Page 93 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian a kid with an eclectic interest in entertainment, hobbies, knowledge of cultures, back ground, education and love of the arts and yet fans don't go for the most obvious likelihood that he discovered manga on his own rather they choose to put forward being introduced to it by jon or maps [that's even more far fetched since they have had what 3 interactions and in none of those did we ever get any indication that maps is even into manga WTF is going on with these ridiculous HC's]

Art, violin, video games, literature, music, drama, dressing up, playing pretend, mimicking movies, chess and so much more are all some of his hobbies we've seen.

Damian's interest in manga is no doubt an addition from Williamson and Gleb being fans, the nature of the theme of the Robin series and manga's being very much a part of today's pop culture/trend.

Poor maya and colin. At least throw them in as possible friends who might have influenced Damian before Maps. A character that has even less of a relationship with Damian than Suren
    I really liked the Manga idea. Even more when I read what was in the pages. It's about painting, one of Damian's hobbies from back when he was in the LoA.

There's also the conversation in the manga that resonates with him, about how the character's parents tell him to always have a plan to be the best, but his friend tells him to forget about all that and find his own way.

"Try to paint from the heart." To me, that page means a lot more than Damian's love for Manga. It's a reflection of his journey, and the path that's open for him to take. No Bats, no Demons, just Damian. I like that.

Of course, Damian's like "Nah, you've gotta have a plan." but that's just classic Dami XD.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Damian a kid with an eclectic interest in entertainment, hobbies, knowledge of cultures, back ground, education and love of the arts and yet fans don't go for the most obvious likelihood that he discovered manga on his own rather they choose to put forward being introduced to it by jon or maps [that's even more far fetched since they have had what 3 interactions and in none of those did we ever get any indication that maps is even into manga WTF is going on with these ridiculous HC's]

Art, violin, video games, literature, music, drama, dressing up, playing pretend, mimicking movies, chess and so much more are all some of his hobbies we've seen.

Damian's interest in manga is no doubt an addition from Williamson and Gleb being fans, the nature of the theme of the Robin series and manga's being very much a part of today's pop culture/trend.

Poor maya and colin. At least throw them in as possible friends who might have influenced Damian before Maps. A character that has even less of a relationship with Damian than Suren
    Does jon read manga now? Has he ever read manga? Posters of an anime character doesn't mean he reads manga. he could just like anime or more likely it's an in joke like the Conner kent poster that was also a thing on his wall b4 Conner was even brought back. b4 Jon or even Superman met Conner in Rebirth.

this is from Superson 10
    Of course it's an in joke, but if no other characters mention or make reference to it, then the closest reference will be taken. Did Maya have that reference or in joke? Suren won't since his appearance was limited to his clan.

I know Damian knows his arts, classics, video games, netflix, twitter and Chirper and some pop culture on his own so it make sense that he would know manga on his own, but it's also fun to imagine him learning it from someone else who's shown to have that interest (or the closest possible one, like anime in-joke) otherwise he'll just be The Kid Who Knows Everything On His Own and don't need anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I really liked the Manga idea. Even more when I read what was in the pages. It's about painting, one of Damian's hobbies from back when he was in the LoA.

There's also the conversation in the manga that resonates with him, about how the character's parents tell him to always have a plan to be the best, but his friend tells him to forget about all that and find his own way.

"Try to paint from the heart." To me, that page means a lot more than Damian's love for Manga. It's a reflection of his journey, and the path that's open for him to take. No Bats, no Demons, just Damian. I like that.

Of course, Damian's like "Nah, you've gotta have a plan." but that's just classic Dami XD.
    I'm so glad that some one else noticed the content of the manga itself and that it held as much significance for someone else beside me. Thank you.

I loved that so much. Such a small detail bit it means tons and speaks volumes about Williamson's love, knowledge and understanding of Damian.

I saw some spoilers and discuss before reading the actual issue that had me groan [the whole humbling discuss] but having read the issue and in particular the manga I have total confidence in Williamson. He gets it. He knows Damian. How far the character has come and he's ready to take him to the next stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Of course it's an in joke, but if no other characters mention or make reference to it, then the closest reference will be taken. Did Maya have that reference or in joke? Suren won't since his appearance was limited to his clan.

I know Damian knows his arts, classics, video games, netflix, twitter and Chirper and some pop culture on his own so it make sense that he would know manga on his own, but it's also fun to imagine him learning it from someone else who's shown to have that interest (or the closest possible one, like anime in-joke) otherwise he'll just be The Kid Who Knows Everything On His Own and don't need anyone else.
    Damian IS sadly the kid who knows abnormally more should be possible thanks to his ahem ... intense upbringing. except he doesn't know something every kid takes for granted and most kids know. How to be a kid. That is what makes Jon unique in Damian's circle. Jon thought Damian how to be a kid.

Jon is the character that brings out Damian's kid side. I mean that's the whole concept behind Supersons.

Jon doesn't need to introduce Damian to manga, he taught how to pretend fly, they started a garage band together and so much more that we actually saw in the comics.

Williamson introduced Damian to manga.

I forgot about twitter and netflix
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-06-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Damian IS sadly the kid who knows abnormally more should be possible thanks to his ahem ... intense upbringing. except he doesn't know something every kid takes for granted and most kids know. How to be a kid. That is what makes Jon unique in Damian's circle. Jon thought Damian how to be a kid.

Jon is the character that brings out Damian's kid side. I mean that's the whole concept behind Supersons.

Jon doesn't need to introduce Damian to manga, he taught how to pretend fly, they started a garage band together and so much more that we actually saw in the comics.

Williamson introduced Damian to manga.

I forgot about twitter and netflix
    I don’t think that exclusively Jon’s to claims
    It was the upbringing of Dick and Alfred who contributed to that as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I don’t think that exclusively Jon’s to claims
    It was the upbringing of Dick and Alfred who contributed to that as well
    I think you misunderstand, his intense upbringing is my nice way of phrasing his abusive and intense nurturing/training that aimed to create the next Alexander rather than allowing a child to be a child. That's not Dick or Alfred.

His learning to be a kid and the one in his circle who allows him to be a kid is Jon and Steph. Steph did that 1st.

Dick made him family, introduced him to the fact that love can be unconditional + so much more but I don't want this getting lengthy.

Alfred sent him away and is actually a lying manipulative shitbag to all the Batkids. He only truly cares about Master bruce.

I think you misunderstand, his intense upbringing is my nice way of phrasing his abusive and intense nurturing/training that aimed to create the next Alexander rather than allowing a child to be a child. That's not Dick or Alfred.

His learning to be a kid and the one in his circle who allows him to be a kid is Jon and Steph. Steph did that 1st.

Dick made him family, introduced him to the fact that love can be unconditional + so much more but I don't want this getting lengthy.
    Damian as the next Lex Luthor? Never thought of that before... Only if Jon Kent can be the next Joker!

I'm so glad that some one else noticed the content of the manga itself and that it held as much significance for someone else beside me. Thank you.
    Honestly, it was so on the nose, I didn't even think it needed to be mentioned lol

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Damian as the next Lex Luthor? Never thought of that before... Only if Jon Kent can be the next Joker!
    Alexander the Great. Talia called him her Alexander, she was Queen Olympias and Bruce would be their King Philip. The family Damian's always wanted.
    "What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" ~ Paarthurnax

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly, it was so on the nose, I didn't even think it needed to be mentioned lol
    It really was, but you'll be surprised how many of my friends just skimmed through it and thought it was just slice-of-life XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    No not DC's Lex, Alexander The Great from history.

Damian did however date Lexi Luthor. Lex's daughter in Multiversity The Just

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    All the comments I'd seen re that manga were suggestions about it being Jon's influence so glad others noticed the content. I thought it was a nice touch.

No not DC's Lex, Alexander The Great from history.

Damian did however date Lexi Luthor. Lex's daughter in Multiversity The Just
    "You're sick and twisted. All that stuff, Batman likes." XD I loved that relationship. I mean until, y'know...

I kinda felt bad for Alexis.
    Last edited by Shen; 05-07-2021 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    "You're sick and twisted. All that stuff, Batman likes." XD I loved that relationship. I mean until, y'know...

I kinda felt bad for Alexis.
    I liked it too. I wish we got to see more of that world.

As much as I enjoyed the dynamic between Damian and Lexi I was more intrigued about Damian and Chris. Why does he REALLY have that lead lined wardrobe?

I didn't buy the reason they gave.

I liked it too. I wish we got to see more of that world.

As much as I enjoyed the dynamic between Damian and Lexi I was more intrigued about Damian and Chris. Why does he REALLY have that lead lined wardrobe?

I didn't buy the reason they gave.
    Oh god... how did I miss that?!

I think I ignored that and just assumed Damian was straight coz of Lex. Daaaaamn, Lexi was right! She was their number 1 shipper XD.
    Last edited by Shen; 05-07-2021 at 04:44 AM.