Page 179 of 259 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3875
    Fantastic Member

Cookie Master.jpg

Pretty much in character so far, yes, as far as fun light hearted comics.

Just read the first three episodes of the Webtoon comic. I've seen a million comics like these on Tumblr, but they're good distillations of the characters and are just all-around enjoyable. To me, this is just an officially published fan comic, but that's not a problem.

We got a lot of good Damians, but this is one of my favorites:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Cookie Master.jpg

Pretty much in character so far, yes, as far as fun light hearted comics.
    It makes me excited for his movie

The webtoon brought a better Damian than most DC comics have the last couple of years (looking at you, Glass and Bendis!), and its just a light-hearted and fun series.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Just read the first three episodes of the Webtoon comic. I've seen a million comics like these on Tumblr, but they're good distillations of the characters and are just all-around enjoyable. To me, this is just an officially published fan comic, but that's not a problem.

We got a lot of good Damians, but this is one of my favorites:

Look at our Boy. This image brings me so much Joy.

I'm not a fan of the Bandaid [too kiddy] but I guess he's a kid and gets into scraps so it makes sense. J

fancomic level yeesh!

Are these free or do we have to Pay?

And if there's a fee do you think it's good enough to pay for?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Are these free or do we have to Pay?

And if there's a fee do you think it's good enough to pay for?
    The first three episodes are free! There's also another three up that you have to pay for currently, but I think they'll be released for free over the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What is his heritage? The only one we know for certain is he is half English from his dad's side, but Talia's heritage is never clarified. Sometime she is depicted as white, or as more East Asian, or sometime Middle Eastern.
    According to his Truth and Justice story, The Al Ghul's originate from the region that is now Turkey. The writer of the comic is Turkish so make of that what you will.

Talia's Mother is Chinese I think.

On my preferred skin tone for Damian. Not as pale as the other Robins and with features that reflect his Ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    The first three episodes are free! There's also another three up that you have to pay for currently, but I think they'll be released for free over the coming weeks.
    Thank you will go check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian Funko pop coming Sept 2021 10.99

Funko DC Comics Imperial Palace Robin Pop! Vinyl Figure

DC Comics Imperial Palace Robin Pop! Vinyl Figure:

This DC Comics Imperial Palace Robin Pop! Vinyl Figure measures approximately 3 3/4-inches tall. Comes packaged in a window display box.

Surprise! Surprise! This very special item might have limited variants randomly inserted throughout the production run. If extra lucky, you could potentially receive one of these highly sought-after ultra-rare collectibles when you order this item! Please note that we cannot accept requests for specific variants upon ordering, nor can we accept returns of opened items. And the item you receive may be slightly different from the standard edition pictured. Some attached images may include a picture of the prized variant.

In case you didn't know: What is a "chase variant" and why is it so special? Well, variants are slightly different productions made in limited number and inserted into the standard production run. Kind of like a golden ticket, you just never know when you might receive one! These variants are often called chase items because they're the versions that the most enthusiastic collectors are always chasing after to get. When you purchase multiple units, it can increase your chance of landing one of these popular treasures.Ages 3 and up

Finally a Damian Pop. Not too keen on the style of this. I hope we gat a regular Damian Robin pop aside from this special themed series.

Only the Harley from this series looks nice. Batman Looks the worst. Joker and Supes are decent I guess.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    Yeah when the new ones come out you have to pay, but then then the older ones become free when newer issues are put up. So you're back a week or three depending on how they have it set up. Not a big deal.

Now give me a Supersons and a Superman family sort of thing or a YJ webtoon and I'm golden for a bit.

Last edited by adrikito; 09-09-2021 at 03:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    According to his Truth and Justice story, The Al Ghul's originate from the region that is now Turkey. The writer of the comic is Turkish so make of that what you will.

Talia's Mother is Chinese I think.

On my preferred skin tone for Damian. Not as pale as the other Robins and with features that reflect his Ethnicity.
    If the Al Ghul's are from Turkey according to Damian's Truth and Justice story, then they aren't Arabs because the Turks are a different ethnic group from central Asia. Central Asians have lighter skin compared to South Asians. Damian having fair skin is accurate.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    If the Al Ghul's are from Turkey according to Damian's Truth and Justice story, then they aren't Arabs because the Turks are a different ethnic group from central Asia. Central Asians have lighter skin compared to South Asians. Damian having fair skin is accurate.
    Well since we're talking about some history.

The gods in that issue were Anatolian, specifically Hitties. So if we're going by the theory that the Al Ghuls originate from the Anatolia. Here's my take.

It could be the distance past the Al Ghuls was different in antiquity and classical period before the Arabian conquest in the region, that far into the past they would have seen the Persian, Macedonian, Roman, expansion in the region.

Where the original Al Ghuls probably took up the Al Ghul to adopt to the customs of that time, and intermarrying with the Arabs at the given time period. Though if the Al Ghuls were in Anatolia it was in the midst of the Ottoman empire and various other kingdoms. And where Ra's gets into the picture being born in 1430 in the Arabian region, and was described as a nomadic person.

So likely that the Al Ghuls were originally from Anatolia, intermarried with Arabs, and Ra's somewhere was born in the Arabian region who became a nomad and travelled to east via Silk Road.

That's my take.

All-New Member

With all due respect to everyone but how can they decide Damian skin color when they are yet to decide is Talia white or a POC.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryrun View Post
    With all due respect to everyone but how can they decide Damian skin color when they are yet to decide is Talia white or a POC.
    Either way, its better than that fake Super Sons series that happened. It had Jon (probably the closest one to being in character), a female OC, and "Ian". Not "Damian", because he "didn't like the name", but "Ian". Talk about going the extra mile to white-wash a character.