Page 138 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    What the hell? Some people actually shipped Bruce and Dick...

I get why people shipped Bruce and Clark, and a little a idea why Tim and Jason.

But Bruce and Dick? Man I thought everyone who shipped them was just doing the ole Batman and Robin are gay jokes since like the beginning, the same joke that caused the creation of Batwoman and Bat-girl, not actually serious.

On the other hand, Damian being excluded from favouritism is a point. I think whenever a writer needs a bratty/annoying/evil Robin they can just chuck in Damian for it. The recent character regression shows it, but hopefully that'll change in some near future. His presence in main stream is still small compared to Dick, Jason, and Tim. Some positive thoughts that when Damian gets involved in another media outside the comics, he'll gain positive rep.
    No, people really be out here shipping Bruce with his kids. Canon be damned.

Damian is a divisive character who already gets a lot of vocal hate so welcome any positive attention/content to help drown out the haters.

Luckily there's a variety of Damian focused content out there so one can ignore what they don't support.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Posting this here from the Jon Kent thread.
    Thanks for this @garazza

Finally we get to find out they planned for Damian. The question of where was Damian is finally answered.

I'm curious and nervous.

Astonishing Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dami...g-dc-universe/
    Which also would have put Jonathan Kent at odds with his best friend, Damian Wayne. Who was not the new Batman, Luke Fox was. And yes, back then, it was going to be Luke Fox and not Tim Fox, just as we originally heard. Damian Wayne was instead echoing the actions of his grandfather instead, Ra's Ah Ghul, accomplishing everything Ghul failed at, and in the process becoming the new Big Bad of the DC Universe. And with Jonathan Kent in direct opposition to his former best friend, with the comparison made internally at DC Comics that Damian would be Magneto to Jonathan Kent's Professor X. And another example of Dan DiDio's DC Comics trying to mirror and match aspects of the Marvel Universe. Damian Wayne would be remaking a world without borders, alongside the Leviathan group, hating the Luke Fox Batman as a pretender to Bruce Wayne's name, with Luke Fox not trusting Jonathan Kent because of his previous relationship with Damian Wayne.
    Thank God this **** is cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's even scary to imagine what these plans were.
    But interesting.
    Williamson had pretty much already confirmed that he was going to be a villain in 5g. According to bleedingcool he was going to be THE villain. Ra's Al Ghul 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Williamson had pretty much already confirmed that he was going to be a villain in 5g. According to bleedingcool he was going to be THE villain. Ra's Al Ghul 2.0.
    With this added context, Williamson's Robin is quite literally the definition of "**** that ****."

I mean, like wow, no wonder Tomasi left DC.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    With this added context, Williamson's Robin is quite literally the definition of "**** that ****."

I mean, like wow, no wonder Tomasi left DC.
    All of that wonderful characterization that Tomasi did was amazing, I can't believe they were going to make Damian be the Demon's Head.

Oh that is just all kinds of "**** THIS ****!"

I'm not usually one to be thankful for someone's firing but I'm not really seeing a downside to Didio no longer being here.

Astonishing Member

And all of that explains Damian's absence in Future State. They completely cut this storyline, but, I guess, they didn't manage to figure out something else.

And all of that explains Damian's absence in Future State. They completely cut this storyline, but, I guess, they didn't manage to figure out something else.
    Probably for the better.

At least Jason's Future State Storyline is pretty decent. So I have that to fall back onto.

Honestly, this doesn't surprises me at all, but it makes me really sad. I'm really glad for what we have today in Robin (2021).

It lines up with the Hitler comments from Legion of SH
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Have not posted in many years but I just picked up the current new issues of Robin...and I love it so far.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Fantastic Member

Batman 666, Future State, and let's count Batman Beyond considering it is similar to Future State.

Man Damian can't a break on writers on what his supposed to be in the future. From the Hitler comments, and the last TT run we were all expecting that he was going to go all Demon's Head. Luckily that didn't happen, still.

Makes you wonder if they progress Damian enough in the future, what's his next thing going to be.
    The only options that really pick up interest is him taking over the League of Assassins. Unless he's going to be the Robin forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Batman 666, Future State, and let's count Batman Beyond considering it is similar to Future State.

Man Damian can't a break on writers on what his supposed to be in the future. From the Hitler comments, and the last TT run we were all expecting that he was going to go all Demon's Head. Luckily that didn't happen, still.

Makes you wonder if they progress Damian enough in the future, what's his next thing going to be.
    The only options that really pick up interest is him taking over the League of Assassins. Unless he's going to be the Robin forever.
    Tim managed to stay 16/17 for like two decades and we still have no confirmation that he's not a teenager anymore, so I don't see DC making Damian old enough that he has to pick up a new role/can take over the league of assassins anytime soon.
    Escpecially considering that 5G (which would have done that) met so much resistance inside DC that Didio got fired, 5G was scrapped and Damian wasn't even in Future State. The writers didn't want 5G and a lot of people seem to agree. Even the most positive opinions I've seen online were along the line of "maybe it would have worked as an elseworlds, but not as main continuity"

If we ever reach that point in time the DC universe might look completely different from how it is now. A story might be so good and well received that it opens completely new doors for the character. Or Damian might end up getting erased after DC's next reboot or the reboot after if they have no plans for him anymore. Kids of superheroes have a long history of being killed off or getting erased.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    All of that wonderful characterization that Tomasi did was amazing, I can't believe they were going to make Damian be the Demon's Head.
    I don't get DC's obsession with making Damian evil either. I think it's a pretty boring concept. Assassin child learning what it means to be a hero and trying to become a better person and eventually he's going to succeed will always be more appealing to me than "I couldn't escape my evil upbringing so now I'm going to become a bad Hitler allegory purely so the people that never had to deal with the bullshit I grew up with have someone to fight against to show off how good they are"

Who wants to bet they would have absolved Bruce of all the blame for Damian turning out like this and that Luke Fox/Tim Fox (or whoever would have picked up the mantle, I don't care) would have absolutely humiliated Damian to show how "Batman is not a birthright, it has to be earned" or some tired bullshit like that?
    Last edited by Astralabius; 07-20-2021 at 11:31 PM.