Page 204 of 259 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3875
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Because the characters aren't Asian?

On the other hand, I think the actor for Damian looks pretty spot on.
    Their tall dark and handsome like the rest of the Robin line and, incredible martial artist/ stuntmen
    I was hoping for Yoshi in the films but this might be better

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    There are Middle Eastern people who are white passing, you understand? Like, a ton of them. Who feel represented by Damian.
    II understand that a ton of white passing Middle Eastern are a thing Do they feel they are represented by a white passing, Asian/Middle Eastern Caucasian whose Grand mother was Jewish? I can't speak for that demographic nor do I have any secondary data to support it so won't assume.

I have never seen a post comment, blog, tweet that read thanks for making Damian white Passing

I do know that social media has a huge number of Middle Eastern and SE Asian Damian fans who have been asking, petitioning and bugging DC and Writers to make him more visually represent his mixed heritage. There's a magnitude of secondary data showing that Damian's middle Eastern fans like him to look like a PoC. They like him darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Their tall dark and handsome like the rest of the Robin line and, incredible martial artist/ stuntmen
    I was hoping for Yoshi in the films but this might be better
    You know who else is tall, Dark, handsome and can do martial arts? Romani men and Caucasian men

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    II understand that a ton of white passing Middle Eastern are a thing Do they feel they are represented by a white passing, Asian/Middle Eastern Caucasian whose Grand mother was Jewish? I can't speak for that demographic nor do I have any secondary data to support it so won't assume.

I have never seen a post comment, blog, tweet that read thanks for making Damian white Passing

I do know that social media has a huge number of Middle Eastern and SE Asian Damian fans who have been asking, petitioning and bugging DC and Writers to make him more visually represent his mixed heritage. There's a magnitude of secondary data showing that Damian's middle Eastern fans like him to look like a PoC. They like him darker.
    A ton of people asking aren't Middle Eastern in the slightest. They're primarily white and/or other minorities who aren't very knowledgeable on the topic.

No idea what your entire first paragraph is about, though.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 10-09-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

When people ask for Damian's look's to reflect his heritage, they understand that there are people who pass. However comics are a visual meduim and since we are talking representation it's understandable why fans want Damian to look different from Bruce and the Rest of the Bat boys who have no Asian or middle eastern genes.
    Not sure what ethnicity Damians actor is, but he doesn't look middle eastern.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    TBH, there isn't really a solid line on a proper ideal of what "Middle Eastern" person should look like. Would you say Gal Gadot looks Middle Eastern?

Because she is....

But people from Greece and Crete look pretty similar.

Damian is so incredibly mixed that I just can't get too hung up on how he looks between his different portrayals. As long as he's not super pale, I'm always satisfied. Even as a dark skinned POC, I never really understood why the DC fandom chose this character, of all people, to get so heated about when it comes to his skin tone. As if people just forget that not only do light skinned middle eastern people exist, and deserve representation just as much as anyone else, but that the boy is half white. Half white and half BATMAN, aka the guy whose genetics are so strong that even his adopted kids look like him.

Yes, Damian should have some color to him. Yes, it's great that some artists (particularly whoever drew him in that one Ric book) are giving him facial features that match his mixed heritage. But realistically, he shouldn't look anywhere near as dark as he does in all the fanart or in the Wayne Family Adventures comic (which I now hear people call the "correct version" of Damian). Like...I understand the need for diversity and representation. Lord knows adding some color to the Batfamily is never a bad thing. But..I think people really forget that he is still just as white as he is Asian. Between Bruce's genes and everything that makes up the Al-Ghul bloodline (you know...whenever they acknowledge how mixed that gene pool is), he is one of the last characters you wanna start a war over in terms of how they should look.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-09-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Damian is so incredibly mixed that I just can't get too hung up on how he looks between his different portrayals. As long as he's not super pale, I'm always satisfied. Even as a dark skinned POC, I never really understood why the DC fandom chose this character, of all people, to get so heated about when it comes to his skin tone. As if people just forget that not only do light skinned middle eastern people exist, and deserve representation just as much as anyone else, but that the boy is half white. Half white and half BATMAN, aka the guy whose genetics are so strong that even his adopted kids look like him.

Yes, Damian should have some color to him. Yes, it's great that some artists (particularly whoever drew him in that one Ric book) are giving him facial features that match his mixed heritage. But realistically, he shouldn't look anywhere near as dark as he does in all the fanart or in the Wayne Family Adventures comic (which I now hear people call the "correct version" of Damian). Like...I understand the need for diversity and representation. Lord knows adding some color to the Batfamily is never a bad thing. But..I think people really forget that he is still just as white as he is Asian. Between Bruce's genes and everything that makes up the Al-Ghul bloodline (you know...whenever they acknowledge how mixed that gene pool is), he is one of the last characters you wanna start a war over in terms of how they should look.
    Yeah, Canonically, what skin tone does Talia have? Mix that with Bruce and.... you're not getting someone with dark skin.... nope... not gonna happen.

I mean, really... Also, while Bruce is less pale than most "white" guys, still not dark though.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 10-09-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    A ton of people asking aren't Middle Eastern in the slightest. They're primarily white and/or other minorities who aren't very knowledgeable on the topic.

No idea what your entire first paragraph is about, though.
    Really? How do you know? Did they tell you? Are you just assuming?

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't believe anyone said he was?

Fantastic Member

So I stumbled upon some threads online about the Injustice 2021 animated movie.
    Unless you guys wants spoilers, all I gotta say.

Man was the movie different. Like real different.

Astonishing Member

It's understand why they complain whenever artists mess up and give him blue eyes instead of green
    Damian has white skin and blue eyes first. So, I wouldn't say artists that drawn him that way mess up.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-10-2021 at 05:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Try again.
    Well, we don't have data that most people asking for this are Middle Eastern either, right?

We can see many people who want Damian with darker skin aren't Middle Eastern (I don't know if they are the majority).
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-10-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Try again.
    You're not a very good troll. Because this works for your entire argument as well. The difference is that I've actually interacted with Middle Eastern people who've said this stuff.

Cool

Damian costumes evolution:

Damian Wayne Robin costume Evolution.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-10-2021 at 08:48 PM.