Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 487
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,044

    Default Damian Wayne Robin Appreciation 2021

    Link to 2020 and previous Appreciation threads https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2020

    Happy 2021 Everyone. What do you think is in store for Damian Wayne this Year?
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-15-2021 at 09:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Happy New Year Everyone.

  3. #3
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,020

    Default

    Happy New Year to Damian and all his fans .

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Happy 2021 Everyone. What do you think is in store for Damian Wayne this Year?
    I don't know. I'm not good with predictions so I'll just go with the obvious.

    With Snyder and Tynion still calling the shots as DC's big sellers I predict more undermi9ning and more attempts to replace him with Pets and characters they stan. You the the same thing they've been doing since Snyder took over the Batman title years back.

    Damian will continue being Robin regardless
    DCeased part 3, More Supersons but I don't see an ongoing in the works just yet.
    I also predict animated Damian will be back as will Damian and Raven despite the best efforts of Supersons fans.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    What are people's thoughts on this? fans be crazy.

    Someone changed the Supersons Wiki. On the damian Wayne Spanish Wiki, Jon is listed as his wife


  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What are people's thoughts on this? fans be crazy.

    Someone changed the Supersons Wiki. On the damian Wayne Spanish Wiki, Jon is listed as his wife

    fans be Crazy indeed. That's just creepy.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I don't know. I'm not good with predictions so I'll just go with the obvious.

    With Snyder and Tynion still calling the shots as DC's big sellers I predict more undermi9ning and more attempts to replace him with Pets and characters they stan. You the the same thing they've been doing since Snyder took over the Batman title years back.

    Damian will continue being Robin regardless
    DCeased part 3, More Supersons but I don't see an ongoing in the works just yet.
    I also predict animated Damian will be back as will Damian and Raven despite the best efforts of Supersons fans.
    I also predict the return of Injustice Damian, dick and Damian getting a reunion curtesy of Taylor.

    I don't see an ongoing. Don't think anyone in the Batfamily is getting one aside from Dick [lets face it Dick and Babs are the only ones who've managed to carry a solo since rebirth]

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Happy 2021 Everyone. What do you think is in store for Damian Wayne this Year?
    Happy new year

    Not really a prediction, I just hope that DC will do Damian and Talia more justice than they did in the past.
    Damian reconnecting with his mother has a lot of potential if DC doesn't treat them as villains.
    I think most of us had enough of that.

  9. #9
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What are people's thoughts on this? fans be crazy.

    Someone changed the Supersons Wiki. On the damian Wayne Spanish Wiki, Jon is listed as his wife

    I don't ship them, but even if I did I wouldn't agree with something like this. People can have their headcanons, but maybe they should keep in mind that it's just that, headcanons.

  10. #10
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I also predict the return of Injustice Damian, dick and Damian getting a reunion curtesy of Taylor.

    I don't see an ongoing. Don't think anyone in the Batfamily is getting one aside from Dick [lets face it Dick and Babs are the only ones who've managed to carry a solo since rebirth]
    There is nothing confirmed yet, but Gleb Melnikov (or maybe it was Joshua Williamson) did say on twitter that the back up stories would lead to something bigger. Which is not suprising considering that the 20 pages Damian's back up stories will have combined are not enough space to tell a lot of story. It all sounds like a set up for a bigger storyline.

    Gleb seems to be working on Damian even after the back up stories and he also confirmed only a little while ago that he's working on a cover for *****#1.
    Nothing is confirmed, but I also wouldn't say it's impossible for Damian to get an ongoing.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Happy new year

    Not really a prediction, I just hope that DC will do Damian and Talia more justice than they did in the past.
    Damian reconnecting with his mother has a lot of potential if DC doesn't treat them as villains.
    I think most of us had enough of that.

    Agree. Taylor did Mama Talia and Damian some justice. I think I'm ready for positive Talia and Damian. Used to be a fan of super-villainous Talia but DC never did her Justice. Bendis especially turned her mediocre

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,535

    Default

    LMAO okay didn't expect that to be the first pic on the thread
    That kind of edit happens a lot... sometimes... once or twice
    It is kind of a shipper joke. They're usually gone within a day. People just wait to see how long before someone notice and edit it back. So enjoy it while you can
    ...
    I'm saving it

  13. #13
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Happy 2021 Everyone. What do you think is in store for Damian Wayne this Year?
    Happy New Year! I think a part 3 of DCeased is definitely a possibility later in the year, and, contrary to most people, I do think there's a strong possibility Damian will be in an book. And I'm also really excited to finally find out what happened with him in Future State, because I've been wondering since they announced it.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    There is nothing confirmed yet, but Gleb Melnikov (or maybe it was Joshua Williamson) did say on twitter that the back up stories would lead to something bigger. Which is not suprising considering that the 20 pages Damian's back up stories will have combined are not enough space to tell a lot of story. It all sounds like a set up for a bigger storyline.

    Gleb seems to be working on Damian even after the back up stories and he also confirmed only a little while ago that he's working on a cover for *****#1.
    Nothing is confirmed, but I also wouldn't say it's impossible for Damian to get an ongoing.
    I hope so but DC seems to be going for saver menu [unproven/fresh cheap talent and slashed no of on-going's]
    Odd choices when it comes to approving pitches [I'm not Starfire. Just why?, Tim drake as Robin but not? Red Hood and Grifter both in the Batfamily corner of titles?]

    Damian has good sales but lets be honest, DC plays favourites and Damian isn't high on that list.

    I don't want to get my hopes up. DC messed too much with Damian during Rebirth. They really did him dirty.

    I hope you are proven correct and Damian gets a title.

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,535

    Default

    I'll start with some of Damian's Classic Hits:
    "Father I imagined you taller"
    "Don't patronize me or I'll break your face"
    "WHERE'S MY LAPTOP"
    JUL060136_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •