Extraordinary Member

Default Detective Comics #1047 Preview

Detective Comics #1047 Preview
    Writer: Mariko Tamaki
    Artist: Ivan Reis
    Backup Writer: Matthew Rosenburg
    Backup Artist: Fernando Blanco

A redhead named Roy...what are the chances?

So I guess Kate wears her long wig in public when she needs someone to recognize her as Batwoman but not Kate Kane.

This started out nicely. I already like Ana and Reis' Kate looks awesome, but I'm not sure how I feel about going from the jump forward back to the beginning come next Issue.

I thought Wear was gonna be the main villian. So it's a fun reversal when he dies. The backup was fun and I'm wondering if that's supposed to be Nero's backstory?

Incredible Member

It was an interesting start. The team seems to be Huntress, Batwoman, the Batgirls, and Nightwing.

It's interesting that Cass was called batgirl but Steph was referred to as "Steph'.
    I wonder what they are going to do in the long run with two characters sharing a code name.
    While they claimed there are multiple Robins, there were never two official Robins simultaneously, and even now Tim was told that he needs to move on from being Robin and that it's Damian's mantle.

Looks interesting, I dropped the title a while back, but ...

The cover looks cool, and I'm a fan of the Huntress and Batwoman.

A confused red head named Roy who finds himself in trouble, or being used by a crime figure....hmmmm where have I read that a dozen times.

If it's Harper, as long as they rectify the black lantern powers and get him shooting a bow again, I'm good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Looks interesting, I dropped the title a while back, but ...

The cover looks cool, and I'm a fan of the Huntress and Batwoman.

A confused red head named Roy who finds himself in trouble, or being used by a crime figure....hmmmm where have I read that a dozen times.

If it's Harper, as long as they rectify the black lantern powers and get him shooting a bow again, I'm good.
    Roy is currently in TTA with the other Titans. That's not him here, just another redhead with the same name.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Even though I haven't been a fan of events of late (especially how long they are) I went into this with an open mind because I really do like Tamaki's writing...but this is as far as I go. We started with an entire annual that was focused on setting up this event. Then we had last week’s issue which was another vague setup for this event and now we got the actual first chapter this week ... and it’s just more setup for the event. It's been just so much treading water and not even interesting treading either, we got five whole pages of a press conference lead by a character we had never met and he's just a bland character ... and then we flash forward to the all too predictable fall of the new Arkham and the doctor is thrown out the window to his death. It's supposed to be this huge moment, we know this because it was a huge splash-page...but it falls flatter than the body because we don't know who this guy is, so why care that he's dead? And that's pretty much the moral of the story here, there's just not enough here to make you care; there's all kinds of action that takes place towards the end but it's so much sound and fury that ultimately signifies nothing.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!