Page 1 of 259 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Damian Wayne Robin Appreciation 2021

Link to 2020 and previous Appreciation threads https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2020

Happy 2021 Everyone. What do you think is in store for Damian Wayne this Year?
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-15-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Happy New Year Everyone.

Happy New Year to Damian and all his fans .

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't know. I'm not good with predictions so I'll just go with the obvious.

With Snyder and Tynion still calling the shots as DC's big sellers I predict more undermi9ning and more attempts to replace him with Pets and characters they stan. You the the same thing they've been doing since Snyder took over the Batman title years back.

Damian will continue being Robin regardless
    DCeased part 3, More Supersons but I don't see an ongoing in the works just yet.
    I also predict animated Damian will be back as will Damian and Raven despite the best efforts of Supersons fans.

What are people's thoughts on this? fans be crazy.

Someone changed the Supersons Wiki. On the damian Wayne Spanish Wiki, Jon is listed as his wife

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Someone changed the Supersons Wiki. On the damian Wayne Spanish Wiki, Jon is listed as his wife

fans be Crazy indeed. That's just creepy.

I don't know. I'm not good with predictions so I'll just go with the obvious.

With Snyder and Tynion still calling the shots as DC's big sellers I predict more undermi9ning and more attempts to replace him with Pets and characters they stan. You the the same thing they've been doing since Snyder took over the Batman title years back.

Damian will continue being Robin regardless
    DCeased part 3, More Supersons but I don't see an ongoing in the works just yet.
    I also predict animated Damian will be back as will Damian and Raven despite the best efforts of Supersons fans.
    I also predict the return of Injustice Damian, dick and Damian getting a reunion curtesy of Taylor.

I don't see an ongoing. Don't think anyone in the Batfamily is getting one aside from Dick [lets face it Dick and Babs are the only ones who've managed to carry a solo since rebirth]

Happy new year

Not really a prediction, I just hope that DC will do Damian and Talia more justice than they did in the past.
    Damian reconnecting with his mother has a lot of potential if DC doesn't treat them as villains.
    I think most of us had enough of that.

I don't ship them, but even if I did I wouldn't agree with something like this. People can have their headcanons, but maybe they should keep in mind that it's just that, headcanons.

I also predict the return of Injustice Damian, dick and Damian getting a reunion curtesy of Taylor.

I don't see an ongoing. Don't think anyone in the Batfamily is getting one aside from Dick [lets face it Dick and Babs are the only ones who've managed to carry a solo since rebirth]
    There is nothing confirmed yet, but Gleb Melnikov (or maybe it was Joshua Williamson) did say on twitter that the back up stories would lead to something bigger. Which is not suprising considering that the 20 pages Damian's back up stories will have combined are not enough space to tell a lot of story. It all sounds like a set up for a bigger storyline.

Gleb seems to be working on Damian even after the back up stories and he also confirmed only a little while ago that he's working on a cover for *****#1.
    Nothing is confirmed, but I also wouldn't say it's impossible for Damian to get an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Happy new year

Not really a prediction, I just hope that DC will do Damian and Talia more justice than they did in the past.
    Damian reconnecting with his mother has a lot of potential if DC doesn't treat them as villains.
    I think most of us had enough of that.

Agree. Taylor did Mama Talia and Damian some justice. I think I'm ready for positive Talia and Damian. Used to be a fan of super-villainous Talia but DC never did her Justice. Bendis especially turned her mediocre

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

LMAO okay didn't expect that to be the first pic on the thread
    That kind of edit happens a lot... sometimes... once or twice
    It is kind of a shipper joke. They're usually gone within a day. People just wait to see how long before someone notice and edit it back. So enjoy it while you can
    I'm saving it

Happy New Year! I think a part 3 of DCeased is definitely a possibility later in the year, and, contrary to most people, I do think there's a strong possibility Damian will be in an book. And I'm also really excited to finally find out what happened with him in Future State, because I've been wondering since they announced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    There is nothing confirmed yet, but Gleb Melnikov (or maybe it was Joshua Williamson) did say on twitter that the back up stories would lead to something bigger. Which is not suprising considering that the 20 pages Damian's back up stories will have combined are not enough space to tell a lot of story. It all sounds like a set up for a bigger storyline.

Gleb seems to be working on Damian even after the back up stories and he also confirmed only a little while ago that he's working on a cover for *****#1.
    Nothing is confirmed, but I also wouldn't say it's impossible for Damian to get an ongoing.
    I hope so but DC seems to be going for saver menu [unproven/fresh cheap talent and slashed no of on-going's]
    Odd choices when it comes to approving pitches [I'm not Starfire. Just why?, Tim drake as Robin but not? Red Hood and Grifter both in the Batfamily corner of titles?]

Damian has good sales but lets be honest, DC plays favourites and Damian isn't high on that list.

I don't want to get my hopes up. DC messed too much with Damian during Rebirth. They really did him dirty.

I hope you are proven correct and Damian gets a title.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'll start with some of Damian's Classic Hits:
    "Father I imagined you taller"
    "Don't patronize me or I'll break your face"
    "WHERE'S MY LAPTOP"
    JUL060136_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg