Page 195 of 259 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3875
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Damnit... I did not liked see Damian having a sister in Injustice and maybe I will receive something similar here. The people will complain less about PRIEST if this happens.

That Talia.. Always creating problems to her son.
    All the problem that Talia created was trying to get her son back, even when he died it was out of her control. People seem to forget that Bruce was willing to give him to Talia so that she can leave Gotham alone rather than fighting for both the city and his son, he chose to give him up. Non of his parents are saints but Bruce is the only neglectful parent here and the reason for many of Damian problems if not most of them not Talia.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Here I was waiting for pregnant catwoman

Catwoman did get pregnant and had a baby who then grew up into an adult twice in the last years [catwoman by King and bat/cat by King]

I really hope Respawn isn't the son of Slade and Talia. I wish i never see any of the plans that Priest had for Damian being revisited.

Also, can you image Talia choosing Bruce as the father of her child, who is not the best father around and then going from that to Slade for her next one? Slade, maybe the worst father in the whole DCU? Talking about bad decisions!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryrun View Post
    All the problem that Talia created was trying to get her son back, even when he died it was out of her control. People seem to forget that Bruce was willing to give him to Talia so that she can leave Gotham alone rather than fighting for both the city and his son, he chose to give him up. Non of his parents are saints but Bruce is the only neglectful parent here and the reason for many of Damian problems if not most of them not Talia.
    thank You.

Mighty Member

Yeah Bruce is such a bad parent that he did everything in his power to bring Damian back to life. I mean when Talia is considered the better parent it just shows the disdain so many have for Bruce. If Bruce is so bad a parent why the vehement opposition to changing Damian's parentage? If Bruce is the cause of all of Damian's problems then server that connection, surely that would be the best thing for Damian right? All his "Bruce" problems gone. But the fans don't want that do they, I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Yeah Bruce is such a bad parent that he did everything in his power to bring Damian back to life. I mean when Talia is considered the better parent it just shows the disdain so many have for Bruce. If Bruce is so bad a parent why the vehement opposition to changing Damian's parentage? If Bruce is the cause of all of Damian's problems then server that connection, surely that would be the best thing for Damian right? All his "Bruce" problems gone. But the fans don't want that do they, I wonder why.
    Including tricking another son into going to the place he died to purposefully trigger his PTSD...

Astonishing Member

Talia put a price on Damian's head and created a clone as Damian's replacement. Maybe she doesn't really expected Damian to die, but she really pushed the situation to that point.

Also, if I remember correctly, Bruce returned Damian to Talia after Damian killed someone (and hurt Tim very badly). In fact, Bruce wanted to let Talia and Damian escape from the justice.

After that, the explosion happened and Bruce didn't even know if Talia and Damian were alive.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-28-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Sever the connection is one way another way is stop Bruce being a dick to his kids.

Even if Damian didn't exist Bruce will still be a shitty parent because news flash Bruce is a douche to Dick, Jason and Tim.

Like Jackalope just said he was such a caring parent that he traumatised Jason to bring Damian back.
    He beat the **** out of Jason in RHAtO
    He abused Dick for decades
    He hit Tim simply for wanting to help him and he happily let a 13 yr old Tim believe he was responsible for his mental health.

None of those have anything to do with Damian.

Being connected to the batman franchise has it's perks and being Robin has it's but that doesn't mean that fans will shut up and swallow the negative of Bruce's behaviour

Any character that smacks kids as a form of communication is a douche bag and deserves to be dragged. Hard.

You have a problem with Damian rather than being a dick why don't you read the many titles with bruce that don't have damian and stop lurking on forums searching for Damian related posts to get irate over and post the same comment over.

Yes Damian benefits from Bruce's connection. What other talking point do you have?
    As a Batman and batfamily fan even before Damian was a thing bruce was already a shitty parent
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-28-2021 at 11:35 AM.

This is why many people want Dick to adopted Damian because of how terrible of a parent Bruce is. And that Dick should cut Bruce out of his life but in many ways all the Batkids are codependent. In many ways Dick can get out of Bruce's shadow but sadly he is the only one Bruce will listen to. None of the other kids can have Bruce listen to. So if not for the others I feel like Dick would have left Bruce alone
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-28-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Momentarily steering the conversation away from Damian's shitty parents (Yes. Plural. They both suck.)

He has a way bigger role in the Beast Boy and Raven book than I thought he would. And, as far as alternate character takes go, he's actually pretty damn great. The book itself was already really enjoyable, but seeing him as a supporting character, as set up for his and Dick's book, was a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is why many people want Dick to adopted Damian because of how terrible of a parent Bruce is. And that Dick should cut Bruce out of his life but in many ways all the Batkids are codependent. In many ways Dick can get out of Bruce's shadow but sadly he is the only one Bruce will listen to. None of the other kids can have Bruce listen to. So if not for the others I feel like Dick would have left Bruce alone
    Dick can't adopt Damian. In real life that would be an option but in this fictional world where they are all devices to advance bruce's story it won't happen.

If Tom king can shoot Dick in the head, Derail the nightwing and Titans titles for over a years just for one issue plot pay off in Batman's title then even Dick adopting Damian won't make a difference aside from make things worse for Dick and the nightwing title.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Momentarily steering the conversation away from Damian's shitty parents (Yes. Plural. They both suck.)

He has a way bigger role in the Beast Boy and Raven book than I thought he would. And, as far as alternate character takes go, he's actually pretty damn great. The book itself was already really enjoyable, but seeing him as a supporting character, as set up for his and Dick's book, was a nice surprise.
    So Kami knows what she's doing unlike Ridley on Supersons

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Well, Damian has a good amount of changes in personality. I was surprised how flirty he was with Rave's cousin.

That said, I really like Damian in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is why many people want Dick to adopted Damian because of how terrible of a parent Bruce is.
    I'm kinda torn on that. On one hand, yes. Damian probably would have been better off leaving with Dick after Bruce came back. He really is the Piccolo to Damian's Gohan. And I'd kill to see another mainline book starring those two again.

But on the other hand...from a narrative standpoint, I really enjoy how complicated Bruce and Damian's relationship is. Especially in Tomasi's Batman and Robin. It's infuriating sometimes. Especially the moments where Bruce is straight up negligent and forgets that Damian is a child who just thinks he's grown up. But it's an interesting dynamic that I'm glad we got to see. Much like his relationship with Talia (Who I've honestly found to be just as bad as Bruce. Just for different reasons)

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Yeah. This Damian is still different but he feels a lot more like himself than "Ian" did. He's a different version but not a completely different character, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm kinda torn on that. On one hand, yes. Damian probably would have been better off leaving with Dick after Bruce came back. He really is the Piccolo to Damian's Gohan. And I'd kill to see another mainline book starring those two again.

But on the other hand...from a narrative standpoint, I really enjoy how complicated Bruce and Damian's relationship is. Especially in Tomasi's Batman and Robin. It's infuriating sometimes. Especially the moments where Bruce is straight up negligent and forgets that Damian is a child who just thinks he's grown up. But it's an interesting dynamic that I'm glad we got to see. Much like his relationship with Talia (Who I've honestly found to be just as bad as Bruce. Just for different reasons)
    The issue becomes how many times can you do the same thing. By that I mean they have Damian with good character development and yes people do take steps back but we get really bad step backs with both Damian. With Bruce I get. But with Damian I don't why we keep getting him worst than what he is. I'm not saying he can't be somewhat of a a-hole that is he personality but there is a way to make him likeable and not be him at square one

That's the issue with the Batfam they often get back to square one or more of a sidekick role like Dick. I feel like Dc wants to have Dick be robin but they can't.