and White series. The whole series has been a blast so far

Bruce's smile in the last panel is nice
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-18-2021 at 01:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Joshua talks Robin

Time code for robin: 35 mins

Issue 5 is about all the Robins.

Robin 1 sold really well [can't wait to see the figures]

DC approached him and asked if he wanted Robin [even though he has been pitching books for Damian for 10 years now]

He put Damian on an island because he felt Damian had become swallowed up by too many groups [Supersons, TT and bat family drama] so he wanted to separate him and explore the character.

spoilers:
    Damian kills again.
    end of spoilers

Robin is going to eventually tie in to another unannounced series he's going to be writing.

This series is only short.
    Thanks for posting.

He's really enthusiastic. I'm glad the pair are having so much fun with the title. It comes across in the writing.