Page 94 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    All the comments I'd seen re that manga were suggestions about it being Jon's influence so glad others noticed the content. I thought it was a nice touch.
    Eh. That's a nice headcanon, I suppose. But yeah. I doubt it had anything to do with Jon. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually the other way around lol

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Oh god... how did I miss that?!

I think I ignored that and just assumed Damian was straight coz of Lex. Daaaaamn, Lexi was right! She was their number 1 shipper XD.
    I liked Lexi. She's spunky, diabolical and able to rock the Luthor baldness.

I'm on board with her being The Just's SuperBat no 1 shipper.

Damian from the Just was for sure in the closet. Chris too. His attitude when he was asking Damian who his guest was was far too emotional and sulky.

It was like

Chris: "I can smell that cheap perfume. Where is she? Where is that hussy hiding"

Lexi still in the coat that Damian tossed over her trembles in his lead lined closet
    End Scene.

Damian from that Universe had such a suave Bat suit.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-09-2021 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. That's a nice headcanon, I suppose. But yeah. I doubt it had anything to do with Jon. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually the other way around lol
    I like Damian converting Jon from an anime only to a manga reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Damian as the next Lex Luthor? Never thought of that before... Only if Jon Kent can be the next Joker!
    A half Kryptonian Joker! Lord help the DC Universe.
    And don't give Scott Snyder ideas.

So I found out that Supersons trades performed significantly better on Amazon than Diamond makes me think that the audience for the boys was never the Direct sales fans.

Both of my kids are huge fans and the same is true with a lot of the other dad's in my FB comic group.

With the current series wrapping up I hope we get another not just for myself but for all the kids out there and the dads who finally were able to share their interest with their kids.

I saw the Mother Soul similar to Talia.. I would not discard her as Damian grandmother

https://www.cbr.com/robin-mother-soul-identity/

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw the Mother Soul similar to Talia.. I would not discard her as Damian grandmother

https://www.cbr.com/robin-mother-soul-identity/
    That actually would be pretty cool. It'd flesh out the Al Ghul's a little more, maybe even develop Talia at some later point. Plus we know Ra's is showing up later, so that would be a confrontation to watch.

Mother Soul says that tournament is happening every 100 years, my understanding is that Talia's mother shouldn't be older than 60. Granted, it can be changed, but I don't think that it really fits at the moment. Maybe she is Ra's mother?

Fantastic Member

So read the DC Festival Celebration of Asian Superheroes.
    two-ish Damian stories.

The first story basically
    spoilers:
    Batman suspects there is something going somewhere involving a pizza place, Damian offers to help but Batman tells him to take the night off and go hang out with his friends. Of course, Robin doesn't do that and investigates finding that the League of Assassins were springing a trap, and attacks Robin. All this while Damian has an internal monologue to himself, that leads to Damian reassuring himself that he is the one who defines him, that his past does not define him. All while beating the assassins at a pizza place.
    end of spoilers

The second story is
    spoilers:
    Nothing, he just gets named dropped and mentioned for two panels. It wasn't revealed what Damian said to Cass for her to get all sad. Though it was nice to see Collins once more
    end of spoilers

Nice little fun stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    So read the DC Festival Celebration of Asian Superheroes.
    two-ish Damian stories.

The first story basically
    spoilers:
    Batman suspects there is something going somewhere involving a pizza place, Damian offers to help but Batman tells him to take the night off and go hang out with his friends. Of course, Robin doesn't do that and investigates finding that the League of Assassins were springing a trap, and attacks Robin. All this while Damian has an internal monologue to himself, that leads to Damian reassuring himself that he is the one who defines him, that his past does not define him. All while beating the assassins at a pizza place.
    end of spoilers

The second story is
    spoilers:
    Nothing, he just gets named dropped and mentioned for two panels. It wasn't revealed what Damian said to Cass for her to get all sad. Though it was nice to see Collins once more
    end of spoilers

Nice little fun stories.
    Was it at least positive representation? I suppose the LOA isn't necessarily Asian but Talia is. I hope the Al Ghuls weren't demonised too much. Will check the title out

Nah, nobody was demonised nor praised much. A definition of "filler" I'd say.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Nah, nobody was demonised nor praised much. A definition of "filler" I'd say.

Ah well that's better than nothing. To be honest as much as i like Damian he wasn't the main draw for me.

Were there any standouts? and would you recommend spending money on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Dropping in to kick ass. Remember in that B&r Annual where young damian had that extra spiky batman costume?

This bad guy here is lucky Damian gave up the spiked boots

Damian's story was pretty alright. Nothing special, and nothing that really touched on his heritage all that much aside from the usual League of Assassins stuff. Thought his and Bruce's dialogue could have been written a bit better but it wasn't Bendis levels of OOC so I could give it a pass.

The second story...man I wish it had been longer. But it was nice seeing Colin again and seeing that he's formed relationships with more heroes besides Damian.