Page 209 of 259 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3875
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Personal fav is Irey, just because of Wally and Dick's reaction, there's just something entertaining about it. Could be a good substitute with Irey's speed force powers coming into hijinks, sorta like Supersons. Also, weird enough, I could see their interactions like....Darien and Serena.

Regarding on how Damian might show romantic interest, agreed. Anyone could mistake him as an asexual. Which is another option, and a good alternative, because his other brothers are all hogging the place with their 1+ selection of love interest. Can't be flirtatious as Dick, can't be...whatever Jason is, and can't be Tim's oblivious but cute ordinary way.

The way of handling on how Damian could be attracted to someone needs to be....unique, or un-orthodox. Like he interacts in a way, that distinguishes him from his brothers. Something like, he interacts but it isn't too romantic but not too platonic. Something in between. Dunno, I can be fine if he's asexual.
    Irey would be awesome with him. That would be a great dynamic and seeing Wally and Dick probably following them around when they're in civie form just to see what they get up to. Darien and Serena would be a good choice to use for inspiration for them. I kind of wish they too had let him interact with Hal's niece Helen as she's a teaser, and likes to get reactions out of people (like calling Ollie Batman and his face reaction to it), so that might have been fun.

Agreed Damian can't just be a flirt or like a mini Bruce. Like he can have some of Bruce's skills but he never struck me as a Dick, Jason, or Tim. He's not Mr. Charming, he's not...whatever Jason is (bad boy smirker?) and he's not Tim "blush" at things. He was raised in a very different environment, so part of me wonders if he would see romance as more a way to get information or other things like his mother used it. At the same time, I could see him giving a picture to the person he liked as a way of saying he liked them. Like he can't physically say it or communicate it in words, but does so in art? And yeah that why I was saying Asexual because it just feels like it could fit him. (I'm trying to remember if Aromantic means you can be romantic but not want sex)

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I am sorry for you but... I see it hard. They make him grow, choose his sexuality and even started a ship. All that development would be lost making him a Kid again.
    They aged up Bart and then de-aged him, They aged up Chris and then De-aged him. DC has a habit of doing this. You can keep a lot of his development if you make him 13 or 14. Kids that age are going through a lot of emotions and you can have a bi young teen.

MAPS. I miss her too. She will appear again but sadly we should not wait someting big.

Did not knew that Black Canary had a daughter.
    She was cool and i hope they can bring her back in some way much earlier.

Yup Sin was adopted and saved from becoming the next Lady Shiva. She had to be hidden from the League of Assassins as they want to use her to become the next Shiva and basically kill the old one.

I see. OK. I will not see The film but... Knowing this the images will not surprise me later.

Damian existed for 15 years. He did not had time to Grow as character? 3 lustrums of existence against... 6 years?

Superboy is who received a Crazy growing since was introduced. Despite I do not envy him.. I would not like see Damian suddently reach 18 or 20 years for No Reason. Neither be Batman watching Damian avoiding the Batfamily.. Be Batman is a curse.
    We don't even know what the SuperSons movie is going to be about only that it's going to be animated.

Damian in those 15 years has only grown 4 and he really hasn't matured the same way Dick, Jason and Tim have. It took Tim years to get to the point he's at. Right now I honestly think he needs to focus on building friendships over having a girlfriend or boyfriend. His best friend got aged up, he hasn't seen Maps, or Collin, he's dealt with a lot recently and now he's going on the road with his dad. Letting him mature more would be a good thing, let him be 15 or 16 before we start pairing him up.

For Jon fans who wanted him to be give time to grow like Damian and the other kids that was taken away. I expect in a few years they're going to age up Damian too.

I also though that he was Asexual. Others said that to me. But when it was said that Emiko Queen was his first love I saw that there was more in Bruce in him than what I was expecting..
    Is only that I am interested in see how this will happen. Is his first Ship IN CANON. Dick has Barbara and Starfire as girlfriends option.. I know that this will not be forever.

PERSONAL QUESTION.. Is your avatar Spiderman hugging Green Goblin?

After the DAMIRAE I think that is too late to think that he is Asexual. The person who reads him should had ignores the previous universe films and Damirae fanarts.
    Well it matches how he reacts to things. I mean, again, it could be an interesting take on it. He said the same thing of Supergirl in the past too and they had him in an Elseworld's tale be in love with her (Not sure if it was Injustice or not). Not a huge fan of Emiko and him, but it's more a crush thing than actual love. I'm not sure if Flatline has sticking power, the same way Jay I don't think has sticking power. If anything I think they'll probably go with a non power for him later.

Avatar is actual spider-girl (May "MayDay" Parker) the daughter of Peter and MJ (who also apparently is a threat to Mephisto) and she's hugging the good Green Goblin, who was Normie Osborn in the MC2 for a bit after he came to help her since she saved him. I have a soft spot for those two as friends and romantic. The latter never happened, he got engaged and married to the Raptor, the second Vulture's daughter.

What is Damirae?

Damirae is the ship name of Damian and Raven, from the animated films. Speaking of which; Raven and Beast Boy are two more that have been aged up and down over the years. And they originally around Dick's age.

And I'm glad they've finally gone back to being Dick's age. I've noticed with their young heroes, DC really has a problem when it comes to who should be getting older and who shouldn't be.

Jon? Right now? Hell no. That was and will always be a mistake.

Damian and Shazam? Yes, and I like the gradual approach with them. It's the perfect way to do it. Honestly, I'd argue Shazam's been around long enough to justify him getting even older, but then I also realize that they'd need to find a new selling point for him if he's no longer a kid posing as an adult.

Beast Boy and Raven? Never should have been de-aged in the first place.

Tim's generation? For ****'s sake! Let them be adults, already! Please! When Bart got aged up the same way Jon did, it was a terrible idea and I'm glad it failed. But damn! That doesn't mean I wanted the whole generation to stay frozen in time. Didn't they just confirm that Tim is still sixteen? Despite the fact that Damian's gotten a whole four years older since he was introduced?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    And I'm glad they've finally gone back to being Dick's age. I've noticed with their young heroes, DC really has a problem when it comes to who should be getting older and who shouldn't be.

Jon? Right now? Hell no. That was and will always be a mistake.

Damian and Shazam? Yes, and I like the gradual approach with them. It's the perfect way to do it. Honestly, I'd argue Shazam's been around long enough to justify him getting even older, but then I also realize that they'd need to find a new selling point for him if he's no longer a kid posing as an adult.

Beast Boy and Raven? Never should have been de-aged in the first place.

Tim's generation? For ****'s sake! Let them be adults, already! Please! When Bart got aged up the same way Jon did, it was a terrible idea and I'm glad it failed. But damn! That doesn't mean I wanted the whole generation to stay frozen in time. Didn't they just confirm that Tim is still sixteen? Despite the fact that Damian's gotten a whole four years older since he was introduced?
    Beast Boy and Raven should be closer to Dick or Jason's age like 19 or so. Cyborg, Dick, Babs, Kori, Tempest, et all, should be in their mid 20s at oldest. Jason should just be a year or so younger than Dick so if Dick is 25/26 then jason should be like 23/24.

Jon, Damian, Irey, Jae, Lian and Helen should all be about the same age between 12 and 14 maybe 15

Tim's generation should be like 17 to 19 or 20 at oldest maybe 21 for Kon. Yes they did, again, which is very dumb in in general. And it's going to end up where Tim's going to be younger than Damian at some point. Not to mention Duke which people forget about who was supposed to be only a few years older than Damian like one or two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

They aged up Bart and then de-aged him, They aged up Chris and then De-aged him. DC has a habit of doing this. You can keep a lot of his development if you make him 13 or 14. Kids that age are going through a lot of emotions and you can have a bi young teen.
    I think that with Supergirl too. I think that she had 17 in N52 and 16 YEARS in rebirth(WTF..) but...

What is the point in call him SuperMAN and then make him a SuperBOY again making him younger? Anyway. Nothing is FOREVER or Dick Grayson would continue as Batman.

Yes. Probably in 2-3 years he will be called Superboy again and Clark will be the only superman again. Same with Batman and Wonderwoman.

She was cool and i hope they can bring her back in some way much earlier.

Yup Sin was adopted and saved from becoming the next Lady Shiva. She had to be hidden from the League of Assassins as they want to use her to become the next Shiva and basically kill the old one.
    Adoptive one.. Of course. I was stupid thinking that she had a real daughter. But existing cases like Roy I though that it was possible

We don't even know what the SuperSons movie is going to be about only that it's going to be animated.

Damian in those 15 years has only grown 4 and he really hasn't matured the same way Dick, Jason and Tim have. It took Tim years to get to the point he's at. Right now I honestly think he needs to focus on building friendships over having a girlfriend or boyfriend. His best friend got aged up, he hasn't seen Maps, or Collin, he's dealt with a lot recently and now he's going on the road with his dad. Letting him mature more would be a good thing, let him be 15 or 16 before we start pairing him up.

For Jon fans who wanted him to be give time to grow like Damian and the other kids that was taken away. I expect in a few years they're going to age up Damian too.
    Friendships?? Rose and Connor could be Damian friends in this comic but... I heard here many times that DC ends breaking Damian friendships. I prefer enjoys what I see coming(the ship) until they break someday or something happens like this comic ending separating them.

Have 13-14 did not stopped the fans not give him canon&no canon ships fanarts&fanfics.. Why the editorial canīt make it now when they have been trying it since he had 13?

Blame DC and... I think that DIDIO G5. Who wanted Damian and him be enemies with Damian taking the Villain role. Apparently the crazy growing was his fault not a Bendis crazy idea.

Well it matches how he reacts to things. I mean, again, it could be an interesting take on it. He said the same thing of Supergirl in the past too and they had him in an Elseworld's tale be in love with her (Not sure if it was Injustice or not). Not a huge fan of Emiko and him, but it's more a crush thing than actual love. I'm not sure if Flatline has sticking power, the same way Jay I don't think has sticking power. If anything I think they'll probably go with a non power for him later.

Avatar is actual spider-girl (May "MayDay" Parker) the daughter of Peter and MJ (who also apparently is a threat to Mephisto) and she's hugging the good Green Goblin, who was Normie Osborn in the MC2 for a bit after he came to help her since she saved him. I have a soft spot for those two as friends and romantic. The latter never happened, he got engaged and married to the Raptor, the second Vulture's daughter.

What is Damirae?
    I said it above.. I only want to enjoy this comic&ship as while as I can. Robin:Son of Batman was cancelled before the expected for rebirth fault and we were unable to learn about Maya past.. Who knows if this comic will have a similar fate because of a Future DC event fault.

Not sure what to think about these ships.. Tim and Steph looked like the Perfect Ship and was broken by DC.. Despite I saw some people saying that this Tim boyfriend has many things in common with Steph(blond, blue eyes, part of his personality) like if Steph suddently turned in a guy.

Ahhh.. Sorry.. Watching these colors I was only able to think in Green Goblin..

DamiRae.. Is the Ship between Damian and Raven that started in the previous DC animated Films world. They even kissed.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-13-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Damirae is the ship name of Damian and Raven, from the animated films. Speaking of which; Raven and Beast Boy are two more that have been aged up and down over the years. And they originally around Dick's age.
    Raven was dicks's agem then at some point she died and came back beast boys age he has for the first time been made of legal adult age this year

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I don't mind Damian getting a love interest. We've seen him in relationships so we know it's not Out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I don't mind Damian getting a love interest. We've seen him in relationships so we know it's not Out of character.
    Yeah.. You are right in that.

I think that after the DamiRae one Damian with a girlfriend could not be considered something crazy.

I liked his dynamic with Supergirl in Injustice comic.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-14-2021 at 04:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Damian and Jon are getting Super Sons (now called Superman and Robin) special in January, Tomasi is writing it. It's not clear if this is the beginning of a new series, or just one shot.
    That Jimenez cover with Damian and Jon was exactly for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Damian and Jon are getting Super Sons (now called Superman and Robin) special in January, Tomasi is writing it. It's not clear if this is the beginning of a new series, or just one shot.
    Well...guess it's time for me to tap out. If they got Tomasi, I ain't got a leg to stand on anymore. RIP to the real Jon Kent, we hardly knew ye.

I'll buy the issue solely because Tomasi's name is on it. He's one of those writers I'll get anything from. Plus, Vik Bogdanovic is also drawing the issue, so that's cool, I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If the sales are good DC might get the message

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Well...guess it's time for me to tap out. If they got Tomasi, I ain't got a leg to stand on anymore. RIP to the real Jon Kent, we hardly knew ye.
    Same. Not even a Tomasi written Super Sons reunion can get me on board with this. The fact that they even made a point to say they're not Super Sons anymore is just...eh. No thanks. Not even checking this out.

Incredible Member

I'll buy the issue solely because Tomasi's name is on it. He's one of those writers I'll get anything from. Plus, Vik Bogdanovic is also drawing the issue, so that's cool, I guess.
    I'm not. I figured DC would probably try something like this eventually. But I want Jon de-aged and it's not negotiable. It doesn't matter if they got Tomasi to write it. You're giving up too easy I think.

They want to try and get the Super-Sons fans onboard, without actually giving us what we want, by trying to convince us that it can work with the aged up Jon. But it can't. It isn't going to have anything resembling the dynamic I liked and want back. Damian being 14 and Jon being 18 means it can't be the same and isn't going to be on top of the fact this Jon spent 7 years separated from everyone including Daiman being tortured in another universe. It's going to awkward as hell with age difference plus them either ignoring the circumstances of Jon or trying to adress it. It simply isn't going to work or be acceptable.

They hope Tomasi can give it a veneer of legitimacy, but it doesn't in my eyes. He has to work with what they give him, and I don't want what they given him to work with.

So, no. I'm not supporting this, just like I refuse to support anything else with an aged up Jon. I want him de-aged and the most I'm willing to compromise to is him being de-aged to Damian's age of 13-14. This is the first Super-Sons project I have to flat out reject and hope to fail, sadly, but it seems that DC is determined to try everything to get aged up Jon an audience and learn the hard way that I, and hopefully most other people, don't want aged up Jon. The ball is sadly in DC's court and they want to be stubborn about this.

In MUCH more interesting Damian related news...

spoilers:
    Everyone who called Mother Blood being his grandmother was...almost right. Great grandmother. Close enough. Not gonna lie, even when people were speculating it, I was thinking "ain't no way in hell they're gonna make the Al Ghul bloodline even more fucked up" but they did lol

Looking forward to see how that plays out
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'm not. I figured DC would probably try something like this eventually. But I want Jon de-aged and it's not negotiable. It doesn't matter if they got Tomasi to write it. You're giving up too easy I think.

They want to try and get the Super-Sons fans onboard, without actually giving us what we want, by trying to convince us that it can work with the aged up Jon. But it can't. It isn't going to have anything resembling the dynamic I liked and want back. Damian being 14 and Jon being 18 means it can't be the same and isn't going to be on top of the fact this Jon spent 7 years separated from everyone including Daiman being tortured in another universe. It's going to awkward as hell with age difference plus them either ignoring the circumstances of Jon or trying to adress it. It simply isn't going to work or be acceptable.

They hope Tomasi can give it a veneer of legitimacy, but it doesn't in my eyes. He has to work with what they give him, and I don't want what they given him to work with.

So, no. I'm not supporting this, just like I refuse to support anything else with an aged up Jon. I want him de-aged and the most I'm willing to compromise to is him being de-aged to Damian's age of 13-14. This is the first Super-Sons project I have to flat out reject and hope to fail, sadly, but it seems that DC is determined to try everything to get aged up Jon an audience and learn the hard way that I, and hopefully most other people, don't want aged up Jon. The ball is sadly in DC's court and they want to be stubborn about this.
    Repost from the Jon thread:

You're right, I was very easily swayed by Tomasi's name. He's been my litmus test through this entire ordeal. His leaving DC with the presumption it was because of the age up, or at least that the age up was significant contributing factor, was a major feather in our cap for de-legitimizing the age up. Like I said, I'll buy anything with his name on it, but I forgot the man is a professional writer. Most writers would write books they creatively disagree with if they were paid enough, as I'm sure Tomasi was offered something pretty sweet for him to come back, even if it is for one issue.

I'm glad I'm not in this fight alone because seeing others just as vehemently opposed to the age up as I am reminds me exactly what we're fighting for and how we fight for it. Thank you.