Page 120 of 259 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I more or less agree with this. Traditionally Talia has only feared one person, alive. Her Father Ra's Al Ghul. We have seen Talia out scheme Lex Luthor. We've seen her assault Dr. Light, Green Lantern and other Justice League members, manipulate Superman and dictate marching orders to Cheetah, Felix Faust, Metal and etc. Yet it is a non-meta, Ra's Al Ghul that scares her. The only person she has ever seen successfully defy and defeat her Father, is Batman. I got the attraction on Talia's part. And I got why it has lasted so long.

Someone described Talia as "being in love and in hate, with Bruce." Funny enough, I always thought Talia's ideal match would have been someone like Lex or Slade.

I think she truly believes (as her recent appearance suggest) that Bruce is a bad influence on Damian and I think we will see her, in the future, scheming to erode that relationship.
    As a daddy issues girl, a man or woman that defy my father get immediately a appeal and my interest @_@ never though I would see myself in Talia Al Ghul

I think there has been, and still is to an extent, impression that there is a triangle between Batman, Ra's and Talia. And it diminishes Talia, she is often seen as a prize - something that Bruce can "win" and something that Ra's can "offer" to Bruce. It does play to the old power fantasy of hero travelling to some exotic country and finding a hot princess. Now, you might argue that this ain't really the case because X and Y happened in one storyline or another, but I'm pretty sure that this is how majority of casual fans see Talia.

I always thought that one of the goals for Morrison was to create a new status quo for Talia. Damian fundamentally alters her relationship with Bruce and to me Batman Inc. was mostly about her stepping out of her father's shadow. In the end her father is imprisoned and Bruce is defeated, she loses only due to betrayal. Understandably not everyone loved this and I feel like DC took few steps back when they brought her back, but looking at what is going now I feel like they are slowly pushing her in that direction again. Ra's can stay as Batman's villain, but Talia is above him.

Fantastic Member

Damian fundamentally alters her relationship with Bruce and to me Batman Inc. was mostly about her stepping out of her father's shadow. In the end her father is imprisoned and Bruce is defeated, she loses only due to betrayal. Understandably not everyone loved this and I feel like DC took few steps back when they brought her back,
    It is so strange to me. I feel like Damian is the best new character to debut in decades, but I utterly loathe the way Morrison writes the Al Ghuls. I find his Damian to be one of my least preferred (under stand how strange that is since GM created him) and his Talia was so one-dimensional. I really expected Morisson to end every issue she was in with her sitting somewhere and going "Bwahahahaha." The skull mask he had her in was also ridiculous. IMO.

I was so thankful DC didn't allow that to be the end for the character. Considering her potential nuanced dynamic with Damian (quite a few other writers are capable of displaying this) I think Talia still brings a lot to the franchise.

I see Talia eventually viewing Bruce as just one of her "dalliances." When she is through with a guy, she does have a "let them eat cake" outlook. Especially with the way she described "the detective" in the recent Totality discussion. The only thing worthwhile about Bruce, is Damian.

Thinking about Talia... her life is suck =_= I just remember her fight with Seline, she said "When I give my first step my father didn't cry of happiness, he give me a sword and said 'fight'" or something like this, so bad =__=, Damian had this life for 10 years, but she had all her life... maybe Bruce showing up really changes Talia in a way she couldn't imagine... she always talked about Bruce for Damian as a amazing man because she believes that, why would she talk so much good things for Damian and keeps Bruce's cowl if she doesn't?

Just caught up on the first two issues of the new series. Pure fun! The art is just perfect and I love the whole goofy “you only get to die three times” set up, a few intriguing new characters and some fave existing characters (Ravager, Vic). Can’t wait for issue 3!

Damian return to Gotham or a Flashback? I see buildings here.

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...02196088938498

Damian wayne Robin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Damian wayne Robin.jpg
    Too early to know. Either way, it looks great.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Damian wayne Robin.jpg
    I really like Damian's new costume. here he looks alike a demon/ninja. The white eyes are eerie

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Too early to know. Either way, it looks great.
    yeah the look makes sense for Damian.

They've really screwed over Talia just to make other characters look better in comparison.
    Like we've said before, Talia is Slut-Shamed while Bruce is a Role model, yet they've both been through a fair share of lovers.

The thing with Talia and Jason still makes me cringe - I don't even know if it's counted as canon anymore but I lost a little respect for both characters. I put it out of my mind until I saw a meme this morning.

That's why Jason's the Rebound Robin in my mind
    Bruce lost Dick as Robin - Jason's your boi
    Talia can't have Bruce - How about Jason as your boi toy?
    Kori broke up with Dick - Jaybird to the rescue
    Babs and Dick Break Up - Jason as Obi-Wan "Hello There!"
    Last edited by Shen; 06-17-2021 at 09:46 PM.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    They've really screwed over Talia just to make other characters look better in comparison.
    Like we've said before, Talia is Slut-Shamed while Bruce is a Role model, yet they've both been through a fair share of lovers.

The thing with Talia and Jason still makes me cringe - I don't even know if it's counted as canon anymore but I lost a little respect for both characters. I put it out of my mind until I saw a meme this morning.

That's why Jason's the Rebound Robin in my mind
    Bruce lost Dick as Robin - Jason's your boi
    Talia can't have Bruce - How about Jason as your boi toy?
    Kori broke up with Dick - Jaybird to the rescue
    Babs and Dick Break Up - Jason as Obi-Wan "Hello There!"
    Damn, I never thought about it like that. Tim and Damian better look out, Steph and Flatline could be next, LMAO!
    Last edited by KrustyKid; 06-17-2021 at 11:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    YES, the tournament finally begins! Ravager against him surprises me a little bit, I wonder if it has something to do with Respawn!

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

1 on 2
    Or 1 v1