Page 66 of 259 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Pretty much expected, since Taylor is a huge fan of this duo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Pretty much expected, since Taylor is a huge fan of this duo.
    Good give the people what they want

Taylor does like them, and has done both pretty well in his own series.

I still don't like fake Jon, and now being shoved into being Superman, is my issue. Like what Damian got, Jon needs a course correction too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Taylor does like them, and has done both pretty well in his own series.

I still don't like fake Jon, and now being shoved into being Superman, is my issue. Like what Damian got, Jon needs a course correction too.
    I want to be excited like many others are, but I'm just not. I don't think this is the right direction for Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    At the end of today's Nightwing there's a little interview about Robin and it's great, as always.

Love the way Williamson describes Damian here. he's 100% correct. All signs indicate this book is going to be a delight.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

Damian by Gleb Melnikov. Really like the fancy-gloves-ninja outfit, hope that it will have a long tenure.
    Lo0ve the drip on out boy. Can't wait to see all of his outfits. Also liking how Williamson is making it clear that Damian is a super skilled bad ass can't wait to see it translated on the pages as well as stylish Damian.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"Wanted to assure all #Supersons fans (being one myself) their friendship will not be ignored in our #Superman series.
    While Jon is older, they still have the same age gap - just flipped. Jon is 17. Damian is 14."
    - Tom Taylor on Superman Son of Kal-El

This guy. What do you say to that? XD

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...68780469788677
    Damian will appear in Action Comics #1030.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "Wanted to assure all #Supersons fans (being one myself) their friendship will not be ignored in our #Superman series.
    While Jon is older, they still have the same age gap - just flipped. Jon is 17. Damian is 14."

I say it's only one part of the much bigger problem that is Jon's age up. I love that they'll still be together (though I never doubted that they would be). But it's still....not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    https://twitter.com/Sampere_art/stat...68780469788677
    Damian will appear in Action Comics #1030.
    See this I like, Jon reasonably looks like a teen and Damian is not ridiculously short compared to him. Now if Jon just had a better costume.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

I don't really mind. Feels like the current dynamic is more mature than before. Their goofy days are maybe over, but we have to acknowledge that they have been through so much in the past 1 year.
    The problem is, there are 2 pairs of Super-Bat teens now. I don't know how to twist it so neither pairing will feel redundant.

What can I say. I stopped caring about main continuity Jon so I'm not interested in this. It doesn't fix the problems I have with Jon. The charm is gone.

Pretty much. Again, it's Taylor and I'm sure it'll be great. He wrote them both so well in DCeased. But I don't really have a lot of interest in supporting this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Pretty much. Again, it's Taylor and I'm sure it'll be great. He wrote them both so well in DCeased. But I don't really have a lot of interest in supporting this book.
    At this point I feel like DC is trying really hard to tell us "See! Nothing changed! They are still friends! They are still the Super Sons you know and love!"...but it's just not true in my opinion.
    Jon had so much potential and charm as a ten year old, I loved seeing Damian as a kind of mentor for Jon, but at the same time Damian also learned to be a bit more lighthearted around Jon.
    It was simply fun. I wanted to see them grow up together.

Now Jon is almost an adult, he will take over as Superman and from his point of view he hang out with Damian seven years ago.
    Since coming back Jon ditched Damian for the Legion, told Damian he has a dark future ahead, but didn't do anything about it and then he gave up on finding Damian after reading a note by him.
    The magic is just not there anymore. I don't want to give them my money for this.

There was never any doubt that they'd still be friends. But now...I dunno. I ain't all that invested in Jon anymore. He's damaged goods. They keep trying to patch up the damage but it's like using scotch tape to fix a broken vase.

As far as Damian's friends go, I'd rather see what comes of Williamson's claims that Maya and Colin will be showing up. Those two never should have disappeared in the first place. And I'm still really surprised Maya was never even considered for either of Damian's Titans rosters. I mean, I'm glad she wasn't in Glass' run since that was hellbent on having Damian burn every bridge that he had. But I'm still surprised she wasn't even mentioned as a possible candidate either team

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    At the end of today's Nightwing there's a little interview about Robin and it's great, as always.

I can not put into words how happy reading that makes me. Two of my four boys may be gone (Because who the **** knows what's going on with Bart these days). But Damian really is back on track and I love it.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-22-2021 at 11:33 AM.